PDA

View Full Version : Thanks all 2

Lou Girardin
4th January 2004, 13:29
Thanks for all the messages of support when I was made redundant, much appreciated.
The news is that I have a new job, selling engine diagnostic systems for Petroject Ltd. (They don't do gear for most bikes unfortunately, just Hardleys)
I start on the 12th, so there's some good riding days left.
We couldn't resist the $1000 PC deals and bought one, so now I can chat from home.
It good to be back. :niceone:
Lou

Firefight
4th January 2004, 14:12
Thanks for all the messages of support when I was made redundant, much appreciated.
The news is that I have a new job, selling engine diagnostic systems for Petroject Ltd. (They don't do gear for most bikes unfortunately, just Hardleys)
I start on the 12th, so there's some good riding days left.
We couldn't resist the $1000 PC deals and bought one, so now I can chat from home.
It good to be back. :niceone:
Lou

Great News Lou, nice way to start the new year :niceone:

firefight

Al
4th January 2004, 14:44
Hey, good on ya mate!
Congrats on the job Lou.... Hope your year gets better and better!
:banana:

What?
4th January 2004, 19:18
Welcome back Lou. You don't seem to post quite so much in the Herald...
Can you sell diagnostic systems from the bike? or are you trapped in a car. Or a van :sick:

Lou Girardin
5th January 2004, 06:35
It was the lack of a PC that slowed me up. I'll have a company cage to drive, a mega-power Primera. It gives me a chance to scout out good bike roads though.
Lou

750Y
5th January 2004, 08:13
congrats Lou.

James Deuce
5th January 2004, 08:16
Good news indeed Lou.

Have fun in the new job.

Dave
5th January 2004, 08:29
Hi Lou,

Great news for you!
I met you a couple of times at Mongoose- I'm Dave from Kiwi Mobile Mechanics. I know that your old boss can be none to reasonable.
We use Petroject for all our EFI fuel pumps and have had a great deal of help from them over the years-really good guys to deal with.I hope it goes well for you.

Dave

Motu
5th January 2004, 08:52
Maybe we'll meet when you come in trying to sell me stuff I don't want or need :lol:

Back in 2000 when I needed ''something'' to get to grips with the modern car I had a lot of info digest.We had all got ''big box'' scopes in the early 90s,but by now were no longer useful - I was looking at handheld DSOs.I had a look at a few and had nearly made a decision when I got Lawrence to come and show me the Fluke 98,he was great - after looking at all this baffling stuff,not even knowing what they could do...and neither could the bloody reps! Lawrence knew the Fluke 98 inside out,handed it to me,let me use it - sold,just on his knowledge of how to use it and the support he could offer.Unfortunatly the Fluke 98 was out of production 2 months later,something none of us could foresee - I was the first to tell them about that,they didn't beleive me at first.

The learning curve was very steep for awhile - I was loving this,but reached a platea last year or so.I got a low amp probe and current ramp coils and fuel pumps,I made my own vacuum probe to look at intake pulses,I crank this thing down to 10us and look at rotor gaps,a real power house.It doesn't come out much these days - I know a lot more now and am able to diagnose on my feet,I also picked up a Snap On Vantage,this is my first tool to pick up,then the 98 comes out if I need further insights.

Things have moved on again and there is more stuff out there,as you will be finding out - but if you know what you are looking at and where to find it,a DSO is all you basicly need,the Vantage is a graghing digital multimeter,also very handy.I'm not sure where I'll go next with this stuff,but most likely a PC or laptop based DSO (I'm making a Jayco one to use the soundcard at the moment to see what I think) I've learned a hell of a lot more theory and now am converted to ''dominant gap'' for ignition.

I hope you enjoy it at Petroject,I'm not sure whose there these days,but Lawrence and Paul know so much - if you ring up for a part they will help diagnose over the phone...and maybe even end up buying something different then you thought! Good luck.

Lou Girardin
5th January 2004, 10:52
I've heard that it's a good outfit, I'm going to have a steep learning curve for sure.
The first thing I'll be selling is an air tool to fit CV boots without dismantling the joint, I would've given my left nut for that when I was in the trade.