PDA

View Full Version : A wee plug for Godiva screens

98tls
16th October 2012, 19:28
Great service,7 days from ordering (they make to order) an oem shape screen in dark tint to picking it up.Tint was perfect and to top it off there was even the old school beading around the top lip.nice touch indeed.

AllanB
16th October 2012, 19:30
Had a good experience with them some years back with a GS1200ss.

I thought you sold the TL months back?

98tls
16th October 2012, 19:34
Had a good experience with them some years back with a GS1200ss.

I thought you sold the TL months back?

I did,but then didnt at the very last minute.Glad to.

sootie
17th October 2012, 08:17
I bought one of these for my ZZR1100 a few years ago. I did not think it was cheap, but the quality and styling were excellent.
It does provide more comfort for touring without looking in any way out of place. Good value I think. I also had fast service.

caspernz
17th October 2012, 11:00
+1 on the service and quality :2thumbsup

Bought a touring screen for my Katana about three years ago, nice fit and comfy ride.

ducatilover
17th October 2012, 11:14
You need to polish that front header mate :bleh:

Nice screen

DEATH_INC.
17th October 2012, 14:54
I used 'em to get a screen for the old Turbo ('84) a few months back, real nice, original fit but dark tint.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them :niceone:

98tls
17th October 2012, 16:04
I used 'em to get a screen for the old Turbo ('84) a few months back, real nice, original fit but dark tint.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them :niceone:

Pics of the bike eh,if you would.

p.dath
17th October 2012, 16:44
I've used them before for an older bike, and the product was great.

Big Dave
17th October 2012, 16:51
I had a tour of the premises, observed the process and spent a while sifting around the 'tron factory with my KR hat on.
Top operation - good peoples.

DEATH_INC.
17th October 2012, 19:09
Pics of the bike eh,if you would.
um....it's still not finished.... this is the most completed pic I have, though it is running now. Better get some new pics...it does show the screen quite well though...

hayd3n
17th October 2012, 19:14
um....it's still not finished.... this is the most completed pic I have, though it is running now. Better get some new pics...it does show the screen quite well though...

hasnt moved sine i was up last year

DEATH_INC.
21st October 2012, 10:11
hasnt moved sine i was up last year
Lol...no it hadn't when I took that pic. But it has...

MD
21st October 2012, 11:45
+ another Godiva fan.
Next day delivery for the Tiger 1050 dark screen at a good price. Cut the buffeting and looked better. What more can you say.

98tls
21st October 2012, 18:13

Bugger me,niceeee indeed.Done a thread on her?

98tls
21st October 2012, 18:14
+ another Godiva fan.
Next day delivery for the Tiger 1050 dark screen at a good price. Cut the buffeting and looked better. What more can you say.

Very tasty bike M.

98tls
21st October 2012, 18:16
I had a tour of the premises, observed the process and spent a while sifting around the 'tron factory with my KR hat on.
Top operation - good peoples.

So hows it work D,they just have sheets of various tints and put each one into a press thingy to shape?

DEATH_INC.
21st October 2012, 21:25
Bugger me,niceeee indeed.Done a thread on her?
In the bftp forum, but I think only accessable if yer a member.......... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/group.php?discussionid=2091&do=discuss
Or www.750turbo.com .............http://www.750turbo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6635
or www.oldskoolperformance.com lotsa cool stuff here ............http://www.oldskoolperformance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1471
Probably best to go to the 750turbo one...the others came later, and are mostly copy and paste jobs...
Love that old TL of yours btw, good to see someone still playing with one :niceone

Cloggy
30th August 2017, 19:19
A bit of a thread dredge but some five years on from the original post the service level out of Godiva has not diminished one bit.
Add me to the list of happy and satisfied customers.
I was on the hunt for a better screen for my 2010 Concours. Godiva advertised one which was 100mm taller than stock and to fit 2007 - 2010 models.
So I ordered one. When it arrived a day or two later this supposedly 100mm taller screen was really no bigger than the screen I had on the bike already.
A bit of research by myself and Gary Hooker from Godiva soon showed than in 2010 Kawasaki increased the height of the screens on the Concours by 85mm, hence the screen supplied was really not much bigger.
Other suppliers could have just said "Too bad" at this point or refunded the money.
Not Godiva.
They agreed that the description on their website was perhaps a little misleading in regards to including the 2010 model year now they had found out as well that the screen size had changed in 2010.
So they offered to make me a new screen, as large as they could possibly make it.
This arrived today. And I am one happy customer. The quality of fit and finish is near perfect. And the communication throughout the process from finding out the original supplied screen was not what I wanted, through to picking up the unwanted screen, manufacture of the new one and final delivery was faultless.
So if you are in the market for a new screen, rather than getting one from overseas, check out Godiva's offerings. You might be pleasantly surprised at the cost compared to shipping one from overseas.
And should there be any issues, you can depend on Godiva to give the required level of support to make you a happy customer.

caspernz
30th August 2017, 19:43
To be fair I've had 3 screens from Godiva so far. All have been delivered within the timeframe promised, with a very nice fit. Ok, so I'm a fussy bugger but then I've got a Dremel to make minute alterations during the fitment process.

It's really neat that a local NZ outfit can supply aftermarket screens, at sensible prices :woohoo::2thumbsup