PDA

View Full Version : Lost the L Plate for good

danb
8th August 2005, 18:53
After exactly 6 months to the day I got my restricted license today.
Was a piece of piss nothing to hard except keeping an eye on the testers indicators - I lost him once but that was all fine.
The test went for about 10Minutes (Shit would have thought it would have been more than that considering the amount we have to pay for it buy hey im not worried :whocares: ). It was from Botany Downs Town Center area AA building to just before you get to howick town center (The Domain).
For any people who are considering doing license testing do go to the Botany AA center. There has been a roomer that an older guy that works there is an asshole and fails many people - I had him today and he was fine. I did my Learners, Restricted and Full there for the car and it’s virtually impossible to fail.
I did have an issue with my bike with the fact my Indicator lights in the front stay on even when they are not being used (Something to watch out for on the Honda CBR250RR). The testing guy had never seen it before so I was lucky that he let me do the test. He was about to go and check it up.

Since I have my cage and bike licenses the L plates are lost for good. :Punk:

Now I have to wait 2 years perhaps to get my full.

Question for you lot... If I have done defensive driving for the cage license does that still apply for a bike license to get 6 months or whatever it is off the full license?

T.I.E
8th August 2005, 18:59
nice work.

does it feel good?

and how long before you step up ?

bugjuice
8th August 2005, 19:08
well done..

Not sure on the advanced driving/riding thing. Give the LTSA a call and ask..

justsomeguy
8th August 2005, 19:10
Congrats matey :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now doing 110 on the motorway isn't seriously illegal.:yes:

Look forward to seeing you out on some more rides.:ride:

scumdog
8th August 2005, 19:11
Good one dude!! :Punk:

I bet you get pissed off by old farts like me saying "I got my licence straight away, no "L" plate shit and rode off on my 650" eh??

Bonez
8th August 2005, 19:13
Good one dude!! :Punk:

I bet you get pissed off by old farts like me saying "I got my licence straight away, no "L" plate shit and rode off on my 650" eh??You must be ooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllldddddddddddddddd d!! :yes:

dveus
8th August 2005, 19:13
The defensive driving course only applies if it was issued in the last 6 months.

danb
8th August 2005, 19:14
nice work.

does it feel good?

and how long before you step up ?

Two years unless I can use my defensive driving course which I used for the cage.
Yea I might ring the LTSA sometime and find out.

raster
8th August 2005, 19:15
Congratulations, I just got my full last week, great feeling aye.

Quote : Question for you lot... If I have done defensive driving for the cage license does that still apply for a bike license to get 6 months or whatever it is off the full license?
I think you'll find you have to do one for each test. Why I don't know :weird:
Ring Stu at ADDA, He'll tell you.

MoFunthanmost
8th August 2005, 19:15
:clap:
Envy ya mate- well done! hope to join the L-plate-less ranks next month!
:Punk:

danb
8th August 2005, 19:16
The defensive driving course only applies if it was issued in the last 6 months.

Bugger - I did it about this time last year.