PDA

View Full Version : Who has test ridden the M50??

XTC
8th August 2005, 20:14
Who has test ridden the Suzuki M50 Boulevard thingy?? I did today and i'm gonna win it....maybe. Wish me luck. Mmmmm I liked it...... :o

Virago
8th August 2005, 22:07
Who has test ridden the Suzuki M50 Boulevard thingy?? I did today and i'm gonna win it....maybe. Wish me luck. Mmmmm I liked it...... :o
I read a few weeks ago that if you take one for a test ride, you go in the draw to win one - is that right? Only I haven't seen it advertised again. Is the promo still running?

XTC
8th August 2005, 22:50
I read a few weeks ago that if you take one for a test ride, you go in the draw to win one - is that right? Only I haven't seen it advertised again. Is the promo still running?
Think it runs till 31 august but not too sure. Ring your local suzuki dealer and ask.

Virago
8th August 2005, 22:59
Think it runs till 31 august but not too sure. Ring your local suzuki dealer and ask.
Thanks for that - will do :niceone:

SARGE
9th August 2005, 00:13

think it ended a week ago.. ill check in the morning

SARGE
10th August 2005, 09:48

this contest runs till 31 August.. drawn on Sept 9

good luck all who have entered :Punk:

vifferman
10th August 2005, 09:58
Who has test ridden the Suzuki M50 Boulevard thingy??
Of course I haven't riddne one, as I don't have the faintest freakin idea of what a "Suzuki M50 Boulevard thingy" is. :weird:
A picnic table? A cheap Japanese whore? An electric scooter? :spudwhat: :spudwhat:

stify
10th August 2005, 10:37
Of course I haven't riddne one, as I don't have the faintest freakin idea of what a "Suzuki M50 Boulevard thingy" is. :weird:
A picnic table? A cheap Japanese whore? An electric scooter? :spudwhat: :spudwhat:

maybe something suzuki made for males 50 an ova who like smooth straight roads?? :whistle:

username
11th August 2005, 19:38
best thing about those bikes is they are easily converted into trikes.

Virago
13th August 2005, 14:38
Well, went to McIver & Veitch in Dunedin this morning to get that test ride, unfortunately their test bike has been written-off!

Someone had it out for a test, and had a cage pull out in front of them. Bike was totalled, and the rider got a badly smashed up ankle.

They've got a Boulevard S83 (VS1400) available for a test though. Hmmm, I might have to check it out during the week, and do a review for KB...... .

Warr
13th September 2005, 20:04
Does anyone know who won this machine ???
Cant have been me, noone has phoned :(

Hitcher
13th September 2005, 21:12
Mrs H, the doyen of Marauder aficionados, says the new "M50" is way too black and falls seriously short of floating her boat.

SARGE
14th September 2005, 07:15
Mrs H, the doyen of Marauder aficionados, says the new "M50" is way too black and falls seriously short of floating her boat.

Funny you should say that ..i just got a red one and a blue one in stock yesterday..k6's are in folks (got a red special edition "flame job" model in also..)

Warr
14th September 2005, 09:36
Thought you'd know Sarge.....

Waylander
14th September 2005, 10:06
No one's contacted me yet so wasn't me.

Virago
14th September 2005, 17:20
Well, went to McIver & Veitch in Dunedin this morning to get that test ride, unfortunately their test bike has been written-off!

Someone had it out for a test, and had a cage pull out in front of them. Bike was totalled, and the rider got a badly smashed up ankle.

They've got a Boulevard S83 (VS1400) available for a test though. Hmmm, I might have to check it out during the week, and do a review for KB...... .
I took the S83 out for a test ride, it was an "interesting" ride. I'll post up a review in the near future.

Motig
14th September 2005, 20:15
Not living in one of the big centres I never got a chance, but I sent an email to Suzuki NZ saying perhaps they should let people in smaller centres just enter a draw at their local Suzi Dealer if there was no bike to ride unfortunately this didn't shame them into giving me a free M50 as compensation for the trauma I suffered.Damn!!!! :oi-grr:

Virago
14th September 2005, 22:30
Not living in one of the big centres I never got a chance, but I sent an email to Suzuki NZ saying perhaps they should let people in smaller centres just enter a draw at their local Suzi Dealer if there was no bike to ride unfortunately this didn't shame them into giving me a free M50 as compensation for the trauma I suffered.Damn!!!! :oi-grr:
Bugger eh, even in Dunedin I couldn't get a ride...

SARGE
14th September 2005, 23:49
Thought you'd know Sarge.....

havnt heard .. i'll call Simon in the morning

marty
5th October 2005, 20:33
i got a letter from suzuki nz saying some bugger in new plymouth had won it - what a laugh it'd be if it was Inlinefour!!!!!

Oxy
11th March 2007, 13:05
So Sarge.. What do ya reckon? I'm riding a Virago 1100, which does it for me quite nicely, but the Mrs finds the pillion seat uncomfortable. Been looking at XJR 1300's and Boulevards.. can't say I like the riding posion of the XJR too much, but the Mrs prefers the pillion seat on those above all the others. The big cruisers simply lack torque and fun after the Virago. So what's left? An S83 perhaps? What do you think? Any idea what the pillion seat is like on them? I've seen plenty of them around, but no demo bikes.

Waylander
11th March 2007, 13:27
So Sarge.. What do ya reckon? I'm riding a Virago 1100, which does it for me quite nicely, but the Mrs finds the pillion seat uncomfortable. Been looking at XJR 1300's and Boulevards.. can't say I like the riding posion of the XJR too much, but the Mrs prefers the pillion seat on those above all the others. The big cruisers simply lack torque and fun after the Virago. So what's left? An S83 perhaps? What do you think? Any idea what the pillion seat is like on them? I've seen plenty of them around, but no demo bikes.
The pilion seat of an XV1100 not comfortable? You've even got a sissy bar on it. It's like a couch back there man what the hell is she complaining about?

Oxy
11th March 2007, 14:18
Problem is that the seat tips her forward and the sissy bar leans too far back so she tells me. I have options, I get a new bike, have the seat revamped, or get a new Mrs.....

Oxy
7th April 2007, 08:40
K.. so I succumbed to a 2004 XJR1300. Pic on my profile. Took a bit of getting used to after riding a cruiser for so long, but she's a honey. So quick and responsive. Smooth as! Having the shocks set up made a huge difference to the handling.