PDA

View Full Version : Infractions

mossy1200
25th September 2012, 22:26
Reason: Ignoring Forum Netiquette

Im Forkin over this shitz.
If im gunna get told off for accidentally posting a bobo this site can do without me.

mashman
25th September 2012, 22:39
what's a bobo?

Hitcher
25th September 2012, 22:41
It's a sulky, quivering-bottom-lip moment when somebody refuses to take responsibility for their own actions.

Katman
25th September 2012, 22:44
You're just looking at them all wrong.

Start collecting them. They take on a whole new meaning.

gsxr
25th September 2012, 22:50
How many infractions do you need before you become impotent or even important ????

Virago
25th September 2012, 22:58
This has to be a "Goodbye KB" thread, surely? :lol:

Jantar
25th September 2012, 23:00
How many infractions do you need before you become impotent or even important ????

A heap of them. Most infractions expire after a very short time and there is no single infraction, other than spamming the site, that results in any loss of privelege whatsoever. Collecting too many may result in loss of ability to pm, give rep etc. More and you may be sin binned. Banning is possible if you get enough, but very rare, except for spamming then its immediate.

The infraction being complained of is the most minor of the lot. You would need 15 of them within 1 month to see any effect at all. Infractions really are no more than a warning that you may have exceeded some boundary and that site rules should be read.

Most members just ignore infractions. Some collect them. Some get all uppity because they have been reminded of the rules.

gsxr
25th September 2012, 23:08
A heap of them. Most infractions expire after a very short time and there is no single infraction, other than spamming the site, that results in any loss of privelege whatsoever. Collecting too many may result in loss of ability to pm, give rep etc. More and you may be sin binned. Banning is possible if you get enough, but very rare, except for spamming then its immediate.

The infraction being complained of is the most minor of the lot. You would need 15 of them within 1 month to see any effect at all. Infractions really are no more than a warning that you may have exceeded some boundary and that site rules should be read.

Most members just ignore infractions. Some collect them. Some get all uppity because they have been reminded of the rules.

Thank you for that explanation.
I took my minor one onboard and hopefully I control myself in the future

Big Dave
25th September 2012, 23:17
Infractions?
I'd say about three quarters.

onearmedbandit
25th September 2012, 23:54

If im gunna get told off for accidentally posting a bobo this site can do without me.

This should be posted in 'Site Stuff', not R & R. You can get an infraction for that too you know. But I won't this time, might just push you over the edge.

sinfull
26th September 2012, 06:15
Banning is possible if you get enough, but very rare, except for spamming then its immediate.

Wooohoooo I got one of them once, am i impotent ?

Expired: Pointless drivel posts Taking thread off topic 30th July 2009 21:15 moderator
Expired: Pointless drivel posts Taking thread off topic 8th March 2009 10:22 moderator
Expired: Profile Infraction Spamming everyone and blaming God 8th March 2009 10:14 moderator
Expired: Pointless drivel posts Taking thread off topic 7th January 2009 00:56 moderator
Expired: Private Abusive To Other Member(s)

Thing is, no other cunt can see them so who cares

Maha
26th September 2012, 07:31

Is that it?...some of us are only beginners at the yellow card thing. (skidmark has 64)

Abusive To Other Member(s)
Ignoring Forum Netiquette
Thread Dredge..........(it was 18 months old)
Posted in incorrect forum

oneofsix
26th September 2012, 07:35
Infractions?
I'd say about three quarters.

:nono: 1/6 :bleh:

BoristheBiter
26th September 2012, 07:40
So really they are just a pointless waste of time but the need for a mod to feel that they actually do something constructive with their day.

Str8 Jacket
26th September 2012, 07:48
My infractions make me smile. It makes me feel that someone went out of their way to make contact with me, you have to appreciate the effort really. I mean it's not like they even get paid, it's a job of love....... :love:

FJRider
26th September 2012, 07:58
I really did appreciate the effort Nasty put in on our behalf ... in the interest of our self improvement of course.

Madness
26th September 2012, 07:58
So really they are just a pointless waste of time but the need for a mod to feel that they actually do something constructive with their day.

Are you sure you work in sales? It's just that you always seem like such a negative cunt.

willytheekid
26th September 2012, 08:05
Im with mossy!

...So sick of these mods and there friggin fractions! :tugger: (some of us just aint good at math ok...I try!!...but I is always running out of fingers & toes:weep:)

http://blogs.hpedsb.on.ca/madps/smcfadden/files/2011/04/FunnyMathFractionsProblem.jpg

...wait...I feel like Ive missed something? :confused:

BoristheBiter
26th September 2012, 09:10
Are you sure you work in sales? It's just that you always seem like such a negative cunt.

Then I'm in good company here then.

onearmedbandit
26th September 2012, 09:47

We have a quota system. And the mod with the most infractions handed out every day gets a prize from MT.

Actually we mod's have jobs, families, bikes we want to ride, and very little free time. Just like most other people. But for whatever reason we've accepted the responsibility of helping make the site run smoothly, not for us mind you but for all members, and without pay either. So to maximise the time we have for our normal lives we need to make sure people know where to post, what not to post etc etc etc. Asking nicely doesn't work in a lot of cases, so where it doesn't an infraction gets served.

Mental Trousers
26th September 2012, 13:41
This has to be a "Goodbye KB" thread, surely? :lol:

I wish

You're just looking at them all wrong.

Start collecting them. They take on a whole new meaning.

It's all about perspective. For some people it's the same as a Like on Farcebook

It's a sulky, quivering-bottom-lip moment when somebody refuses to take responsibility for their own actions.

So life in the modern NZ then.

Even I've got an infraction, earned before my ascension. I really did have to try for that one and it took a fair bit of prodding Hitcher with a sharp stick to get it. But once I got it I felt like a proper person, not a leper any longer.

Now, of course, even I can't give myself an infraction let alone anyone else. So when I put something in the wrong place I have to talk very sternly to myself.

BoristheBiter
26th September 2012, 14:06
We have a quota system. And the mod with the most infractions handed out every day gets a prize from MT.

Actually we mod's have jobs, families, bikes we want to ride, and very little free time. Just like most other people. But for whatever reason we've accepted the responsibility of helping make the site run smoothly, not for us mind you but for all members, and without pay either. So to maximise the time we have for our normal lives we need to make sure people know where to post, what not to post etc etc etc. Asking nicely doesn't work in a lot of cases, so where it doesn't an infraction gets served.

:facepalm: just re-read what i posted. I was having a dig at the infractions not what mods do otherwise, but it doesn't sound like that.

But some are very quick to had out infractions rather than just send the post to PD.

oldrider
26th September 2012, 15:57

HTFU, you visit the zoo ... you feed the animals! ... Here at KB the tit bits are for free! .. :corn:

Maha
26th September 2012, 16:00
I really did appreciate the effort Nasty put in on our behalf ... in the interest of our self improvement of course.

Nasty/MT/Jantar/Joni and Hitcher...Joni was such fun...

Virago
26th September 2012, 17:09
Nasty/MT/Janter/Joni and Hitcher...Joni was such fun...

That prick MT gave me an infraction for calling Jantar a bitch, and Hitcher a bastard - apparently I got it the wrong way round...

Jantar
26th September 2012, 17:14
That prick MT gave me an infraction for calling Jantar a bitch, and Hitcher a bastard - apparently I got it the wrong way round...
Hey! I resemble that remark. :Oi:

scumdog
26th September 2012, 17:39

Harden up ya big jessir - look at your sig!

Akzle
26th September 2012, 17:41
...this site can do without me.

i'll play you out: :violin:

scumdog
26th September 2012, 17:41
A heap of them. Most infractions expire after a very short time.

Nime still show from as far back as '07.:confused:

FJRider
26th September 2012, 17:57
Nasty/MT/Janter/Joni and Hitcher...Joni was such fun...

I can't say anything bad about Jantar ... he knows where I live ...

Maha
26th September 2012, 18:00
I can't say anything bad about Jantar ... he knows where I live ...

Its a wonder he didn't infract me for spelling his name wrong...fixed now.
Did you ever see my Freddy and Johnny thread?...most mods at the time got a mention (I think one, at least got it) .. twas alot of fun putting it together one hot afternoon over a few beers.

ducatilover
26th September 2012, 18:04
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk107/t0tAl_mElTd0wN/wambulance_logo.jpg?t=1242067396

Madness
26th September 2012, 18:14
:facepalm: just re-read what i posted. I was having a dig at the infractions not what mods do otherwise, but it doesn't sound like that.

But some are very quick to had out infractions rather than just send the post to PD.

Did somebody wake up all mister grumpy pants this morning? :laugh:

Anyone else noticed how dormant the PD thread is these days? What does this tell us?

FJRider
26th September 2012, 18:24
Its a wonder he didn't infract me for spelling his name wrong...fixed now.
Did you ever see my Freddy and Johnny thread?...most mods at the time got a mention (I think one, at least got it) .. twas alot of fun putting it together one hot afternoon over a few beers.

That's the thing about secrets ... nobody knows them. and if you tell it's no secret. Some mods you need to write them a letter (if you want them to know)

I bet Jantar knew ... :innocent:

Maha
26th September 2012, 18:33
That's the thing about secrets ... nobody knows them. and if you tell it's no secret. Some mods you need to write them a letter (if you want them to know)

I bet Jantar knew ... :innocent:

He posted in the thread...didn't view it as it was intended....it was soon after that infractions were intorduced.

FJRider
26th September 2012, 18:37
He posted in the thread...didn't view it as it was intended....it was soon after that infractions were intorduced.

But I had to say it ... he lives far too bloody close to me ... <_<

Kickaha
26th September 2012, 19:03
That prick MT gave me an infraction

All the mods are pricks, MT is just the biggest

JimO
26th September 2012, 19:09
she has dished out most of mine

bogan
26th September 2012, 19:16
Expired: Profile Infraction Spamming everyone and blaming God 8th March 2009 10:14 moderator

Please tell me that his happens enough that there is actually a term for it, and not just a mods description.

nosebleed
26th September 2012, 20:12
Please tell me that his happens enough that there is actually a term for it, and not just a mods description.

Smiting?
Spiting?

mossy1200
26th September 2012, 20:13

I like that one:girlfight:

Kickaha
26th September 2012, 20:19
I like that one:girlfight:

I thought you were fucking off?

mossy1200
26th September 2012, 20:23
I thought you were fucking off?

I did for 18 odd hours.
Just needed to see if anyone would miss me.

Kickaha
26th September 2012, 20:23

None of us did

mossy1200
26th September 2012, 20:25
None of us did

You tell porkies. You care.

scumdog
26th September 2012, 21:10
she has dished out most of mine
Likewise<_<

Gremlin
26th September 2012, 22:45
Nime still show from as far back as '07.:confused:
They show up, but are not "active". You'll note that they say expired. All infractions have a lifetime, and as said, only spamming is different as it also results in an instant ban (we use to block spammers).

Mental Trousers
26th September 2012, 23:29
I did for 18 odd hours.

Was this a good bye thread??

sinfull
27th September 2012, 07:14
Please tell me that his happens enough that there is actually a term for it, and not just a mods description. No, i come up with that one. When she asked what the hell i was doing spamming every sub forum, i told her god made me do it !

I think the reason i never got booted was cause i was advertising for someone else and if i remember correctly (no i don't) it might have even been a good cause !

Was this a good bye thread?? Nooo Never !!!!
It was a cry me a river thread !

Maha
27th September 2012, 07:28
But I had to say it ... he lives far too bloody close to me ... <_<

Seems that (not ''my'' :baby:) thread has a new Character....'Lurking Shrew'.
.....now for the story line to suit :msn-wink:

Mental Trousers
27th September 2012, 08:42
Nooo Never !!!!
It was a cry me a river thread !

I need to consider a new cry me a river thread rule.

bogan
27th September 2012, 09:38
I need to consider a new cry me a river thread rule.

Could you make a single user listen to a looped track of a baby crying whenever they are logged in? Kind of similar to pink hell...

Virago
27th September 2012, 14:01
Could you make a single user listen to a looped track of a baby crying whenever they are logged in? Kind of similar to pink hell...

MT already has that in place - it's called Moderator training. All incoming Mods have to listen to it for 16 hours straight - not many make it through to the next stage...

mossy1200
27th September 2012, 16:33
I got another one. Ill stand in the corner for a time out.

BoristheBiter
27th September 2012, 16:35
Did somebody wake up all mister grumpy pants this morning? :laugh:

Anyone else noticed how dormant the PD thread is these days? What does this tell us?

I was fine until someone called me names and said i was all negative.:bleh:

onearmedbandit
27th September 2012, 16:47

If I had known you would've taken it so well I would've given you that one for posting in the wrong subforum.

Maha
27th September 2012, 16:48

When you get 25, they become KB currency, you can redeem them for........well fuck all really :confused:

mossy1200
27th September 2012, 16:51
When you get 25, they become KB currency, you can redeem them for........well fuck all really :confused:

So less than 20% of fuck all equals?
Im not even good at being bad.
Money is bad.
Mossy is slightly naughty.

Drew
27th September 2012, 16:58
All the mods are pricks, MT is just the biggestNo, I reckon OAB is at least taller, if not bigger. But size is relative I guess.

Oi Shane, make Big Dave a mod. That sasquatch motha fucka would definately be the biggest.

If I had known you would've taken it so well I would've given you that one for posting in the wrong subforum.
I meant to PM you to say Mossy can take it, so get your buddies together and you can have an infracting party. Damn my feeble mind!

Matt Bleck
27th September 2012, 17:25
Wait till you get infracted for posting titty pics! That shit is just uncalled for! :no:

Mom
27th September 2012, 18:27

Ummmmm, you are being VERY naughty :spanking:

What a big meanie pants :yes:

Wait till you get infracted for posting titty pics! That shit is just uncalled for! :no:

Try getting infracted for taking a thread about orgasms off topic :pinch:

Good times.

Only one I probably deserved was for calling a member a cock :pinch: I thought that was ok as other had called him far, far worse :rofl:

Drew
27th September 2012, 18:38
Stoked, I know how to take a screen shot.

FJRider
27th September 2012, 18:47
Try getting infracted for taking a thread about orgasms off topic :pinch:

Next you'll be telling us ... you get enough of them at home ... :rolleyes:

Maha
27th September 2012, 18:58
Top of the pops....

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/misc.php?do=page&template=forums_stats

FJRider
27th September 2012, 19:02
Top of the pops....

Some of us have a life ... :chase:

Katman
27th September 2012, 21:09

You're shitting me - you have 5 infractions???

Homo.

Drew
27th September 2012, 21:33
You're shitting me - you have 5 infractions???

Homo.it seems, I am a complete cunt...within the rules.

scumdog
28th September 2012, 06:39
Top of the pops....

No suprises there...<_<

ducatilover
29th September 2012, 11:28
You're a racist?

:shifty:

Akzle
6th October 2012, 04:53
Top of the pops....

i don't make it on to ANY of those lists.:confused::no:
my ego hurts.

Drew
6th October 2012, 06:56
my ego hurts.

Whitetrash used to top three of those lists. Most posts, most positive rep, and biggest cocksucker.

scumdog
6th October 2012, 10:43
my ego hurts.

Maybe it's because nobody cares about you...<_<

Virago
6th October 2012, 11:36

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DbCI68eSNsA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bogan
6th October 2012, 12:30

Green means Go... straight to next post :p

Akzle
6th October 2012, 19:28
Green means Go... straight to next post :p
(me again :D)<_<

. .

CookMySock
6th October 2012, 19:40
Erm, infractions dont actually DO anything to you. Can safely ignore! Many other things fit this category.

Road kill
6th October 2012, 21:05
I get em' now an then,,only issue I have is that their usually for something dumb I did rather than something shitty I said.

Doesn't do much for the ego when all ya' can get pinged for is being stupid.:facepalm:

mossy1200
6th October 2012, 21:09
I get em' now an then,,only issue I have is that their usually for something dumb I did rather than something shitty I said.

Doesn't do much for the ego when all ya' can get pinged for is being stupid.:facepalm:

Originally Posted by jellywrestler

nevertheless you still included the price they paid for it. Why would one do that? especially when they were the underbidder.
Either you were trying to jeopardise them trying to turn a buck or you're stupid, you pick which it is...

answer
Ill pick stupid then.

Its been indicated that this is my issue.

Cant quote Jelly now as hes blocked me now

husaberg
6th October 2012, 21:16
Ok i will bite. So how can a pointless drivel thread be taken off topic? isn't pointless drivel topic-less?
Also these infractions, why don't i have any? or do i and i don't know where to look for them?

mossy1200
6th October 2012, 21:19
Ok i will bite. So how can a pointless drivel thread be taken off topic? isn't pointless drivel topic-less?
Also these infractions, why don't i have any? or do i and i don't know where to look for them?

It starts by getting all excited when you see that you have mail in Notifications.
You begin to believe that you have made a new friend or that someone likes you.

BUT

When you open the mail you find out that a moderator is spanking you for being stupid.

Its in your stats area beside your rep.

bogan
6th October 2012, 21:25

Just post really large embedded pictures and you'll get heaps...

bogan
6th October 2012, 21:26

They also don't like you quoting posts without bothering to remove the embedded media...

... now I just play the waiting game :yawn:

mossy1200
6th October 2012, 21:28

Quoting the picture is the one that gets me.
Normally I do it when I have had a few drinks and dont realise I have done it.

Bet they get me before you Bogan
You will get 2 points and I will get 4 on this one.

mossy1200
6th October 2012, 21:30
I think when you see 1 more member than is shown in the viewers list that they are onto you.

husaberg
6th October 2012, 21:30
So if i posted a series of pics of my lady er...from last night.That could get me one of those infractions

98tls
6th October 2012, 21:32

Infract my arse.

mossy1200
6th October 2012, 21:42
I have a question

All the thread replies are now centralising themselves.

Is this the first sign that you are in trouble?

Maybe a bot has seen the bad stuff and has notified the enforcers.

bogan
6th October 2012, 21:43
So if i posted a series of pics of my lady er...from last night.That could get me one of those infractions

You know they have porn on the internet right? You don't have to beat off to pics/gifs of clothed (albeit hot) woman.

mossy1200
6th October 2012, 21:58
Im not playing this game anymore.

I had more infractions on the infraction thread than I had in the 4 years prior.

Im really sorry moderators.
:shit:

scumdog
6th October 2012, 22:02
Im not playing this game anymore.

I had more infractions on the infraction thread than I had in the 4 years prior.

Im really sorry moderators.
:shit:

You've been drinking, haven't you?

Otherwise they'd have biffed your posts into PD.

husaberg
6th October 2012, 22:10
I have a question

All the thread replies are now centralising themselves.

Is this the first sign that you are in trouble?

Maybe a bot has seen the bad stuff and has notified the enforcers.

That was my fault it seems to happen when you reply to a post which has cenralised pics

You know they have porn on the internet right? You don't have to beat off to pics/gifs of clothed (albeit hot) woman.

Funny thing is i was given a series of infractions for posting the PG rated pics of the clothed women.

the thing that gets me is their avatar has less clothing than anything i posted?
Maybe the Mod would like to indicate to me which picture should have been censored i bet they can't.....

mossy1200
6th October 2012, 22:10
You've been drinking, haven't you?

Otherwise they'd have biffed your posts into PD.

Yes but its ok im not driving home as im already at home.
Last time I was drinking I quit KB for 17 hours.
I came back when the hangover went away though.

Drew
7th October 2012, 08:08
Yes but its ok im not driving home as im already at home.
Last time I was drinking I quit KB for 17 hours.
I came back when the hangover went away though.

Much to the dissappointment of jellywrestler.

bogan
7th October 2012, 08:20

I got 12 points at 10:46, did I win?

Also, do the 'infracted your ass' red tag things on show up on your own posts? Cos I can't see mossy's, these should be a public badge of shame/honor I think.

Maha
7th October 2012, 08:27
Funny thing is i was given a series of infractions for posting the PG rated pics of the clothed women.

the thing that gets me is their avatar has less clothing than anything i posted?
Maybe the Mod would like to indicate to me which picture should have been censored i bet they can't.....

:laugh:...love the way it ends with...All the best, Kiwibiker Forums...

Translation...no hard feelings there boss, please don't hate me, I am only doing my 'psuedo' job.

PrincessBandit
7th October 2012, 08:36
My infractions make me smile. It makes me feel that someone went out of their way to make contact with me, ............. :love:
Yes, it's cos we luffs you.

All the mods are pricks,
Don't have one of them...

...Here at KB the tit bits are for free! .. :corn:
Do have them and they most certainly are not free!

Smiting?
Spiting?
Purging. Like a dose of salts

Seems that (not ''my'' :baby:) thread has a new Character....'Lurking Shrew'.
I feel a new smilie coming on...(or might that be Flame Warrior - now there's a thought...) :shutup:

Owl
7th October 2012, 09:12
I got one in 2008:cry:

But I think I'm ok now?:blink:

bogan
7th October 2012, 09:21
I got one in 2008:cry:

But I think I'm ok now?:blink:

Three last night :shit:

Far from the worst thing I woken up to on a Sunday morning though :shutup:

Maha
10th October 2012, 15:29
Can you be infracted for 'persistently posting in a thread'? Some How Rightfully Evoking Wisdom?

bogan
10th October 2012, 16:00
Can you be infracted for 'persistenly posting in a thread'? Some how rightfully evoking wisdom?

In my experience persistent posting is often the sign of a lack of wisdom...

or an inability to use the multi-quote button, which amounts to the same thing really.

Maha
10th October 2012, 16:31
In my experience persistent posting is often the sign of a lack of wisdom...

or an inability to use the multi-quote button, which amounts to the same thing really.

Stop talking sense....:confused:

Just testing 1 2 3.....:laugh:

rastuscat
6th January 2013, 13:29
Keep an eye out for this!

What did yopu post Dave? Gremlin removed it, it must have been against the rules.

FJRider
6th January 2013, 14:03
What did yopu post Dave? Gremlin removed it, it must have been against the rules.

A pic you posted of you (???) with the laser ..

Racing Dave
6th January 2013, 14:48
All I included with the last part of your message (which is still there) was a photo of RC holding a laser. The message from Gremlin was that quoting embedded media is against the rules, but despite me reading a thread he gave as a link, I can't actually see what was wrong.

Never mind.

FJRider
6th January 2013, 14:54
All I included with the last part of your message (which is still there) was a photo of RC holding a laser. The message from Gremlin was that quoting embedded media is against the rules, but despite me reading a thread he gave as a link, I can't actually see what was wrong.

Never mind.

It's an attempt to get a reduction in wasted space by quoted pics. Site rules and all that. Did he give you an infringement too .. ???

Jantar
6th January 2013, 15:02

Never mind.

From the site rules which is a sticky thread in the Site Stuff forum.

Quoting Embedded Images/Media
Quoting posts with embedded images/media is also a big no-no. When replying to posts containing embedded images/media remove the image/media from your quote.

It seems quite clear to me that when you quote a post that you remove the link to embedded content before posting it.

dangerous
6th January 2013, 15:38
Never mind.hence why I cranked this thread to stir
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/154096-WTF-has-gremlin-got-up-his-arse me thinks the guy needs to go for a ride, get a life or some shit*

*I do however relise at the end of every month the site is near its limit of band stuff and this costs our boss spankme but honestly with the profile warning infringment shit or what ever it is ya get slaped with ya think a p/m with an explernation would be a bit nicer way of informing us how it is

From the site rules which is a sticky thread in the Site Stuff forum.
It seems quite clear to me that when you quote a post that you remove the link to embedded content before posting it.

yeah but as I said to you at the KB rally... it never used to be like that, embeded whach ya me call its never happened and I usually do delet a pic but the time I was arse taned was a over site...

Kickaha
6th January 2013, 18:47
it never used to be like that
Yes it did

dangerous
6th January 2013, 19:18
Yes it didI'm fucking sure when you quoted a post with a attachment... the attachment never transfered with the quote...

Jantar
6th January 2013, 19:21
I'm fucking sure when you quoted a post with a attachment... the attachment never transfered with the quote...
Attachments do not transfer with the quote as they are simply referenced. Embeded content does transfer with the quote as it is part of the post. That is why thumbnails are better than embedded as they do not transfer with the quote.

scumdog
6th January 2013, 19:43
Attachments do not transfer with the quote as they are simply referenced. Embeded content does transfer with the quote as it is part of the post. That is why thumbnails are better than embedded as they do not transfer with the quote.

No wonder I got caught out.

Once.

dangerous
6th January 2013, 19:49
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh... right think I got ya, in the old days when you added a attachment in only ever showed up in a thumnail in a seperate box under the post right? where as today I have noticed some times the attachment is like that other times it is in line with the wording, still thumnail size tho... yeah? and thats where the problem is... I think :sweatdrop

SOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo... take away that choice and set it up like it was and DA DAAAAAAAAA no more bad bad double imbedding bastards...

schrodingers cat
6th January 2013, 19:56
Leave poor Gremlin alone. He'd have no purpose in life without the imbedded media crusade.

Gremlin
6th January 2013, 23:26
Leave poor Gremlin alone. He'd have no purpose in life without the imbedded media crusade.
pfft, there's plenty of other rules, it's just that this one is the one people keep breaking.

See how I removed his image... it ain't that hard ;)

schrodingers cat
7th January 2013, 06:31

10 characters

Dave-
7th January 2013, 15:19
*I do however relise at the end of every month the site is near its limit of band stuff and this costs our boss spankme but honestly with the profile warning infringment shit or what ever it is ya get slaped with ya think a p/m with an explernation would be a bit nicer way of informing us how it is

It should be stored in a cache (temporary storage bin) which is on your computer so when you view the same image twice within say roughly 5 days rather than download it again using band stuff and costing kb money, it just pulls it out of the cache on your computer which costs no one any extra money.

If they're going to get fussy on bandwidth limiting they could/should stop the emoticons from coming up EVERY SINGLE TIME you reply to a thread and get rid of the adverts cause for all the clicks the adverts have got from me, the additional bandwidth to apparently "re-download" would have cost more in bandwidth than what they'd get paid.

Unless for some reason the cache system doesn't work for posts, but does for almost every single other image on the internet.

FJRider
7th January 2013, 15:32
pfft, there's plenty of other rules, it's just that this one is the one people keep breaking.

But the other rules aren't as easy to break ... :pinch:

schrodingers cat
7th January 2013, 16:28
Another forum I play on hammers the 'attack the post, not the poster' rule.
Maybe they could introduce that rule here...:eek5:

slofox
7th January 2013, 17:27
First time I got pinged for leaving an embedded image in a quote, I wasn't sure whether it would come through or not. It did. So I came back to remove it. In the few minutes it took to fix the problem, I had been whacked. Somebody must have been looking very hard to see those couple of minutes before correction...eh Hitch? :whistle:

Zedder
7th January 2013, 17:30
Infraction, funny little word that. I'd never heard of the damn thing before Kiwi Biker, I've obviously lived a very sheltered life then.

The word infringement is way better I think. It has a certain class to it, more meaning or depth I suppose...

Big Dave
9th January 2013, 12:19
Repeated images are read from the local browser cache aren't they?
Only a few bytes of bandwidth.

Dave-
9th January 2013, 16:29
Repeated images are read from the local browser cache aren't they?
Only a few bytes of bandwidth.

Pretty much.

Gremlin
9th January 2013, 17:46
You're also forgetting the mess it creates if there are multiple images that are quoted, and you have to scroll through images multiple times.

It's also considered good etiquette not to quote entire posts if they are long, if there is no reason.

Dave-
10th January 2013, 08:26
You're also forgetting the mess it creates if there are multiple images that are quoted, and you have to scroll through images multiple times.

It's also considered good etiquette not to quote entire posts if they are long, if there is no reason.

Oh fuckin' no! you mean you might have to scroll 5 clicks further?

My heart bleeds for you.

Stirts
10th January 2013, 10:35

My heart bleeds for you.

You scroll by clicks?

My finger bleeds for you.

:bleh:

Madness
10th January 2013, 10:37
I wish somebody would think of the children in all of this.

Stirts
10th January 2013, 10:41

Jimmy Savile has done enough of that for all of us.

Zedder
10th January 2013, 10:45

Yes, after all they are the future. What legacy are we leaving them if this sort of situation continues. Cue song "Greatest love of all"...

Big Dave
10th January 2013, 16:50
I agree about bad netiquette etc.
Just sayin' it's not really a bandwith tissue.

Big Dave
10th January 2013, 17:00
Infraction, funny little word that. I'd never heard of the damn thing before Kiwi Biker, I've obviously lived a very sheltered life then.

The word infringement is way better I think. It has a certain class to it, more meaning or depth I suppose...

Violation has more drama.

Infraction is a term used in some sports rule books.

The three are interchangeable in Dave world. Depends mainly on context.

Dave-
10th January 2013, 17:32
You scroll by clicks?

My finger bleeds for you.

:bleh:

No but my scroll wheel clicks.

Or if I'm on my tablet it's just another little flick to get passed quoted images.

SMOKEU
13th January 2013, 19:01
I have no complaints about the mods at all. I've been banned and severely reprimanded on several other forums for trivial matters such as expressing my views on white supremacy, anti antisemitism and illegal file sharing, while here it's pretty much all good. The good folks at www.cbr250.com even banned my IP address from their website (although I could still troll on there by using a VPN, seriously, just sign up and change your display pic to a swastika and you'll get so much lulz).

Dave-
13th January 2013, 22:51
I've been banned and severely reprimanded on several other forums for trivial matters such as expressing my views on white supremacy, anti antisemitism and illegal file sharing, while here it's pretty much all good.

And what are those views?

SMOKEU
14th January 2013, 06:30
And what are those views?

Depends how much I feel like trolling.

Voltaire
6th July 2013, 08:49

My heart bleeds for you.

ahhhh this explains the message I got the other day....:laugh:

You have received a warning at Kiwi Biker forums

Dear Voltaire,

You have received a warning at Kiwi Biker forums.

Reason:
-------

Hi there,

Please be aware that quoting embedded media is not permitted, re your post below.

Please refer to this thread if you require more detail (same rules for Images and Video): http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...mbedded-images

Thanks,

Moderator Team
-------

I must try this approach at work.... way better than " Did you know that reposting images in not really good because it wears out peoples mice scrolling?"