PDA

View Full Version : I take it back !!! Motomail

Firefight
6th August 2005, 19:53
A few of you will recall, I have from time to time passed comment about both the lack of service and the lack of decent sales at Motomail !..

Well I have to say that my view has changed.

Went there today to pick up some ride gear for my wife, and despite running into some Riff Raff on the door step (well Sue & Jimmy) ha sorry guys. :rofl:

No jokes, aside , I have to say that not only has the level of service improved vastly, but we also got some bloody sharp deals (remember Ia'm a canny Scot) and don't like partin with me cash...

the sales dude was very helpful, not pushy at all, and had a lot of handy info,
apparently there's a road down south called H/way 22 and a lot of bikes use it :whistle: .. just goes to show you can learn something every day..

So thanks Motomail.

F/F :ride:

Riff Raff
6th August 2005, 20:04
Went there today to pick up some ride gear for my wife, and despite running into some Riff Raff on the door step (well Sue & Jimmy) ha sorry guys. :rofl:

Yeah nice to see you today - must stop running into each other like this, it's getting ridiculous. BTW you looked good with the handbag slung over your shoulder outside the changing rooms there. Good straight face you got going there during the 22 conversation - "22? Where's that?"

bugjuice
6th August 2005, 20:13
lol.. yeah, I bought my cordora jacket and pants from them, and gloves, and they put quite a good deal together. Even when I went back cos the stitching started to come loose on the gloves, they did seem to go out of their way to make sure they had a brand new pair in for me the next day. I'd go back there for more things, and I have recommended them to people too. Personally not had any issues with them, but not dealt hugely with them.. good bunch as far as I know..

this 22 sounds interesting then.. did they give you good directions? do they know where the rest of it went?

mattt
6th August 2005, 20:18
this 22 sounds interesting then.. did they give you good directions? do they know where the rest of it went?

I reckon F/F pinched it and has it in his back yard..... :rofl:

WINJA
6th August 2005, 20:35
IT USED TO BE SHIT , BUT THE MIDGET GUY THERE WHO OWNS THE TRIUMPH GAVE ME THE HELL DEAL ON MY MISSUS KIT , GOOD COFFEE TOO

unhingedlizard
6th August 2005, 21:53
i brought shitloads of stuff there when doing my bike up. think it is great. went there two weekends ago and had troublr getting in as there were so many there.

Zapf
7th August 2005, 00:04
IT USED TO BE SHIT , BUT THE MIDGET GUY THERE WHO OWNS THE TRIUMPH GAVE ME THE HELL DEAL ON MY MISSUS KIT , GOOD COFFEE TOO

Is that guy's name starts with C*****? I had bad experience there before from my 1st purchase... they say they can't be liable for how products they sell to me perform... (when I was a newbie) still anoyed... haven't been back since unless I have to.

Suney
7th August 2005, 00:34
I bought my jacket from there as well
They were very helpful indeed with style/size..etc, even let me try on some SIDI boots even though I was determined to find some alpinestars

WINJA
7th August 2005, 10:45
Is that guy's name starts with C*****? I had bad experience there before from my 1st purchase... they say they can't be liable for how products they sell to me perform... (when I was a newbie) still anoyed... haven't been back since unless I have to.
I DONT KNOW HIS FUCKEN NAME , I DONT NEED A DATE JUST SOME GEAR, ITS THE SHORT WHITE MIDGET WITH THE TRIUMPH THAT HAS THE MV EXHAUSTS

zeRax
7th August 2005, 10:51
we prefer to be called little people/person >:0

Big Dave
7th August 2005, 12:59
I DONT KNOW HIS FUCKEN NAME , I DONT NEED A DATE JUST SOME GEAR, ITS THE SHORT WHITE MIDGET WITH THE TRIUMPH THAT HAS THE MV EXHAUSTS

His name is Chris Hyland and you are right - he's one of the good ones. My bruddah The Hippie works there as well and so does the Labrat on the weekends.

Put it this way - there are 6 people (i thought about it) that i would lend my motorcycle to without concern. they are 3 of them

stify
23rd August 2005, 19:37
Well a trip to motomail today for some boots and gloves for girlygirl was a goodin, staff were all helpful and pleasent to deal with, with relevent info on the products they have, and were able to take the time for us(which ain't always is the case with some of the bike come acces shops in the Auckland area that i've had the displeasure to wander in and then out of)
so thumbs up for those guys, they'll feature on my next trip for any gear.

cheers F/F otherwise i might not have bothered

Cibby
24th August 2005, 08:51
ok so.. excuse my ignorance :whistle:

but

where are they situated?? I need boots and pants.. soonish...

BNZ
24th August 2005, 09:29
ok so.. excuse my ignorance :whistle:

but

where are they situated?? I need boots and pants.. soonish...

www.motomail.co.nz

2-6 Western Springs Road
Kingsland
AUCKLAND

0800 65 24 53

T.I.E
24th August 2005, 09:35
they have a new sales guy there. nice dude to deal with very helpful.
unfortunately you can have color you like as long as it is black.

Biff
24th August 2005, 09:38
Still waiting for my catalogue which I ordered back in October, then again in Feb.

Shame there's still no online facility to buy from them yet. Their new web site's still under development I see.

Come on BD - surely you can help them out a bit there?

Smorg
24th August 2005, 10:20
Went in there on the weekend and the guy with the pony tail told me that fairings were for "POOFS"!!!!!! dont know what he's been told about ponytails but im pretty sure that they have a large element of poof in them.

BUT still pretty good service other than pony tail man

Big Dave
24th August 2005, 11:11
Went in there on the weekend and the guy with the pony tail told me that fairings were for "POOFS"!!!!!! dont know what he's been told about ponytails but im pretty sure that they have a large element of poof in them.

BUT still pretty good service other than pony tail man

It was a joke. He makes lots of them. Not as many smart arse comments as me - but it was only a gag - you poof. :devil2:

Big Dave
24th August 2005, 11:13
Still waiting for my catalogue which I ordered back in October, then again in Feb.

Shame there's still no online facility to buy from them yet. Their new web site's still under development I see.

Come on BD - surely you can help them out a bit there?

PM me your details and it will be done.

Mr Skid
24th August 2005, 11:21
the guy with the pony tail told me that fairings were for "POOFS"!!!!!! He's right, you know..

Smorg
24th August 2005, 11:26
He's right, you know..

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

stify
24th August 2005, 11:27
He's right, you know..

no he's not, they're for collecting bugs and other assorted wildlife :motu:

Smorg
24th August 2005, 11:28
It was a joke. He makes lots of them. Not as many smart arse comments as me - but it was only a gag - you poof. :devil2:

yeah yeah i know itd have to be you couldnt take anyone who rode a triumph seriously :p :p :rofl: :rofl:

Big Dave
24th August 2005, 11:34
yeah yeah i know itd have to be you couldnt take anyone who rode a triumph seriously :p :p :rofl: :rofl:

:clap: 1 all at half time.

Smorg
24th August 2005, 11:40
:clap: 1 all at half time.

:wari: :wari:

oldrider
24th August 2005, 12:18
Can't see them over the phone! Always helpfull and great to deal with. Cheers John. :clap:

Motu
24th August 2005, 12:50
There are only 2 bike shops I deal with in Auckland,because they work longer hours than me and are open when I finaly get the time to look for parts or gear.Never had any problems with products or staff from either.Praticaly my whole riding kit comes from Motomail....if you want my custom you have to be open when I have the need to purchase,I've only got positive things to say about them.

steved
24th August 2005, 17:44
He's right, you know..Is that why you removed them quickly on your last bike? :hbd:

loosebruce
24th August 2005, 18:15
My bruddah The Hippie works there as well

Aye, i didn't know the Hippe was your brother, goes to show how much attention i pay to things, and when you rocked into Hell the other night, i was still trying to wake up and when you came in behind the counter i was like "oh man thats one big fucker i'm going to have to take down" you're just lucky my vison cleared up in time to realise it was you, could've been trouble otherwise.

Motomail is all good in my books, i tend to take my business to places i know people well, as you generally get the better deals and service.

Big Dave
24th August 2005, 18:55
Aye, i didn't know the Hippe was your brother,

Bruddah - as in soul.

"oh man thats one big fucker i'm going to have to take down" you're just lucky my vison cleared up in time to realise it was you, could've been trouble otherwise.

I get accused of intimidating people when I'm standing around scratching my nuts - but you talk the talk and I'll walk the walk mate!
I go from my place down to your shop - up to the nine ways and along Gt Sth rd to greenlane - up to remuera rd - ladies mile and back home every day now (unless it's diabolical weather) - about an 8km jog/walk.

SuperDave
24th August 2005, 23:22
Bough my pair of SIDI Vetebra 2's from them for the decent price of $399.00 if I'm not mistaken - This was a good 6 months or so back. Been there once and had no complaints.

Biff
25th August 2005, 19:14
Twas only yesterday that I whinged about the fact that Motomail were a little slow in delivering their catalogues. Then today *poof* one magically appears in my mailbox.

May I thank said poof for his help. :2thumbsup

Big Dave
25th August 2005, 19:31
Happy shopping - And, that was one of the last ones in captivity - they are actually out of stock now.
Plan is to get the Web site sorted then on to the next one.