PDA

View Full Version : A favour to ask. (I'm on the bludge)

White trash
8th August 2005, 19:32
Big ask I know, but I'd like to borrow a couple of offroad bikes for a days use. One would need either to be electric start or a, say, KDX200. Easy to start anyway. The other, not fussed. (I know, I know, beggers can't be choosers)

Anyway, I'd be prepared to offer the guarantee that any damage would be subsequently repaired and neither of us are budding motocross stars or anything.

If you're trusting enough, let me know please?

Thanks muchly.

sAsLEX
8th August 2005, 19:36
can borrow my xr250 dont run to good and aint that flash but hey it goes

must mention it has a "professionally rewound stator" sp professional they were they did it twice to be certain!

mattt
8th August 2005, 19:41
Big ask I know, but I'd like to borrow a couple of offroad bikes for a days use. .

Does Bruce's TL count?

Skunk
8th August 2005, 22:04
Big ask I know, but I'd like to borrow a couple of offroad bikes for a days use. One would need either to be electric start or a, say, KDX200.What if they're both Kawasakis? What will you ride? (P/T)
If you were needing them down here you might borrow a couple of KLX250 elec' leggers...

Wellyman
8th August 2005, 23:00
Hey trashy.
that sounds like fun, I could bring my bike out and join in the events and let you guys have a go on my bike. where are you based etc? send me a PM or what not and maybe something could happen

Motu
8th August 2005, 23:13
One is for a someone new to off road?? Perhaps an early trials bike would suit?....pity I gave the TLR200 a hard time yesterday.

Can you find a clutch lever?...maybe I can do a repair on the front guard....

Wellyman
9th August 2005, 01:26
I don't think a trials bike would be good for a learner. Learners prefer to sit down and ride slow.

scumdog
9th August 2005, 01:31
Anyway, I'd be prepared to offer the guarantee that any damage would be subsequently repaired and neither of us are budding motocross stars or anything.

If you're trusting enough, let me know please?

Thanks muchly.

Ah, that part about the guarantee just blew it, the knobbly is coming back off the Sporty right now!!

Anyway it goes well across paddocks quite well without an off-road tyre!

badlieutenant
9th August 2005, 20:31
id lend you my kdx200 (reamed to a 250) but its in bits and would need running in, oh and its in whangarei :(

Motu
10th August 2005, 21:38
I don't think a trials bike would be good for a learner. Learners prefer to sit down and ride slow.

Ride slow? I think a trials bike fits the bill rather well.My TLR200 is an 86,a twinshock....they were sold in the US as a trail bike as trials is not common there,so they all ride them as a slow trail bike.OK,so I've set mine up for trials and it's not comfy to sit down on,but it's made to stand up on and any rider will naturaly get into the stance.....I think they'll be more comfortable on a tame slow speed twinshocker than a tall snappy KDX,and learn a shit load more about machine control....

username
10th August 2005, 23:27
How about a gsxr1000 with a pair of knobblies on it ?