PDA

View Full Version : Help!! My FXR150 won't start......

timvenom
8th August 2005, 03:48
I haven't been on my bike for about a month now. got on it the other day wanting to go out for a blat but the thing won't start......

now i tried using electric start, kick starting it..... it just won't start....

at first i thought it was flooded so i just kept going....(starting it i mean)
i found a screw connected to the carb, which i figured out as a drain pipe of some sort... .but its still not starting.......

was wondering if theres something i'm doing wrong....... or if theres anything to do to help start the damn thing.

Waylander
8th August 2005, 05:41
That screw controls the air/fuel mix or idle speed not sure wich or if it's both. If it was flooded the only thing to fix that is leave it sit for a bit. But that wouldn't explain why it wouldn't start in the first place. Check you battery, it may have gone flat after a while of non use. Probably a bad connection or something.

Racey Rider
8th August 2005, 08:27
So it's turning over, but not firering up?

If you flooded it, you should be able to smell the petrol comeing out as fumes.
Ether leave bike to "dry out" on it's own for a hour or more,, or hold throttle fully open as your trying to start it. This allows a full dose of air into the motor and helps corrext the Flooding problem. Can help to crash start it down a hill too. But you run the risk of getting stuck at the bottom if it dosen't work.

Another option would be the shut off valve has jamed in the carb through lack of use which then won't allow any fuel to flow through. Give the carb a light tap with hammer to try and dislodge it.

Let us know if that doesn't work and we'll come up with some other things to check.
Racey

timvenom
8th August 2005, 16:43
ok, after draining the battery and recharging it for like 3-4times....... it started!!! YEAH!!!!

so sorry for leaving a short message...... going out for a ride :ride:

thanks all :ride:

Waylander
8th August 2005, 16:44
ok, after draining the battery and recharging it for like 3-4times....... it started!!! YEAH!!!!

so sorry for leaving a short message...... going out for a ride :ride:

thanks all :ride:
Enjoy it mate, glad you got it started.

TonyB
8th August 2005, 16:46
Curses! I was going to recommend that it was clearly stuffed and you should give it to me for a bucket racer.

Glad to see it's going- and welcome to KB

Bren_chch
8th August 2005, 17:45
Curses! I was going to recommend that it was clearly stuffed and you should give it to me for a bucket racer.

Glad to see it's going- and welcome to KB

Yeah... no need to bore that one out aye Tony? ;)