PDA

View Full Version : Tri Series Ultralite class

Billy
8th November 2012, 20:10
Had a call from Allan Willacy the race organiser for the Tri Series this evening,They are low on entries for their Ultralite class and I convinced him it might be a good idea to include the F4 buckets as we are for the Development class this year,He has agreed to leave entries open for a further week,Entry fee is $60 per round plus transponder and will run at Hampton Downs and Manfeild,If they can get enough entries,They will look at making it a permanent fixture for the Tri Series,Entry forms etc are available from their website.

Bert
8th November 2012, 21:44
Bugger. Round 2 clashes with north island series round2 which also clashes with Wellington round 3...
My god so many Choices.:doh:

Good on you Billy for throwing F4 in the mix. It would be good to be a part of this event in the future.

Yow Ling
9th November 2012, 05:07
Hey Billy, thats pretty positive stuff for buckets, good work !

richban
9th November 2012, 06:20
Hey Billy, thats pretty positive stuff for buckets, good work !

Round one could be a blast. Great work.

crazy man
9th November 2012, 07:01
Hampton Downs and Manfeild would be fun

Farmaken
9th November 2012, 07:57
This is very cool, is anyone planning on doing any of the national rounds ??

Seems we should grab the oppurtunity and make the most of the track time on offer.

Better get busy on the new bike :sweatdrop

sidwyz
9th November 2012, 08:28
They are low on entries for their Ultralite class and I convinced him it might be a good idea to include the F4 buckets as we are for the Development class this year,He has agreed to leave entries open for a further week,Entry fee is $60 per round plus transponder and will run at Hampton Downs and Manfeild,If they can get enough entries,They will look at making it a permanent fixture for the Tri Series,Entry forms etc are available from their website.

This is GREAT for us bucketeers,
An amazing price to race at hamptons, I am sure if made permanant you will get lots of entries.

However,
A: For me this is a bit short notice to change my arranged time off for hampton, this time! bugger
B: At manfield it clashes with the north island series for F4, this will mean low entries unfortunatly.

Please keep up the effort of supporting F4, no doubt it will pay off.

richban
9th November 2012, 11:21
I am in for Hampton. Great price and I haven't raced there yet. Who else is keen.

TZ350
9th November 2012, 12:59
We are keen, Round 1 at Hampton ... Date ????? where do we find the entry form?

Henk
9th November 2012, 13:07
http://www.cemeterycircuit.co.nz/

TZ350
9th November 2012, 13:25
Thanks .......

TZ350
9th November 2012, 15:16
Allan Willacy contacted me this evening and has asked me to inform all that are interested,That entry numbers for the Ultralite class are very low and .... Entry fee this year is only $60.00 plus transponder and they will leave entries open for a further week

Mate, this is just for the Suzuki Tri Series.... It is all done and dusted over 2 weekends for the Ultralites.
8th December = Hampton Downs
16th December = Manfeild....
Then we get to sit and watch on Boxing day....

Hampton round one of the Tri Series, be there or be square, the Beast will be racing, it should be a good tryout for it.

ac3_snow
10th November 2012, 07:05
After rushing home from work last night to get the entry in before midnight I discovered that entries for ultralites/buckets class are open till 22 november :niceone:

Henk
10th November 2012, 07:36
After rushing home from work last night to get the entry in before midnight I discovered that entries for ultralites/buckets class are open till 22 november :niceone:

Where did you spot that? I was thinking of sending an entry in but this gives me a bit more time to consider options if it's correct.

Bert
10th November 2012, 07:44
Where did you spot that? I was thinking of sending an entry in but this gives me a bit more time to consider options if it's correct.

First post gives it away: open for an extra week... :2thumbsup

Shit it would be a great event to be a part of; so how do I con wifey that I'll need pass outs for three weekends nearly in a row!!!
I can here it now ---:mad::mad::mad:

Henk
10th November 2012, 08:49
The way I work it out. Original close date 9th, extra week, 16th. Maybe I need more fingers.

Billy
10th November 2012, 09:41
The way I work it out. Original close date 9th, extra week, 16th. Maybe I need more fingers.

My fault,

Allan mentioned in the phone call he would extend entries for a week and I quoted him,Obviously he's decided to extend it further,Sorry.

ac3_snow
10th November 2012, 10:01

Ewww don't know where those fingers have been!

On the cemetery circuit site, I went to 'entries received' then underneath the four bikes that have entered for ultralites it says entries are open to 22 of mov (I am assuming they mean November lol)

Bert
10th November 2012, 10:02

soorryyyy Henk your right.... :motu:

Henk
10th November 2012, 14:22
Up yours Bert. I'm going to stop telling people nice things about you and start telling the truth.

javawocky
10th November 2012, 18:42
This is very intriguing. Few question pop up...

Would normal bucket regs apply or would you have to have belly pans, kill switches etc?

What kind of gearing would you run on an FXR? Standard? I remember watching the buckets at Hampton downs a few years back and I think some didn't have gearing sorted.

I guess you would also need a full MNZ licence to join in the fun.

For your $60+$35+$15 how much track time do you get?

The idea of circulating at HD on a the buck does sound like fun

Billy
10th November 2012, 19:21

Would normal bucket regs apply or would you have to have belly pans, kill switches etc?

What kind of gearing would you run on an FXR? Standard? I remember watching the buckets at Hampton downs a few years back and I think some didn't have gearing sorted.

Normal bucket rules apply and you should have a kill switch on any race machine anyways

No your club licence is enough as its not a national event,Can't help you with gearing and regarding tracktime you would need to contact the organiser at cemetery circuit.co

Dutchee
10th November 2012, 20:10

he one at the back being lapped by everyone had carb problems but was told it was all in my head. I then got told it was still all in my head at Taupo when I could barely make it around corners. Henk finally believed me at Kaitoke a few months later when he took her out and worked out that it wasn't in my head.
Not sure what gearing we all ran, I just remember getting further and further pissed off and having absolutely no fun and wondering why the hell I bothered riding at all.

RDjase
10th November 2012, 20:15

14 front sprocket, standard. My light weight 45kg son Tyler ran a 15 on his at Taupo and Manfeild

javawocky
10th November 2012, 20:28
he one at the back being lapped by everyone had carb problems but was told it was all in my head. I then got told it was still all in my head at Taupo when I could barely make it around corners. Henk finally believed me at Kaitoke a few months later when he took her out and worked out that it wasn't in my head.
Not sure what gearing we all ran, I just remember getting further and further pissed off and having absolutely no fun and wondering why the hell I bothered riding at all.

Sounds like my ride home when I first bought my bucket, hay I am going 90! no wait 85 no 50 better pull off the motorway before someone rear ends me!

Henk
10th November 2012, 20:35
Start with a 14 front and then if it won't pull it change to a 13, just don't downshift at the rev limiter from top. That shit gets expensive, don't ask me how I know.