PDA

View Full Version : MOTO-NZ: Gareth is gone, business as usual. Move on, nothing to see here

davereid
10th November 2012, 16:17
Interim chair for Motorcycle Safety Advisory Council
Friday, 9 November 2012, 4:36 pm
Press Release: New Zealand Government

Hon Judith Collins
Minister for ACC

9 November 2012 Media Statement
Interim chair appointed to Motorcycle Safety Advisory Council

ACC Minister Judith Collins has today announced Mr Paul Searancke has been appointed to the role of interim Chair of the Motorcycle Safety Advisory Council (MSAC).

Mr Searancke replaces Dr Gareth Morgan, Chair of the Council since its inception in January 2011, who has stepped down to focus on other commitments.

“I would like to thank Dr Morgan, who is a passionate advocate for motorcyclists’ safety. Dr Morgan was instrumental in establishing the Council’s objectives and processes for developing and recommending targeted projects to ACC,” says Ms Collins.

“Mr Searancke is an equally passionate advocate, who I’m sure will draw on his considerable experience and expertise to help guide appropriate projects to fruition,” Ms Collins says.

Ms Collins is also calling for nominations for the role of permanent Chair.
“To register your interest, please contact the MSAC Secretariat at info@motonz.org.nz,” Ms Collins says.

Biography – Mr Searancke

Mr Searancke is the former deputy Chair of the MSAC. His background roles and activities include:

• Commissioner responsible for non-competitive motorcycle activities within Motorcycling NZ
• Member of the Health and Safety Commission
• Driving force behind the development of an MNZ Coaching/Training programme for motorcyclists, in conjunction with Sport NZ, Sport Tasman and ACC
• Member of the NZ Transport Agency Industry Consultative Group reviewing motorcycle rider licensing and testing requirements.

ENDS

Scuba_Steve
10th November 2012, 16:21
Well thats a start

Flip
10th November 2012, 16:37
Keep in mind they are the ACC owned loby group with motorcyclists not the other way around.

bogan
10th November 2012, 17:10
Good news that fucking muppet is gone, short of buying a bus for the next chair to run us down with, I doubt we could do much worse.

How busy is Stoney these days? :laugh:

Or better yet, Drew for president!

MadDuck
10th November 2012, 17:40
• Driving force behind the development of an MNZ Coaching/Training programme for motorcyclists, in conjunction with Sport NZ, Sport Tasman and ACC

What is this? Does anyone know?

James Deuce
10th November 2012, 17:43
Sport Tasman? Aren't they the crowd who teach cops to do U-Turns in the Buller Gorge?

Asher
10th November 2012, 19:49
So he stepped down from a job that basically consisted of doing nothing because hes too busy? I suppose that fucked up logic is what moto-nz is built around.

Berries
10th November 2012, 19:55
Too much black and not enough hi-viz if you ask me.

caseye
10th November 2012, 20:05
You wallies given any thought to the idea that he simply couldn't stomach ACC's directives???
Lets not forget that MOTO NZ is ACC's baby, not a lobby group for bikers, so please don't expect anything sensible to come from it at all.:yawn:

bogan
10th November 2012, 20:09
You wallies given any thought to the idea that he simply couldn't stomach ACC's directives???
Lets not forget that MOTO NZ is ACC's baby, not a lobby group for bikers, so please don't expect anything sensible to come from it at all.:yawn:

After reading a few of his opinion pieces (which had no official affiliation with motonz) I think he was in complete agreement with ACC's directives.

Crasherfromwayback
10th November 2012, 20:18
After reading a few of his opinion pieces (which had no official affiliation with motonz) I think he was in complete agreement with ACC's directives.

Nail-head.

imdying
10th November 2012, 20:24
Welcome back to the human race Gareth.

MadDuck
10th November 2012, 20:26

That's so funny. Thanks for the laugh. Signed "Wally"

nsrpaul
4th February 2013, 15:32
at least thats one less forum in which we can be subjected to that twats views on everything

Bald Eagle
4th February 2013, 15:48
Welcome back to the human race Gareth.

not sure he qualifies, isn't an IQ a pre-requisite for membership

Hitcher
4th February 2013, 16:36
The only time bikers should worry about this ACC-led organisation is when it starts doing dumb shit without actively engaging with bikers. It's not a representative body and wasn't set up to be so.