PDA

View Full Version : VMX Japan

Brian d marge
31st October 2012, 13:55
Race report
Flew the kite in from Monte, after losing a few thou on the tables , signed a few autographs on the way to the motorhome (nice to see the fans out early) , chatted to Bernie on the warm up grid , surprised to see him here ,I thought he was more of a F1 guy , still Ill see him for dinner later.

not

Fkin HATE early starts , Hungover and tired from the night before , load up van ( borrowed as mine needs a WOF ) got to the track late ,just in time to miss my first practice heat, unloaded and set up tent , bike started but carb issues all day. This was more of a test day to see what broke and I was very happy how it went .

lunch was a superb, affair of roast chicken ,,, all free , with free cans of drink and sweets for the kids ......all you could drink !

got a couple of runs and beat the opposition , AJS 500, but modern four strokes , in the same class hard to beat !

Roll on next year ( I have a NEW Weapon in the arsenal ,,,,,,,)272495 Rules state it must look like a bike from that era , so I have bodywork from 1982 ish and I have a way of quickly swapping back wheels to fit a drum brake !!! see if you can guess what bike it is !!!!

Stephen