PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a place to do my head work?

tigertim20
18th September 2012, 19:08
Im looking at getting some headwork done on my R1. POrts reshaped and cleaned up, and a brushed finish to help atomize the fuel etc etc. you get the idea, I may also get some other work done too.

anyway what Im looking for is a recommendation on where to get it done, I am in Otago, but I want it done right, so if necessary I am prepared to send parts around NZ to get it done right.

Im hoping I can get some recommendations from people who have actually had work done somewhere themselves and can make a factual comment about who, what, where, when, and how much, rather than just 'my mate got xx to do it'

any help is much appreciated, cheers!

DEATH_INC.
18th September 2012, 19:28
I've had work done by CSL in Palmy, it was ok work, but I did kinda expect more for the dollar. I usually do My own though.....
Why not call Tony Rees, he may know where abouts is the best place to tickle up Yammies.

jellywrestler
18th September 2012, 19:42
Brian Bernard's run a Yamaha team succesfully for the last few years and does his own motor work www.bernardracing.co.nz he'll breath some magic in it for sure

tigertim20
18th September 2012, 20:42
Brian Bernard's run a Yamaha team succesfully for the last few years and does his own motor work www.bernardracing.co.nz he'll breath some magic in it for sure

awesome, i didnt know he did his own work, I will definitely get in touch, thanks mate!

jellywrestler
18th September 2012, 21:04
awesome, i didnt know he did his own work, I will definitely get in touch, thanks mate!

don't forget to tell him Spyda recommended him then.
Brian learned his tickling bikes when he worked at Action Fours in California, somewhere i have an article from the cycle mag of the day comparing directly Action Fours and Yoshimura as the leading development companies in their day.
And of course If you've followed Bernard Racing over the years you'll know the rep he's got here

tigertim20
18th September 2012, 21:19
don't forget to tell him Spyda recommended him then.
Brian learned his tickling bikes when he worked at Action Fours in California, somewhere i have an article from the cycle mag of the day comparing directly Action Fours and Yoshimura as the leading development companies in their day.
And of course If you've followed Bernard Racing over the years you'll know the rep he's got here

yep, quite familiar with the name, but not the man, I will be sure to drop the name in there. that sounds like some pretty high praise, yoshi makes some gooood shit! there are yoshi cams out there for my bike, if ya can find them that is!