PDA

View Full Version : Plastex????

FullThrottle
4th January 2004, 09:29
Does anyone know Plastex?? It's an australian plastic repairing kit. I heard that this stuff is very good for repairing cracks in fairings. Has anyone used it before or does anyone know where I could get it in New Zealand and how much they are?

Link to the Plastex web site;
http://plastex.home.att.net/

Happy New Year!!

jrandom
5th January 2004, 14:49
eh?

wot's wrong with gaffer tape then?

bloody poncy Aussie so-called 'plastic repairing' crap. Wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot barge pole. They're out to get us you know.

<_<

wkid_one
5th January 2004, 18:00
Chat to KK - HE will be able to help you fix some cracks in your fairing.....no problems and no cost

DEATH_INC.
13th January 2004, 18:27
I've used it;it's ok for non-load bearing stuff but no good on anything that has to hold anything too hard.My mate in aus repaired his FZR fairing and it's held up ok.
I think Mike at mt eden motorcycles has it over here(I got mine at a stand at the GP in Aus last year...)

FullThrottle
18th February 2004, 14:42
I have bought the Plastex from bike shop in Mt. Eden(Thanks, DEATH INC.!) Standard kit cost me $68 including GST. Actually the guy gave me a discount coz he ordered me a wrong one(bigger one). I think the kit is big enough to do many fairing repairs or plastic moulding jobs.
I worked on the cracked and broken front fairing with it. Well, it wasn't as dead easy as I thought. But after 3 hours of hard? work, I could stick the pieces together pretty well. It has been more than 3 weeks now and it's still holding the pieces quite well. Try them if you are thinking of doing DIY fairing repair.

Motoracer
18th February 2004, 15:07
I am totally hooked on Plastic welding. Its simpely the best fix and its almost like art cause your kinda sculpting the bits while you are joining them together. It can be as good as new when done properly.

Maybe its the fumes I am addicted to mmmmmh