PDA

View Full Version : My very nice 1981 YZ465 is being given away for a song!

Crasherfromwayback
9th October 2012, 18:59
$1.00 reserve people. Don't fuck around...come and join in with the VMX madness!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=521815567

Oscar
9th October 2012, 20:02
Ouch.

The scar on my torn calf muscle stared throbbing when I saw that pic.
Kick starter tried to cripple me...:(

Crasherfromwayback
9th October 2012, 20:11
Ouch.

The scar on my torn calf muscle stared throbbing when I saw that pic.
Kick starter tried to cripple me...:(

I know you want it Oscar!

This has arrived...and I need to pay for it.

DEATH_INC.
9th October 2012, 20:40
I know you want it Oscar!

This has arrived...and I need to pay for it.

You sick bastard. How the hell did you get your hands on one of those??? :love:

Crasherfromwayback
9th October 2012, 21:01
You sick bastard. How the hell did you get your hands on one of those??? :love:

I'm an Ebay trawler. Not like me to have such luck...normally only read about it. But as I said to Rach (as she was telling me off down the phone)...you generally get one, and only one chance to own a genuine factory works bike. Do whatever you have to do to own it if you can. So I did. And I'll be broke for a long time. But I'm stoked.

malcy25
9th October 2012, 21:13
I hope the SR is going in the same place. me and most of my mates are trying to con the big TZ into the foyer.....

Crasherfromwayback
9th October 2012, 21:24
I hope the SR is going in the same place. me and most of my mates are trying to con the big TZ into the foyer.....

lol. The SR is indeed going into it's place. BUT...once gone through 100%...I WILL race the SR every now and then. Can't not.

DEATH_INC.
9th October 2012, 21:28
I'm an Ebay trawler. Not like me to have such luck...normally only read about it. But as I said to Rach (as she was telling me off down the phone)...you generally get one, and only one chance to own a genuine factory works bike. Do whatever you have to do to own it if you can. So I did. And I'll be broke for a long time. But I'm stoked.
I'll bet you are. I may even have to venture down one weekend when you're racing it to see it in action. :niceone:

Crasherfromwayback
9th October 2012, 21:35
I'll bet you are. I may even have to venture down one weekend when you're racing it to see it in action. :niceone:

Come and ride the thing.

DEATH_INC.
9th October 2012, 21:59
Come and ride the thing.
Love to, but I'd be too scared of busting something (probably me :laugh: )
Who rode that one?

Crasherfromwayback
9th October 2012, 22:09
Love to, but I'd be too scared of busting something (probably me :laugh: )
Who rode that one?

Nah. It's only a machine.

Kent Howerton. So the story goes. His race number in the open class was 26...hence the stamping on the neck.

DEATH_INC.
10th October 2012, 07:11

Kent Howerton. So the story goes. His race number in the open class was 26...hence the stamping on the neck.

Cool, 2nd in the 500's behind Brock on the Yammie that year...

Have a look at this thread (and the link) if ya haven't already...
http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Kent-Howerton-Interview,1216182

Crasherfromwayback
10th October 2012, 07:27
Cool, 2nd in the 500's behind Brock on the Yammie that year...

Have a look at this thread (and the link) if ya haven't already...
http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Kent-Howerton-Interview,1216182

Yeah seen that. Cheers.

F5 Dave
11th October 2012, 16:25
I'm just surprised you have what appears to be, unopened bottles of wine in the pantry.

Good score though. I'd hate to think what it cost to outbid the A'mercans for that. Probably a lot of grumbling about rich overseas buyers snatching it away. Can you sleep with that? Actually I'll rephrase that:rolleyes:. . . and then I saw the big holes in the airbox.

Crasherfromwayback
11th October 2012, 17:58
I'm just surprised you have what appears to be, unopened bottles of wine in the pantry.

Good score though. I'd hate to think what it cost to outbid the A'mercans for that. Probably a lot of grumbling about rich overseas buyers snatching it away. Can you sleep with that? Actually I'll rephrase that:rolleyes:. . . and then I saw the big holes in the airbox.

lol. Bro...me? Unopened wine? No way. All the sizes of Champagne avail bar the last one. Rach has the 12L to knock off for when she gets home...then just the 15L to go. And the SR cost me a lot less than it should've. I'm far from rich. I had to borrow every cent I paid for it! But I simply HAD to have it. I figure you get one and only one chance to own such a bike.

F5 Dave
11th October 2012, 21:39
Yeah I know I was being farseafish, I mean forceeshish, no wait, I'll get it soon.

Crasherfromwayback
11th October 2012, 22:28
Yeah I know I was being farseafish, I mean forceeshish, no wait, I'll get it soon.

I know mate. This time! :baby: A man like you would appreciate the work gone into it I'm sure.

Boo
12th October 2012, 06:15
Nice bike man, I agree, you don't get the chance to purchaes a factory bike often. Was import taxes much. If you got to pay it off for awhile you still have something thats a one off. Any others here?. Nice to know some of the goodies on it. Definity need a feature on it when you get time.

F5 Dave
12th October 2012, 06:27
I just have to say. You are one Jammy bastd.

See if you can scoop Lackys 5hundy. I'll look under the couch.

malcy25
23rd October 2012, 19:14
$2740, what a steal!

hayd3n
23rd October 2012, 19:20

is that a repair i see on the bottom of the yoke?

Crasherfromwayback
23rd October 2012, 19:22
is that a repair i see on the bottom of the yoke?

On the frame its self yes. The yokes no. Quite keen to get that cleaned up to the std of the factory welds at some stage.

Crasherfromwayback
23rd October 2012, 19:23
$2740, what a steal!

Well that's obviously all it's worth right now! That's how it goes sometimes! I stole the SR...so can't really complain! :msn-wink: