View Full Version : NEW BIKE 1979 DT175 MX AND BODY ARMOR

mud boy
7th August 2005, 19:40
NEW BIKE 1979 DT175 MX AND BODY :shit: ARMOR :eek5: :eek5: :yeah:
MY DAD GOT ME A NEW BIKE...

WELL IT IS A dt175 1979

and "MYVICE " sent me some body armor!!!!! FREE

rep points to that man!!

MY dad told me that when i grow out of it i have to pass them on...i think that is fair enough!

it is tooooo wet out side at the moment to get a photo of the beast, but
my dad and i are going to find out why it has no spark, he thinks that he may have to take it to a shop..OH O..$$$$$$

but hopfully we can fix it ourselves..

today we took off the tank and the seat, and the air filter cover....no air filter

we took out the battery.. seams ok, hopefully Babyb may have a battery tester ..... :whistle:

dad was going to take the flywheel off, but he didn't have the right puller for the job.... need the right puller

then he thought.... maybe it has a CDI unit, and no points... not sure what he ment... (don't think he knew iether..lol)

he showed me the oil pump ( wow....yawn)
showed me the oil tank...MT!!!! need oil

hopefully we will get to the bottom of the no spark thingy and we will be AWAY!!!!!!!! :ride:

mud boy

NordieBoy
7th August 2005, 21:02
Search out the local Calssic MX guys and go racing!

:D

Wellyman
8th August 2005, 02:06
Dump the oil pump and do premix, or if you keep the oil pump fill her up with Motul (the good oil brand). and we will have to see some pics. if you want to race as nordy said find a local classic mx club and signup and have fun!
see ya out there!
WM

Motu
8th August 2005, 08:54
Congradulations on the new weapon - what colour....or is it VTH matt black? The DT175 was a good bike,and is still made today with practicaly no changes,so parts aren't going to be a problem for you.The Yamaha oil pump was a bit finiky,they work well when they work well,but if it gives an ounce of trouble dump it - make a plate to cover the hole on the case and plug the oil feed hole in the intake manifold,you'll get a lighter throttle too.

No spark eh? They are CDI with CDI charge coil and trigger coil on the stator along with the lighting coils,you don't need a battery for them to run.I've had trouble with the ign on these things,they won't advance the ign timming and the bike stops dead at 4500rpm,won't rev any higher.You need to get a multimeter and check all the inputs and out puts - like is the ign coil getting a signal,is the CDI unit getting a charge,is it getting triggered - it's simple really,but if you don't know how it works it can get confusing.