PDA

View Full Version : blast 4/01

andy1
3rd January 2004, 18:12
if any FAST riders keen for a blast tomorrow, you are welcome to come along. We meet at Quay st at the bakery next to the Mcdonalds. at 11:00. hope to see you there.
cheers

Motoracer
3rd January 2004, 19:22
Hey bro, I don't know about being fast but I will come along tomorrow.

NhuanH
3rd January 2004, 19:30
i'll try and make it along to my 2nd KB ride. Hopefully better than the first: was reasonably fast until I came to a sudden stop... :doh:

What's the route plan?

Coldkiwi
3rd January 2004, 21:04
bro.. i'm dead keen but i'll be dishing up coffee at my church in Mt Eden till 1:30. I'm in the zone too after some 600km of cruise/fanging in the last week (have new tyres-will thrash!). let me know if you're plotting another one this week.. shoot round coromandel?
hope you have a wicked ride (could thr weather be any better?) but don't go crashing ya bike again!

wkid_one
3rd January 2004, 21:18
I remember that fated ride.....there were a shit load of bikes that day...and as I recall I think you were wearing jeans.

I was lucky enuf to be first on the road - so didn't see the carnage - although the graphic description KK gave us after he came through to Kaiaua was enuf. A group of nigh on 20+ riders was quickly shot down to 7.

wkid_one
3rd January 2004, 21:19
I'm in the zone too after some 600km of cruise/fanging in the last week !

So long as there are no driveways to negotiate eh CK????

Motoracer
3rd January 2004, 21:22
(could thr weather be any better?) but don't go crashing ya bike again!

I went for a ride to Raglan today and there was so much heat that the whole road was covered in melted tar. :( It would have been nicer with a bit more clouds. Maybe I am being a bit too fussy here so I should just stop bitchin and have fun anyways. :p

P.S. Andrew dosen't bin it THAT often. He is a f'ing talented rider. :)

wkid_one
3rd January 2004, 21:33
I think CK was Referring to Nuanh who had a nice altercation with the front of a late model korean car.

Coldkiwi
3rd January 2004, 21:35
P.S. Andrew dosen't bin it THAT often. He is a f'ing talented rider. :)

I know, I'm just being a cheeky prick! he showed me the way up Hunua on his CBR with 350cc less than me so I know he's on to it.. although perhaps slightly mentally unstable :)

I agree about the tar. The mangawhai to waipu road was practically fully molten yesterday. maybe coromandel is the best bet for a ride tomorrow then if a route hasn't been picked already (not that i can join in). The roads there seem to hold the heat better before breaking up from what i've seen, but then, I don't do so many Km's.

as for the driveway gybe.... I wasn't actually IN the driveway when it went for a spin. :whistle: anyway... no more stupid cold tyre disasters for me now that I'm properly shod. those diablo corsas didn't even give a hint of movement yesterday on anything other than melted tar. loads of confidence for me! woohoo! :apint:

andy1
3rd January 2004, 23:58
well, we will decide where to go today at the meeting place. For anyone living south and would like to ride today we go through clevedon so if you want we can meet you there. i guess around 11:30. cheers :)
let me know - 0212921883

Coldkiwi
4th January 2004, 14:26
I think CK was Referring to Nuanh who had a nice altercation with the front of a late model korean car.

no, no.. I was having a dig at Andy after he low sided his CBR racing his mate on the 954 to Waihi!! like i say.. I was being cheeky :buggerd:

andy1
4th January 2004, 17:47
thanks guys great ride. hope to see you all again sometime for another blast.
cheers :)

NhuanH
4th January 2004, 18:37
thanks for jacking it up andy1. And many thanks to your mate John and the rest of the crew for putting up with my slow ass. :yes:

750Y, it was a touch of deja vu: Gix#1 (and all other bikes for that matter) ahead of me, strangely familiar...at least I rode my bike back from this KB jaunt! :done:

SpankMe
4th January 2004, 19:56
Yep, a good ride. Glad I didn't bother with gloves and boots. :sweatdrop Bloody hot day.

Drunken Monkey
4th January 2004, 22:08
Aye good fun, despite my little shotcut into the ditch...hurt me pride more than me bike or wallet, so I'll count myself lucky :)

I just couldn't stop having a giggle about it actually...

Coldkiwi
5th January 2004, 09:56
thanks guys great ride. hope to see you all again sometime for another blast.
cheers :)
any clue as to when dude?

sounds like you guys had a good one. Where did you go?

Marmoot
5th January 2004, 10:59
Thank's for dragging me out for my first 04 ride........and 1st real ride after my latest "hard landing".....
Me n me's pillion enjoyed so much. A bit surprised u guys didn't catch up with us, Andy1. I'm sure u guys took the same route I took.

Drunken Monkey
5th January 2004, 12:38
BTW - Thanks to all those that showed concern and helped me pull my sorry ass out of the bank/ditch!

Motoracer
5th January 2004, 12:39
Thank's for dragging me out for my first 04 ride........and 1st real ride after my latest "hard landing".....
Me n me's pillion enjoyed so much. A bit surprised u guys didn't catch up with us, Andy1. I'm sure u guys took the same route I took.

That would have happened if it was just Andrew and John and my bro but since I was there, they had to stop for ages at each intersection to let me catch up.

Meanwhile my mirror came loose and so did a part of my tail piece. Oh, and the rear suspension has collapced as well, I think... I just noticed the swingarm and the rest of the bike banging against each other this morning.

I guess this just means more fun to be had fixing the bike up in the garage. :rolleyes: Ahhh.. the pleasures/perks of buying an old cheap second hand bike. :eek:

Marmoot
5th January 2004, 13:28
any clue as to when dude?

sounds like you guys had a good one. Where did you go?

It's either next Sat or next Sun.
And either Whanga or Waingaro
hee hee.....life is predictable sometimes :eek:

andy1
5th January 2004, 18:23
marmoot, are u talking about on the way back. i ran out of gas and had to be towed from John! a bitch on the arm holding on.

coldkiwi u are welcome to come along to another ride this weekend on sat or sun. ill let u know. seeu :)

Coldkiwi
6th January 2004, 09:51
hitting banks, collapsed suspensions and getting towed back by a bike??? oh i definitely want to be on the next one!!! (i'll make sure I put the pillion seat on this time incase i turn into a taxi!)

lol!

slob
6th January 2004, 12:20
hitting banks, collapsed suspensions and getting towed back by a bike??? oh i definitely want to be on the next one!!! (i'll make sure I put the pillion seat on this time incase i turn into a taxi!)

lol!
Yep, ANOTHER casualty of that ride was my carbs seizing everytime we stopped (3 times in total!) - me and my bro MotoRacer had to give up on the way back at Mercer and let Andy and John (954 rider) to go at their (incredibly swift) pace through Hunua while we plodded along on the highway.... :( Hopefully, I'll be up and running before next Fri....