PDA

View Full Version : The other Brittan book

Lou Girardin
4th January 2004, 16:04
I've just finished Tim Hanna's biography of John Brittan. This is the unauthorised version and I can see why. It's warts and all, he didn't seem to be the backyard genious that PR made him out to be, but that doesn't detract from his achievements. Just puts them in perspective and gives a bit more credit to his team. Well worth reading.
Lou

Hitcher
6th January 2004, 10:17
There are two Britten books. Read the Hanna one if you want the techno gumph on the development of the Britten bike. The Felicity Price one is the "Britten family approved" version and has the better photos and anecdotes. An amazing story, irrespective of how it's told.
:niceone:

k14
6th January 2004, 10:47
Yeah, totally agree with you Lou. It kinda takes the shine of his achievments, from my perspective. But it also gives a good idea of what he did and sacraficed to get the bike up to the level it was.

Wonder how it would compare to the current WSB or Motogp bikes. Probably get smoked, but i think it is lighter.

boris
6th January 2004, 12:41
got the Price book for xmas,good pictures and story. Now added to the hailwood book and the Joey dunlop book both these have very good pictures but never finnished reading them.

Boris

Lou Girardin
6th January 2004, 16:08
It seems that if it had another 5-8 years developement, it would be cleaning up current superbikes. But most riders said that it needed a well set up tele fork front end, no-one liked the girders.
Lou