PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment for the morning

thehollowmen
7th August 2005, 11:40
Entertainment for the morning (http://bikerodnkustom3.homestead.com/cover7_01.html)

Ya know, they do actually have some skill. Do you think they're moving on to motorcycles or moving back from motorcycles?

Coyote
7th August 2005, 13:04
Some of them are pretty damn awesome

Big Dave
7th August 2005, 13:07
Kid? - I wouldn't mind one now! That orange dragster looks like a good way to burn some kilojoules.

Waylander
7th August 2005, 13:40
Hehehe I think I might try making one once I learn how to weld. Good way to practice making frames for real choppers aye... and it'd be cool to ride around town on it.

Waylander
7th August 2005, 15:49
First thing I did was print out the plans for the springer.
Now I'm gonn'a find me an old pushie to mess with. :banana:
Hehe why mess with an older bike? Unless you're just gonna use the gearing. Start from scratch mate then you can't complain later if the style doesn't suit. lol.

Waylander
7th August 2005, 16:56
Axle plates,head stock,gear set,seat post,universal and ready to be used.
Worked in the steel industry for way to many years so I can get tube of any type cheap, an I already know how to weld.Actualy I have a Dillon gas welding set that's designed for fine sheet metal,thin walled tube,gas tanks,ect ect.Works well for cast iron,alloys ect ect as well.It's normaly used for restoration work on vintage car panels an such like.
Building a custom pushie would be fun I reckon.
My new best friend!!!

Waylander
7th August 2005, 17:34
Gulp,,,errrr,I'm moving into my own place in Tokaroa next month an I'll be able to set up a workshop again,then things are going to happen.
From what you've told us already, I'd recomend you do a welding course that's run in Papakura and includes a CAD section.
I can get you the details if you like.
There is a course at WinTec that I am planning on taking after I finnish my Automotive Trade Cert. Teaches everything that has to do with welding and some design. Might be worth looking into that one to compare though...

Yea sure I'll take those details. Cheers mate.

And if you want to hide from me you're probably better off where you are since I don't know where that is. Tokaroa however, I know where that is and can even get there without a map. lol

Waylander
7th August 2005, 18:30
That was easier than I thought it would be.
Looks like their in Rotorua now as well.
www.welding.school.nz (http://www.welding.school.nz)
Lol according to that page they were in Rotorua first.

Cheers mate I'll give that a read.