PDA

View Full Version : Tazers

scumdog
8th August 2005, 18:37
I see NZ Police are getting Tazers - and already Amnesty International is bitching about them :mad:

Just give me an extra mag for the Glock - then at least when I shoot and the bad guy dies I don't have to worry "whoops, THAT wasn't meant to happen" :whistle:

myvice
8th August 2005, 18:49
Shocking! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Hmmm, cops with guns...
BANG BANG BANG... Stop or I'll shoot!

White trash
8th August 2005, 18:54
Just give me an extra mag for the Glock - then at least when I shoot and the bad guy dies I don't have to worry "whoops, THAT wasn't meant to happen" :whistle:

Don't forget to fire a "warning" round into the ceiling afterwards :whistle:

We know the same people mate......................

Hitcher
8th August 2005, 19:25
I presume the police will only use these stun-gunnie-things on persons resisting arrest or who are acting in a threatening manner?

"Will you come quietly, or will I be forced to use earmuffs?"

NordieBoy
8th August 2005, 19:28
Don't forget to fire a "warning" round into the ceiling afterwards :whistle:

We know the same people mate......................

That's what my partner was told to do by the police back in South Africa.

gamgee
8th August 2005, 19:33
eww stun guns are evil little bitches, who saw jackass when they tested all the riot control measures, they had tazers, peper spray, stun guns, stun guns fire this little sort of barb thing usually into your chest and you actually have to tear it out to get the thing out, would hurt like fark, i suppose it will put people of giving the cops sh!t

scumdog
8th August 2005, 19:37
I presume the police will only use these stun-gunnie-things on persons resisting arrest or who are acting in a threatening manner?

"Will you come quietly, or will I be forced to use earmuffs?"

For sure! And it does not matter how focussed or how high on 'P' you are, you can't function if you can't make your muscles do what you want them to do!!

BTW. I've heard more than one larrikin say "next time don't spray me (with pepper-spray) just smash me with the old fashioned baton, I'm sure it can't hurt as much" so don't mess with that either.

White trash
8th August 2005, 19:41
BTW. I've heard more than one larrikin say "next time don't spray me (with pepper-spray) just smash me with the old fashioned baton, I'm sure it can't hurt as much" so don't mess with that either.

Well you're obviously not hitting them hard enough if they're coming back for more.

Either that, or you've got a hell of a customer loyalty programme.

gamgee
8th August 2005, 19:41
coupla link for ya'll
775000V stun gun movie:
http://www.safetygearhq.com/movies/SM-775.MOV
how flying tazers work:
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/stun-gun5.htm

needless to say neither would be very enjoyable for the person at the 'owee' end

froggyfrenchman
8th August 2005, 19:42
hopethey wont be used as a anti-speeding measure!!!!!!!

myvice
8th August 2005, 20:00
hopethey wont be used as a anti-speeding measure!!!!!!!
PHARK!!! That’s a scary thought!
Ripping along your favourite stretch when 1/2-zillion volts hit you just as you tip it into a corner!

scumdog
8th August 2005, 20:08
Well you're obviously not hitting them hard enough if they're coming back for more.

Can't do better than bending an Asp - but then these are tough Southern Gentlemen we are talking about.... :Punk:

Al
8th August 2005, 20:10
Fantastic idea!
Who can now dispute "minimum force" used to subdue perpetrator? :clap:

Al

scumdog
8th August 2005, 20:10
PHARK!!! That’s a scary thought!
Ripping along your favourite stretch when 1/2-zillion volts hit you just as you tip it into a corner!

Yeah and it will probably stuff up your indicators too - now THERES a scary thought!! :shit:

mstriumph
8th August 2005, 20:12
fire a warning shot into the ceiling afterwards? ... that's what I was told to do by the south african police, too :eek5: so guess there must be something in it...
That's what my partner was told to do by the police back in South Africa.

WINJA
8th August 2005, 20:13
I see NZ Police are getting Tazers - and already Amnesty International is bitching about them :mad:

YOU SHOULD JUST HAVE A WATER PISTOL FULL OF URINE, I DONT THINK YOU CUNTS SHOULD HAVE TAZERS , IF SOME ONE SHOULD BE SHOT THEN SHOOT EM, TAZERS ARE VERY OPEN FOR ABUSE BY PIGS AND THIS HAS COME UP TIME AND TIME AGAIN OVERSEAS

scumdog
8th August 2005, 20:20
YOU SHOULD JUST HAVE A WATER PISTOL FULL OF URINE, I DONT THINK YOU CUNTS SHOULD HAVE TAZERS , IF SOME ONE SHOULD BE SHOT THEN SHOOT EM, TAZERS ARE VERY OPEN FOR ABUSE BY PIGS AND THIS HAS COME UP TIME AND TIME AGAIN OVERSEAS

Good one dude, come down here and see how well YOU do the 'funky chicken' :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :crazy: :Pokey:

If you want to be abused then GO overeas, they're professionals~!!!!

pritch
8th August 2005, 20:26

LOL Well that would account for the number of "frequent flyers"
That and the revolving door policy in the prisons...

scumdog
8th August 2005, 21:07
One of my family members in the Police has not long come back from Wellington where he had a 3 day course in the use of new Semi-auto firearms. He reckoned it was great.. lot of fun. He said they are similar to the weapons you may have seen the British plods carrying around on Tele a few weeks back. They will be phased in to use over the next few months or so. So if the wee tazer doesnt work.. Raaa tatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatata :ar15: :ar15: :ar15:

:Police: Move along please people .. nothing to see here, cmon I said nothing to see here. (a few seconds of quiet till the cop sees a dead guy).. Holy Crap people come check this out, C'mon gather round, get a load o this guy! Make room in front for others.

Yeah, not a lot different to some of my hunting rifles - except mine are 7.62 cal.
If baddies are like goats I'm a winner!!!

Just LOVE your sig. It's a classic!!

jimbo600
8th August 2005, 21:17

Hopefully the tazer will be mounted on the non-master hand. Otherwise you might want to draw the tazer then suddenly blammo Mr offender is whacked full of lead poisoning.

scumdog
8th August 2005, 21:56
One of Da' boys in OZ had a Tazer,the one with the prongs not the barby things.It was a 50,000 zaparoo model an I couldn't help myself.,
Had to see what it was like. :stupid:
NEVER NEVER NEVER gonn'a do that again. :crybaby:
If a cop ever pointed one of them at me an said jump,I'd ask "how high"?

Shit you're a laughh!!!

The guys that have been 'sprayed' say the same thing.

Zapf
9th August 2005, 00:44
so perhaps we can wear chain mail to stop those tazers?

wonder if those barbs goes thru leathers :nono:

scumdog
9th August 2005, 00:47

Yup, they do - and leave holes so's your leathers will leak afterwards!!

sAsLEX
9th August 2005, 00:51
Yeah, not a lot different to some of my hunting rifles - except mine are 7.62 cal.
If baddies are like goats I'm a winner!!!

Just LOVE your sig. It's a classic!!

what do the cops have for anger these days? I know a couple of 9mm rounds will stop someone coming on to my ship, and if that fails the dude on my shoulder with a remmington shotgun will see to that!

SARGE
9th August 2005, 00:55
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=310786#post310786

scumdog
9th August 2005, 00:57
what do the cops have for anger these days? I know a couple of 9mm rounds will stop someone coming on to my ship, and if that fails the dude on my shoulder with a remmington shotgun will see to that!

Ah, the 'sig' I was refering to is not a pistol!!

We have Glock autos (17 shot 9MM) and Remington bolt action 223 rifles.
The 'special' groups have shotties/M16s etc.

sAsLEX
9th August 2005, 01:02
The 'special' groups have shotties/M16s etc.

and the rest........

SARGE
9th August 2005, 01:05

9 mm wont stop someone thats motivated.. or tweekin.. ive seen 4 rounds go into center mass and the clown keeps coming ( not as fast mind you..)

one .45 round and not only does the target stop... he goes backwards 2 meters..

never forget that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder..

scumdog
9th August 2005, 01:13
9 mm wont stop someone thats motivated.. or tweekin.. ive seen 4 rounds go into center mass and the clown keeps coming ( not as fast mind you..)

But oh the disappointment of only firing the one shot, when you get so few opportunities why ruin the chance of letting loose with a whole mag??
With 9mm you get a whole lot more chances to fire a whole lot more shots!!!

sAsLEX
9th August 2005, 01:14

well we should all have a desert Eagle(.50) on our hip then, no one walks away from half an inch of lead going through ya!

One of the largest/strongest guys round I know of was dropped by a little wee female cheff with an asp batton who nearly broke his leg in a excercise.

scumdog
9th August 2005, 01:20
well we should all have a desert Eagle(.50) on our hip then, no one walks away from half an inch of lead going through ya!

One of the largest/strongest guys round I know of was dropped by a little wee female cheff with an asp batton who nearly broke his leg in a excercise.

Yeah but the problem we have in this country is having enough pistol-savvy officers who can hit targets better than 1 out of 5, with a Glock at least you can afford a few misses!!

A .50 miss is still a miss!!

The Asp? Very underestimated by low-lifes - except those that have been whacked by them!!

SARGE
9th August 2005, 01:31
But oh the disappointment of only firing the one shot, when you get so few opportunities why ruin the chance of letting loose with a whole mag??

anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice

i spent alot of time deployed in some real shitholes (Lebanon, Grenada, etc)

got a few powder burns..

scumdog
9th August 2005, 01:34
anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice

i spent alot of time deployed in some real shitholes (Lebanon, Grenada, etc)

got a few powder burns..

Too true, why fire one shot when you can fire ten??

Of course there comes a time in a mans life when he wishes the 'target' would conveniently fall to the ground with only one or two shots........

SARGE
9th August 2005, 01:34
well we should all have a desert Eagle(.50) on our hip then, no one walks away from half an inch of lead going through ya!.

too big and unweildy.. rather have the old Colt .45 and Standard issue Kabar

im a bit of a dino

scumdog
9th August 2005, 01:37
too big and unweildy.. rather have the old Colt .45 and Standard issue Kabar

im a bit of a dino

Might as well have something that can nicely launch a load of 00's - would have more of an impact and the gun wouldn't weigh much more than an 'Eagle.

SARGE
9th August 2005, 01:39

we were always taught to have a bit of ammo-awareness.. count your shots..only fire what you need to fire..make every one count

spray n pray dont do anything but tip off the bogeys with the muzzel flashes

SARGE
9th August 2005, 01:43
Might as well have something that can nicely launch a load of 00's - would have more of an impact and the gun wouldn't weigh much more than an 'Eagle.

i carried the Colt, and M203 and a Mossberg 5500 semi with a 16" and folding stock

M203 carried 00, HE, WP and AP... Mossie was 00 . never used tracers in my whole career.. ( they work in BOTH directions)

oh.. AND the M60 for a spell.. we had 2 in the unit.. used as shoulder weapons ( unlike the pansy Army that mounts them on a truck or tripod...lol..)

i really miss blowing shit up for a living..

scumdog
9th August 2005, 01:45
we were always taught to have a bit of ammo-awareness.. count your shots..only fire what you need to fire..make every one count

spray n pray dont do anything but tip off the bogeys with the muzzel flashes

The difference is that this IS NZ, ya WANT the bogeys to know you're sailing a whole shit-load of lead at them!!!

Those that don't get kill't might just give up on seeing the flashes and hearing the bangs, besides they generally don't have jack-shit to return fire with!!

SARGE
9th August 2005, 01:53
The difference is that this IS NZ, ya WANT the bogeys to know you're sailing a whole shit-load of lead at them!!!

Those that don't get kill't might just give up on seeing the flashes and hearing the bangs, besides they generally don't have jack-shit to return fire with!!

look around bro.. NZ isnt immune to what is happening around the world.. its coming here.. mark my words :raghead:
NZ is complacent right now and im sorry to say that the NZ Military and/ or police are so under-prepared to deal with it when it does..

NZ's National bird should be the Sitting Duck

dont mean to offend any Kiwi defense forces.. but you see it too, dont you?

EDIT : to the person who red repped me on this one ..
If you don't like it,leave, we know you already. read this over again.. i never stated that i didnt love it here.. i am stating the truth that the NZ defense forces are ill-prepared to deal with anything like London .
keep your head in the sand..i will be one of the first to stand up in defense of my new home

scumdog
9th August 2005, 01:56
look around bro.. NZ isnt immune to what is happening around the world.. its coming here.. mark my words :raghead:
NZ is complacent right now and im sorry to say that the NZ Military and/ or police are so under-prepared to deal with it when it does..

Hmm, I see your point - but this boy is going home for dinner, regardless of how many shots it takes to deck the 'opposition'.

I don't do "P.C."

kasper
9th August 2005, 04:04
If you are interested i make chain mail as a hobby. contact me for info.

Wellyman
9th August 2005, 05:30
Thats stupid, Amnesty always complain about these kind of things there will be a protest rally against this.

Lou Girardin
9th August 2005, 08:19

We have dealt with it. We didn't join the Murkins in their Middle Eastern adventures.
Al Qaeda think we're an island south of Australia.

BTW While I basically support the use of Tazers, I wonder how people would feel if one of their loved ones was zapped and died. There are plenty of people that lose their rag for whatever reason that don't deserve to die for it.
130 deaths last year in the States as a result of Tazer use.
Will our cops be trained in Tazer use as well as they are to use Glocks?

vifferman
9th August 2005, 09:16

Ahhh.... good ole US fortress mentality. :yes:

James Deuce
9th August 2005, 09:26
The only thing that concerns me about them is the potential to kill someone with a heart condition. Quite a few people have undiagnosed issues in the cardiac area and if the Tazer inadvertantly inverts your sinus rhythm you is dead massa. Much rather get shot myself.

But I think this would be a great idea overall. I just wish we didn't need to arm our Police. It used to be a point of pride that they weren't armed as a rule.

scumdog
9th August 2005, 09:55
Tazer 'em? risk them having a heart attack.

Pepper spray them? Risk them having an asthma(sp) attack

Shoot them? Risk them leaking to death

Asp them? Risk breaking bones.

Asp looks the 'nicest' - but then you have to be awful close to use it.

With the top three I guess it's TPC (Time Place Circumstance) and if any of those 'tools' are used there is normally a good reason.

placidfemme
9th August 2005, 10:17
fire a warning shot into the ceiling afterwards? ... that's what I was told to do by the south african police, too :eek5: so guess there must be something in it...

Yep... my mom was told that too in Zimbabwe... Shoot them in the head (if you can aim that well...) then shoot them in the leg (once they are down so it's easy)... then shoot the roof...

Then tell the story the other way around... shot the roof... he kept coming... shot his leg... he kept coming... shot him in the head/chest... and.... he stopped lol

Postie
9th August 2005, 10:30
Yep... my mom was told that too in Zimbabwe... Shoot them in the head (if you can aim that well...) then shoot them in the leg (once they are down so it's easy)... then shoot the roof...

Then tell the story the other way around... shot the roof... he kept coming... shot his leg... he kept coming... shot him in the head/chest... and.... he stopped lol

If the London police could have thought of that quick enough, it would have saved heaps of questions......

SARGE
9th August 2005, 10:49
We have dealt with it. We didn't join the Murkins in their Middle Eastern adventures.

thats BS Lou.. drive down Stoddard Road some evening past the Central Mosque and tell me they are not here en masse

hell your Immigration department gives them a free pass.. when i was going for Residency, the caseworker i scored was Pakistani, spoke broken english and wanted a copy of my Military history for some reason.. i copped HEAPS of shit from her ( needless to say, she didnt get a copy...)

the US was complacent on 10 Sept 01 too.. we were big strong and attack-proof

London was complacent a few weeks ago too..

i dont agree with G.W's policies.. dont like him .. didnt like his daddy.. But Hussein HAD to go.. WMD's or not .. he had already proven the fact that he was a nutcase, capable of anything ( ask the Kurds) We shoulda finished the job in 91 and the shit we are in right now would have been over long ago.

Curiosity didnt kill the cat.. Complacency did

/END RANT

Drunken Monkey
9th August 2005, 10:55

What on Earth would posses seemingly normal human beings to weild such nasty implements as the asp?
Not that I know what an asp is anyway... :whistle: nothing to see here, move along...

Pancakes
9th August 2005, 11:44
I think the tazer is a good idea. Verbal warnings to someone who is obviously not coping too well at that point in time and then shot? I'm sure the cops and victims would be happy for an intermediate measure. To all the "rather be shots". Give it a go, then I dare you to say it again. Some people can die from a tazer but the voltages on some are variable so with the pins in place a "test" shock can be given. As stated before, people who the police have confronted with arms aren't just cruzing through town with 1/2 a tinney in their back pocket. You or your missus or kids probably don't want to bump into them. The asp is pretty nasty too and who says a cop should have to get in arms reach of some scumbag as part of their daily routine. They are just human bodies in uniform and are as susceptable to a hiding as the rest of us. As adults we need to weigh up the costs v.s the benefits and if you do get tazered by a bastard on his bad day you'll be alive to collect your payout. 2nd best looks good next to dead.

SARGE
9th August 2005, 11:57
some Police Dept's in the US use a "riot Round" .. its a smallish canvas bag filled with sand or such like.. fired from a standard 12 Ga or a propriatary "gun"... does not penetrate..no long term effects , other than a HUGE bruise on the chest.. supposedly feels like you've just been decked with a bowling ball

scumdog
9th August 2005, 12:11
some Police Dept's in the US use a "riot Round" .. its a smallish canvas bag filled with sand or such like.. fired from a standard 12 Ga or a propriatary "gun"... does not penetrate..no long term effects , other than a HUGE bruise on the chest.. supposedly feels like you've just been decked with a bowling ball

Yeah but at Buena Park somebody grabbed the wrong gun (this was a few years ago) and the guy ended up with a cluster of little holes in him! :doh:

Notice now how the 'less than lethal' guns are all painted green? (or white in some areas)!

Ixion
9th August 2005, 12:30

Kevlar ? Wonder how quick the loss of muscle ability is . Time enough to cut the cable ? I can wield a sword pretty quick. Shield ? The Saxons could fend off an arrow storn with shields.

Lou Girardin
9th August 2005, 12:30
thats BS Lou.. drive down Stoddard Road some evening past the Central Mosque and tell me they are not here en masse

hell your Immigration department gives them a free pass.. when i was going for Residency, the caseworker i scored was Pakistani, spoke broken english and wanted a copy of my Military history for some reason.. i copped HEAPS of shit from her ( needless to say, she didnt get a copy...)

the US was complacent on 10 Sept 01 too.. we were big strong and attack-proof

London was complacent a few weeks ago too..

i dont agree with G.W's policies.. dont like him .. didnt like his daddy.. But Hussein HAD to go.. WMD's or not .. he had already proven the fact that he was a nutcase, capable of anything ( ask the Kurds) We shoulda finished the job in 91 and the shit we are in right now would have been over long ago.

Curiosity didnt kill the cat.. Complacency did

/END RANT

God, where do I start?
Contrary to Hollywoods foreign policy, not ALL ragheads are terrorists. Just as not all Murkins are fat, paranoid retards.
London was not complacent, they knew they would be attacked and foiled several attempts. But because the don't have 'all colours of the rainbow' alerts, you don't hear much about them.
And the Middle East is much, much safer now that Saddam has gone, isn't it?
29,000 dead Iraqis are eternally grateful for the invasion.

Lou Girardin
9th August 2005, 12:32
And I've seen footage of a guy take 5 or 6 of those beanbag rounds before he dropped.

Ixion
9th August 2005, 12:39
I think the tazer is a good idea. Verbal warnings to someone who is obviously not coping too well at that point in time and then shot? I'm sure the cops and victims would be happy for an intermediate measure. To all the "rather be shots". Give it a go, then I dare you to say it again. Some people can die from a tazer but the voltages on some are variable so with the pins in place a "test" shock can be given. As stated before, people who the police have confronted with arms aren't just cruzing through town with 1/2 a tinney in their back pocket. You or your missus or kids probably don't want to bump into them. The asp is pretty nasty too and who says a cop should have to get in arms reach of some scumbag as part of their daily routine. They are just human bodies in uniform and are as susceptable to a hiding as the rest of us. As adults we need to weigh up the costs v.s the benefits and if you do get tazered by a bastard on his bad day you'll be alive to collect your payout. 2nd best looks good next to dead.

Hmm. Red Squad anyone ? Wonder how things would have gone if they'd been armed with tasers .

Guess a Taser is "better" than a gun.. Pity though that we have come to the point that our police are routinely armed with lethal or potentially lethal force.

Danger is that shooting easily becomes the first response. Even in Australia a lot of innocent and semi-innocent (doing something naughty but not serious) people get shot. Easy for a nervous cop to do, misread a movement and grab for the oh-so-handy gun.

Always feel REAL nervous in countries where the cops are walking around with guns on their hips.

Chicken and egg though . Pity the cops carry guns now. But pity that we have crims who make the carrying necessary. Maybe if judges dished out some decent sentences to said crimns the need for guns would be ameliorated.

thehollowmen
9th August 2005, 13:05

Seen the S&W .50 revolver? (http://www.popularmechanics.com/outdoors/firearms/1277336.html)
That is a scary gun.

It is more a rifle than a pistol but... gawd damn the police would have fun with that.

"Ohhh speeding truck *bam* that made it pull over"

SARGE
9th August 2005, 13:59
God, where do I start?
Contrary to Hollywoods foreign policy, not ALL ragheads are terrorists. Just as not all Murkins are fat, paranoid retards.
London was not complacent, they knew they would be attacked and foiled several attempts. But because the don't have 'all colours of the rainbow' alerts, you don't hear much about them.
And the Middle East is much, much safer now that Saddam has gone, isn't it?
29,000 dead Iraqis are eternally grateful for the invasion.

the Sandbox will be safer Lou.. not tomorrow.. maybe not next year.. but the Iraqis that didnt die are in a better state than they were 2 years ago.. they will soon have an elected govt.. and if the popo and the government can stay off the corruption trail.. all will be well...
this really fucks me off sometimes.. how come everyone remembers the Abu Garib prison.. the colatteral damage ( simple.. move out of the war zone) and everything else.. but no-one remembers those American contractors who were burned, dismembered and hung from the bridge, or the 241 of my brothers who died in Lebanon in '83, trying to help out the @#$ PLO? (that was my unit btw..ask me about trying to piece together your best mate so his mom could have something to bury) :angry:
how come it is acceptable to behead people and post the vid on the net?..why is it ok to drive a truck bomb into a crowd of children getting lollies from a US Marine and kill 25 of them to get 1 Marine?
i never said that all Arabs are terrorists.. but im willing to bet that there ARE quite a few of them in and around NZ and that the Muslim community is aware of them.

fuckin animals

Zapf
9th August 2005, 14:23
And why is it the US has to impose on other countries what IT thinks its right? And then put up a puppet goverment that is massively in debt to the US, so in effect the US takes control of the country not by force, but by economic..... etc blar blar blar... but like anyone cares... :whocares:

James Deuce
9th August 2005, 14:45
Jim,a mate of mine resently shot a fallow deer on the point of the shoulder with a .44 Mag.
That's a pretty weak round an comperable with the type of things the cops use.Well it totaly destroyed the front end of that deer and I'm sure that if you'd seen the damage done you'd change your mind on the "rather be shot" statement.The thing I keep in mind when it comes to Tazers is that it's not me that's going to be zapped with one anyway.
Those that do get zapped probably need it.

I don't actually want to be shot, but given how my life works if I ever got tazered (probably will just by being within 20 ft of a Cop armed with one accidentally discharging) my heart would probably stop and then restart the wrong way and fill my lungs with blood, meanwhile the electrical shock will generate a nice big seizure causing me to bite my tongue off and fry the right side of my brain completely.

Please shoot me. In the head. With the biggest, fastest round you can muster.

I think the Tazer's are overall a good call, and I wouldn't deny a Cop the right to defend him or herself, but I think that there will quite a few more deaths from using them than people will be expecting.

SARGE
9th August 2005, 14:58
And why is it the US has to impose on other countries what IT thinks its right? And then put up a puppet goverment that is massively in debt to the US, so in effect the US takes control of the country not by force, but by economic..... etc blar blar blar... but like anyone cares... :whocares:

yea.. those poor Japanese and Germans..had to suffer through the Marshall Plan and have their nations rebuilt.. maybe someday thier economies will come right..

Lou Girardin
9th August 2005, 15:15
the Sandbox will be safer Lou.. not tomorrow.. maybe not next year.. but the Iraqis that didnt die are in a better state than they were 2 years ago.. they will soon have an elected govt.. and if the popo and the government can stay off the corruption trail.. all will be well...
this really fucks me off sometimes.. how come everyone remembers the Abu Garib prison.. the colatteral damage ( simple.. move out of the war zone) and everything else.. but no-one remembers those American contractors who were burned, dismembered and hung from the bridge, or the 241 of my brothers who died in Lebanon in '83, trying to help out the @#$ PLO? (that was my unit btw..ask me about trying to piece together your best mate so his mom could have something to bury) :angry:
how come it is acceptable to behead people and post the vid on the net?..why is it ok to drive a truck bomb into a crowd of children getting lollies from a US Marine and kill 25 of them to get 1 Marine?
i never said that all Arabs are terrorists.. but im willing to bet that there ARE quite a few of them in and around NZ and that the Muslim community is aware of them.

fuckin animals

Since 1990 Iraq has gone from having the highest standard of living in the Middle East to being a war torn hell-hole vergeing on anarchy.
All thanks to the Bush's, particularly George Dubya's oedipal complex.
A fact that most Americans will not accept is that most of the Muslim world and a good part of the rest loathe them. The reasons are many and varied, but one of the biggest is their unquestioning support of Israel's oppression of the Palestinians. This, surprise surprise, is why the insurgents continue to function effectively in Iraq.
Rather than act as the Sherrif of the World, America should try and learn how other nations think.
In the meantime they are in a sandy Vietnam, and we all know what happened there.

Ever wondered why there was no resistance to Allied occupation in Germany or Japan after '45.
Could it be due to an enlightened and sympathetic attitude by the Allies to a defeated enemy?

SARGE
9th August 2005, 16:01
A fact that most Americans will not accept is that most of the Muslim world and a good part of the rest loathe them. The reasons are many and varied, but one of the biggest is their unquestioning support of Israel's oppression of the Palestinians. This, surprise surprise, is why the insurgents continue to function effectively in Iraq.

if you will notice in a previous post, i stated that i was involved with the UN Multinational force in Beruit Lebenon in 1983. we were there to HELP the PLO get out of Beruit because they were effectivly cut off and getting a hiding from the Isrealis.

after the truck bomb killed 241 of my brothers, Then-President Regan sent word that we were NOT to engage in combat actions against ANYONE because " we are not sure who is responsible" (still to this day we are not positive, but alot of evidence is pointing towards Iran, ISREAL or the PLO.)

the US acts as the police force for the world because it is our responsibility as the only remaining superpower to do so. the UN is corrupt, Europe is splintered, and Russia's army is starving.

i got here September 18, 2001..on the News that night.. Auntie Helen announced that she was disbanding the combat wing of the RNZAF

good call Helen

im not here to get into a Shit-Fight with anyone about this.. i am just stating a well informed opinion

Ramius
9th August 2005, 16:03

BTW While I basically support the use of Tazers, I wonder how people would feel if one of their loved ones was zapped and died. There are plenty of people that lose their rag for whatever reason that don't deserve to die for it.
130 deaths last year in the States as a result of Tazer use.

Where do you get the figure of 130? Amnesty International states 103 between June 2001 & March 2005 for the US & Canada
http://www.commondreams.org/news2005/0401-01.htm

Next time make sure you pick figures that nobody will check.

Lou Girardin
9th August 2005, 16:14
Where do you get the figure of 130? Amnesty International states 103 between June 2001 & March 2005 for the US & Canada
http://www.commondreams.org/news2005/0401-01.htm

Next time make sure you pick figures that nobody will check.

Looks like the report I saw had the figures transposed.
If it's only 103 it's all OK then.

Ramius
9th August 2005, 16:19
i got here September 18, 2001..on the News that night.. Auntie Helen announced that she was disbanding the combat wing of the RNZAF

good call Helen

Meh, the pathetic combat wing that we had would not be able to stop an invasion of Amish terrorists let alone an attack from any major party. Its the same for the pathetic list of ships the navy has.

New Zealanders are pretty much cannon fodder with the equipment they do or don't have.

Ramius
9th August 2005, 16:20
Looks like the report I saw had the figures transposed.
If it's only 103 it's all OK then.

Well, 103 over 5 years is better than 130 in 1 year!

forty two
9th August 2005, 17:37
well, back to a more serious note, this just happened to arrive in my inbox today, quite topical I thought :yes: a bit long but worth a read.

My First Taser Experience

My wife is fond of saying that my last words on this earth will be something akin to "Well, I have out done myself once again." No doubt you will see this true story chronicled in a Lifetime movie in the near future.
Here goes...

Last weekend I spied something at the pawn shop that tickled my fancy. (Note: Keep in mind that my "fancy" is easily tickled). I bought something really cool for my wife. The occasion was our 18th anniversary and I was looking for a little something extra for my sweet girl.

What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized Taser gun with a clip. For those of you who are not familiar with this
product, it is a less-than-lethal stun gun with two metal prongs designed to incapacitate an assailant with a shock of high-voltage, low
amperage electricity while you flee to safety. The effects are supposed to be short lived with no long-term adverse affect on your assailant, but allowing you adequate time to retreat to safety.

You simply jab the prongs into your 250 lb. tattooed assailant, push the button, and it will render him a slobbering, goggle-eyed,
muscle-twitching, whimpering, pencil-neck geek. If you've never seen one of these things in action, then you're truly missing out--way too cool!

Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was so disappointed. Upon reading the directions (we don't need no stinkin' directions), I found much to my chagrin that this particular model would not create an arch between the prongs. How disappointing! I do love fire for effect. I learned that if I pushed the button, however, and pressed it against a metal surface that I'd get the blue arch of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs that I was so looking forward to. I did so. Awesome! Sparks, a blue arch of electricity, and a loud pop!

Yipeeeeee!

I'm easily amused, just for your information, but I have yet to explain to her what that burn spot on the face of her microwave is.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two AAA batteries, etc., etc. There I sat in my recliner, my dog looking on intently (trusting little soul), reading the directions (that would be me, not the dog) and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh and blood target.

I must admit I thought about zapping the dog for a fraction of a second and thought better of it. He is such a sweet pup, after all. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong? Was I wrong to think that? It seemed reasonable to me at the time.

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand,
Taser in the other. The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a loss of bodily control; a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water.

All the while I'm looking at this little device (measuring about 5" long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference, pretty cute really, and
loaded with two itsy, bitsy AAA batteries) thinking to myself, "No friggin' way!"

Friggin' way - trust me, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best. Those of you who know me well have got a pretty good idea of what followed. I'm sitting there alone, the dog looking on with his head cocked to one side as to say, "Don't do it buddy," reasoning that a one-second burst from such a tiny lil' ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad (sound, rational thinking under the circumstances, wouldn't you agree?).

I decided to give myself a one-second burst just for the hell of it.

(Note: You know, a bad decision is like hindsight-- always 20-20. It is so obvious that it was a bad decision after the fact, even though it seemed so right at the time. Don't ya just hate that?)

I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and HOLY*********! DAaaaauuuuuuMN!!!

I'm pretty sure that Jessie Ventura ran in through the front door, picked me up out of that recliner, then body slammed me on
the carpet over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be
found, soaking wet, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position. The dog was standing over me making sounds I had never heard before, licking my face, undoubtedly thinking to himself, "Do it again, do it again!"

(NOTE: If you ever feel compelled to mug yourself with a Taser, one note of caution. There is no such thing as a one-second burst when you zap yourself. You're not going to let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor. Then, if you're lucky, you won't dislodge one of the prongs 1/4" deep into your thigh like yours truly.)

SON-OF-A-***** that hurt! A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at this point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My glasses were on the TV across the room. How did they get there??? My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. give or take an ounce or two, I'm pretty sure.

By the way, has anyone seen my testicles? I think they ran away. I'm offering a reward. They're round, kinda hairy, and handsome if I must say so myself. Miss 'em; sure would like to get 'em back.

Never Touchin' the Taser Again!

NordieBoy
9th August 2005, 19:55
What on Earth would posses seemingly normal human beings to weild such nasty implements as the asp?
Not that I know what an asp is anyway... :whistle: nothing to see here, move along...

Association of Shareware Professionals?

Do they have enforcers?
Geeks in black suits, dark glasses, earpieces and pocket protecters :D

spudchucka
9th August 2005, 22:33
Also available for use on ex MOT letterwriting types, winga's and anybody by the name of Mikey. :yes:

WINJA
9th August 2005, 22:47
Also available for use on ex MOT letterwriting types, winga's and anybody by the name of Mikey. :yes:
AND THEN WHEN YOU HAVE NO TAZER I SMASH YA FUCKEN FACE IN , AND I WOULD IF YOU USED THAT ON ME

spudchucka
9th August 2005, 23:02
AND THEN WHEN YOU HAVE NO TAZER I SMASH YA FUCKEN FACE IN , AND I WOULD IF YOU USED THAT ON ME
Just think of it as a free recharge, nothing to get upset over.

Lou Girardin
10th August 2005, 08:22

Apparently it's also very useful for erectile dysfunction in grumpy, stressed out Policemen.
Taken internally.

scumdog
10th August 2005, 10:25

Probably the same way they would feel if their loved one was shot to death/died from an astham attack after being pepper-sprayed etc.

Next time you see somebody behaving in a manner that could result in them being sprayed/Tazered/Asp'd I suggest you don't call Police, instead call somebody else that will subdue them and calm things down with nobody getting hurt. :whistle:

And if you know of such a mythical person that is available all over NZ could you please PM me so I can contact them if needed? :wait:

Lou Girardin
10th August 2005, 12:32
Probably the same way they would feel if their loved one was shot to death/died from an astham attack after being pepper-sprayed etc.

Next time you see somebody behaving in a manner that could result in them being sprayed/Tazered/Asp'd I suggest you don't call Police, instead call somebody else that will subdue them and calm things down with nobody getting hurt. :whistle:

And if you know of such a mythical person that is available all over NZ could you please PM me so I can contact them if needed? :wait:

I'm surprised you didn't quote the old 60's cop saying, "the next time you're in trouble, call a hippie".

spudchucka
10th August 2005, 21:31
Apparently it's also very useful for erectile dysfunction in grumpy, stressed out Policemen.
Taken internally.
Please explain how would know such a thing? Have you been an adminster or a recipient of such a treatment?

WINJA
10th August 2005, 21:34
Please explain how would know such a thing? Have you been an adminster or a recipient of such a treatment?
HAVENT YOU HEARD OF THE SHOCKER? BITCH

scumdog
11th August 2005, 00:09

Somebody gave you "the shocker"? - lucky boy!! (hope your arse survived)j:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :whistle:

idb
11th August 2005, 00:13
Somebody gave you "the shocker"? - lucky boy!! (hope your arse survived)j:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :whistle:
Despite the wisdom that I distribute so freely I'm obviously still an innocent in some respects.
What is a shocker?
Would I like it?
Where can I get one?
Does it cost money?

scumdog
11th August 2005, 00:19
Despite the wisdom that I distribute so freely I'm obviously still an innocent in some respects.
What is a shocker?
Would I like it?
Where can I get one?
Does it cost money?

Answers:
1 PM me if you wish to know
2 You (probably) wouldn't like getting one ( and you're a guy anyway).
3 See WINJA, he'll probably 'administer' one for you. (or speak nicely to your neighbour
4 Only if you're dealing with a hooker.

WINJA
11th August 2005, 17:42
IM FINE ,LUCKY FOR ME YOUR WIFES GOT SMALL FINGERS

Wonko
11th August 2005, 18:21
What is a shocker?
Would I like it?
Where can I get one?
Does it cost money?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shocker

scumdog
12th August 2005, 02:29
IM FINE ,LUCKY FOR ME YOUR WIFES GOT SMALL FINGERS

Them weren't fingers boy, them were tobasco sauce filled supositories(sp).

One burning ring of fire appearing in a neighbourhood near you... :rofl: :rofl:

idb
12th August 2005, 08:31
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shocker
Ooooohhhhhhh!

scumdog
12th August 2005, 09:32
Seeing as I started the first thread on Tazers and there are two threads can I change the title on mine to avoid cofusion??

Or can they be linked or somat?

WINJA
12th August 2005, 17:50
Them weren't fingers boy, them were tobasco sauce filled supositories(sp).

One burning ring of fire appearing in a neighbourhood near you... :rofl: :rofl:
:cry: :cry: YOUR A FUNNY BASTARD

mstriumph
12th August 2005, 18:02
mmmmm he IS grumpy, isn't he ..... :yes:
Taken internally.

mstriumph
12th August 2005, 18:04
I care.......

spudchucka
13th August 2005, 05:42
Are you offering or requesting? PM Lou ass it appears he has some sort of anal fixation.

Pixie
13th August 2005, 14:02
We'll know the first time we see a cop on the news having a spazz attack at AOS call out :rofl:

Pixie
13th August 2005, 14:12
Kevlar ? Wonder how quick the loss of muscle ability is . Time enough to cut the cable ? I can wield a sword pretty quick. Shield ? The Saxons could fend off an arrow storn with shields.
From personal experience,if you really want to know,stick your finger in a light socket.
The Taser electrodes don't have to make contact with the skin.Most clothing fabrics aren't good enough dielectrics to prevent the electrodes arcing through them

ALTRON
14th August 2005, 11:37
This is a nasty clip of a taser attack on a bull :S imagine if you used it on a human (which they are meant for:S)
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2675158?htv=12&htv=12

igor
14th August 2005, 20:45

can't wait to get one, WINJA would be a pre emptive strike cause he's such a noodle

spudchucka
14th August 2005, 21:02
We'll know the first time we see a cop on the news having a spazz attack at AOS call out :rofl:
As usual you and Lou are the experts and have all the answers............. or you know fuck all and just take the piss as a consequence of your ignorance.

WINJA
14th August 2005, 21:13
can't wait to get one, WINJA would be a pre emptive strike cause he's such a noodle
AND THEN YOU WAKE UP AND SPUDS GOT HIS COCK IN YOUR ARSE

spudchucka
14th August 2005, 21:18
You been fantasising again Wingey?

igor
14th August 2005, 21:36

so original and thanks but no thanks i can do much better than Spuddy, hes not my type, to dominaring