PDA

View Full Version : Neat little Ebay find

98tls
6th November 2012, 17:53
This turned up today,totally useless but had never seen one before so why not,saves me painting the crankcase cover again at least,carbon/kevlar crankcase cover,rare as rocking horse poo for an old S.

ducatilover
6th November 2012, 17:59
:niceone: That's too cool. I'll be making a set for my ZX6 sometime

MystikEagle
6th November 2012, 18:03
Thats pretty cool! :first:

wilber
6th November 2012, 20:14
Good find Mike hows the kevlar match up with your bike ? remember you saying awhile back the carbon didnt quite match the frog snot green .

98tls
7th November 2012, 19:40
Good find Mike hows the kevlar match up with your bike ? remember you saying awhile back the carbon didnt quite match the frog snot green .

The outsides covered in Carbon mate so if theres Kevlar it cant be seen,when i was on about not liking the Carbon it was when i had a Carbon front guard with the S forks,was just ugly.When i put the GSXR forks on the thing i had no choice but to buy a GSXR guard so decided to give it another go and found a real nice 1 on Ebay,cheap as chips to.Downside was it made the old Geelong hugger look shite so got the bloke from Just fairings to make me a new one,that wasnt cheap as he didnt want a bar of doing anything in Carbon.:brick:He did a great job,nice bloke to fwiw.Hows yours going W,good i hope.Few pics of the old tart as she is at the moment for you.

skippa1
7th November 2012, 20:28
The outsides covered in Carbon mate so if theres Kevlar it cant be seen,when i was on about not liking the Carbon it was when i had a Carbon front guard with the S forks,was just ugly.When i put the GSXR forks on the thing i had no choice but to buy a GSXR guard so decided to give it another go and found a real nice 1 on Ebay,cheap as chips to.Downside was it made the old Geelong hugger look shite so got the bloke from Just fairings to make me a new one,that wasnt cheap as he didnt want a bar of doing anything in Carbon.:brick:He did a great job,nice bloke to fwiw.Hows yours going W,good i hope.Few pics of the old tart as she is at the moment for you.

that looks very nice.....:yes:

wilber
7th November 2012, 21:10
That old carbon front guard that I got off you I just sold it in the weekend going on a black S ,had to sell some bits to cover what I just bought and to clean out great piles of unwanted parts .
My old girls coming along slowly nothing compaired to your bike shes looking good .

98tls
8th November 2012, 06:06
That old carbon front guard that I got off you I just sold it in the weekend going on a black S ,had to sell some bits to cover what I just bought and to clean out great piles of unwanted parts .
My old girls coming along slowly nothing compaired to your bike shes looking good .

Will look good on a black one,yep ive sold off heaps of stuff myself over the years.Slowlys the way eh its taken me 11 years so far.What have you just bought?

wilber
8th November 2012, 16:18
Corbin seat funny enough on trademe and a brembo master brake cylinder off a 999 duc ,my gsxr nissin has leaked at the banjo more than once and dripped fluid over the fairing and eaten into paint not a biggie as fairing wasn't 100% but look even worse hard but I know its there.

98tls
8th November 2012, 18:27
Corbin seat funny enough on trademe and a brembo master brake cylinder off a 999 duc ,my gsxr nissin has leaked at the banjo more than once and dripped fluid over the fairing and eaten into paint not a biggie as fairing wasn't 100% but look even worse hard but I know its there.

:niceone:Cool,let me know how you find the Corbin eh,always been tempted.