Fuel Capacity (L): 14
Dry Weight (kg): 173
Power Output (kW): 18
Cost (NZD): $6,499.00
Available at:
Motorcycle Replacements
9 Crawford Street
Dunedin

Today I got to borrow this neat little bike so I thought I would do a little review on my first impressions,
At first glance it’s easy to see where the designers got their inspiration from for the Wolf as the bike has a similar appearance to some of the latest mid-sized offerings from Japan, It would be in my opinion a near perfect platform for any learner rider wanting a modern looking 250 that is complimented with its sleek and stylish lines.

The Wolf 250 is light and manoeuvrable yet, thanks to a relatively low centre of gravity, it feels very solid on the road. The upright riding position and slim chassis means the Wolf fits a wide range of riders and with the footrests and handlebars set to a mid position it provides a nice compromise between handling and comfort, I was surprised to find out just earlier that the bike had a dry weight of 173Kg yet it felt incredibly light.

The Wolf 250 is built in Taiwan, but don't give it a bad stigma! With a braided front brake line accompanied with a 2 piston radial mounted from brake caliper, the Wolf 250 stops on a dime, and its incredibly responsive. The bike boasts all the latest bells and whistles from fuel injection to a flash and tidy LCD digital dash units normally only seen on bigger bikes, such as a gear position indicator, clock and fuel gauge. Revs are shown on a big analogue tachometer, while speed is shown as a large digital read out, I'm not sure if it is common on alot of new bikes but the Wolf 250 also had an indicator 'clicker' that could be heard over the motor, so no chance of leaving that pesky indicator on.

My Positives:

Tidy "Big Bike" Look
Very well thought out design
Great learning platform for anyone
Incredibly comfortable to ride.
Usable mirrors

My Negatives:

With the Lams law coming into change I would see the price as been steep, but this is a personal opinion, as not everyone wants to start on a big bike right away, and it is still money well spent.
The side stand seemed a bit on the long side, would just require attention when parking on hills/slopes
Maybe a bit of a stiffening up of the rear shock, but once again that comes down to the rider.

Overall I wouldn't think twice about recommending this, Its a tidy package with the looks that go with it, giving it that big bike stigma,
And if I were to go back and start my licensing from scratch this would be my pick