PDA

View Full Version : Petition to Trade Me

Akzle
10th November 2012, 07:31
so... if i were to lobby trademe to change their f*ing bike search section... who'd sign it?

i'm thinking instead of the current search
125 250 500 750 1000 1200 1500+
they make it more suitable to LAMS, or at least throw in a LAMS checkbox for new auctions?
ie
<250 251-400 401-660 661-1000 1001-1200 1201+

plus, my searches are generally 250-750cc, < X$.
now, i don't want a 250, so i'd like to see it 251cc... i also don't want another f*ing quad, and certainly not anything so gay as a harley, so i'd like to see the "bike type" made a listbox that can exclude categories...

am i alone in this?

BoristheBiter
10th November 2012, 08:20
[COLOR="#139922"]so... if i were to lobby trademe to change their f*ing bike search section... who'd sign it?

now, i don't want a 250, so i'd like to see it 251cc... i also don't want another f*ing quad, and certainly not anything so gay as a harley, so i'd like to see the "bike type" made a listbox that can exclude categories...

am i alone in this?

I think you are but do you realise there is a keyword search bar?

schrodingers cat
10th November 2012, 10:50
Would this be act of societal alliegence?

If I said I would who's side would I be on?

But thanks. I'm enjoying the irony.

bogan
10th November 2012, 11:12
Would this be act of societal alliegence?

If I said I would who's side would I be on?

But thanks. I'm enjoying the irony.

Hehehe, me too!

With all the fucking 'what bike should I get' 'whats the best learners bike' threads here, I'm surprised anyone still searches by cc. Just get the model number you want; RC51, there are two, ANZ site, there's also only two, damn, thats a little shy of their asking price :weep: Minutes taken, also two, but half of that was typing this out anyway.

Dave-
11th November 2012, 22:24
Or you could just ask them nicely?

If enough people asked nicely they'd probably do it.

If you go last keyboard samurai on them with an online petition that took you zero effort they'll probably tell you to fuck off.

I know I would, but then I'd tell you to fuck off given any situation.

so fuck off, I'm not signing a stupid petition to force a company to do something as stupidly trivial as making it marginally easier for you to search for bikes you're not going to buy.

While you're at it can you ask them to force people to use the "incomplete engines" or the proper sub category for engine parts or incomplete engines? no? ok I'll fuck off.

scumdog
12th November 2012, 05:36
so fuck off, I'm not signing a stupid petition to force a company to do something as stupidly trivial as making it marginally easier for you to search for bikes you're not going to buy.

:nya::killingme:rofl:

G4L4XY
15th November 2012, 18:20
yeah just sit at work trawling TM all day looking for what you want :)

BoristheBiter
15th November 2012, 18:21
yeah just sit at work trawling TM all day looking for what you want :)

I don't think he actually works.

vifferman
15th November 2012, 20:53
It wouldn't work anyway, because of all the numpties that think it's clever to put a list of every bike brand and type as a "keyword" line at the end of their ad so it gets hits from people looking for something completely different. :crazy::crazy:

yod
15th November 2012, 21:43
I just wish they'd provide a multiple entry select box (which are INCREDIBLY FUCKING SIMPLE) for the bike brands so I could search all the brands I wanted and no others, rather than ONE.AT.A.FUCKING.TIME :brick::brick::brick:

yod
15th November 2012, 21:46
so... if i were to lobby trademe to change their f*ing bike search section... who'd sign it?

i'm thinking instead of the current search
125 250 500 750 1000 1200 1500+
they make it more suitable to LAMS, or at least throw in a LAMS checkbox for new auctions?
ie
<250 251-400 401-660 661-1000 1001-1200 1201+

am i alone in this?

you can just manually edit the url and select whatever cc range you want :yes:

try it on this....see the '9=125&9=250' in there?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/CategoryAttributeSearchResults.aspx?search=1&cid=1255&sidebar=1&rptpath=0001-0026-&39=&40=&153=&9=125&9=250&24=0&24=0&51=0&51=0&sidebarSearch_keypresses=0&sidebarSearch_suggested=0

Akzle
16th November 2012, 05:48
so far:

While you're at it can you ask them to force people to use the "incomplete engines" or the proper sub category for engine parts or incomplete engines? no? ok I'll fuck off.

I just wish they'd provide a multiple entry select box (which are INCREDIBLY FUCKING SIMPLE) for the bike brands so I could search all the brands I wanted and no others, rather than ONE.AT.A.FUCKING.TIME :brick::brick::brick:
is on the list.

It wouldn't work anyway, because of all the numpties that think it's clever to put a list of every bike brand and type as a "keyword" line at the end of their ad so it gets hits from people looking for something completely different. :crazy::crazy:
yeah, i hate those pricks. okay if similar bikes that i may not have considered.
but i think ol' yod's idea would cure that...

you can just manually edit the url and select whatever cc range you want :yes:

yeah, nah. fuck that. i'm talking about end-user-interface, not geeking it.