PDA

View Full Version : KDX 200 - Any ideas?

ButcherToolz
8th August 2005, 12:48
Hi all,

I have a KDX200 86 and I've read if I fit a new "FMF" muffler the performance should increase by 20-30% ??

Is this true? Also, where would a good place be to find one of these mufflers without having a dealer slap on $200 in New Zealand?

Cheers

**R1**
8th August 2005, 12:57
If you did the chamber you should see good increase, but not much from just the muffler.

F5 Dave
8th August 2005, 13:01
no it's not true. Maybe they are talking about the whole pipe, but even so.

Best bet is save your money for a newer bike. If that isn't an option then clean the pipe out, repack the muffler. Clean airfilter. Check the powervalves are not broken (common). Grease the rear linkage & those bearings are likely duff.

Buy some new tires.

Here's a tip someone I know had a aircooled 200. They come with a Mikuni carb & the needlejet wears oval on them. Replacing that should help a bunch. The later modeals had Keihens & they worn the slide & boy they are expensive for what you get. (Had an 91 till recently).

Wellyman
8th August 2005, 23:02
Try a Bills Pipe and FMF silencer my dad this on a KDX220 and it was a great combo for all round good power.

laRIKin
9th August 2005, 20:00
Hi all,

I have a KDX200 86 and I've read if I fit a new "FMF" muffler the performance should increase by 20-30% ??

Is this true? Also, where would a good place be to find one of these mufflers without having a dealer slap on $200 in New Zealand?

Cheers

If I was to buy a KDX200 I would put a after market system on like the FMF.
You will have to change the whole system and you will get more power.
But don't think you will get 20-30%, but you will be happy with the gain
that you do get.
When I was thinking of buy a KDX every one that I talked to said that,
the best thing to do was change the pipe to get better power all round.
As for the price, speed costs. How fast do you want to go $$$$.