PDA

View Full Version : back riding...

DemonWolf
10th August 2005, 14:24
Greetings KB, Been reading the forum for the past 2 days, its great, good advice and everything. Love it!

I'm getting a Suzuki TL1000 98, tomorrow. I haven't ridden for about 7 years now... started off on a 100cc that my brother wiped out on.. he did some damage to his leg and never really got back into bikes. Anyway, it was a blast riding around King Country with a mate and his 125cc.. Had that for a few years before it decided to die on me.. then brought a Suzuki GS550, nice bike to ride, did alot of trips to Welly and the Naki. Wiped out on a corner that had some gravel on it, totalled... bout a year after that got a new Honda CBR250R but only had it for 6 months before a car wiped me out and totalled the bike. Haven't ridden a bike for about 7 years now.. very excited, but in saying that abit nervous as well. Broken my collar bone twice.. but I've always wanted to get back into bikes.. and.. tomorrow I'm taking a day off.. getting the bike.. getting some threads.. and riding!

zadok
10th August 2005, 14:30
Welcome to K.B DemonWolf. Good to see you getting back into it. Nice bike you're getting. :ride:

vifferman
10th August 2005, 14:36
Hiya, DemonWolf! :wavey: :spudwave:

Any relation to that other Wolf?
Welcome to the Kiwi Biker gargre. :Punk:

bugjuice
10th August 2005, 14:37
welcome to the site.. hope you enjoy the ride, picked a good time to get back into it!!
Some stories there sound familiar for me! Glad you're sticking with it tho

mikey
10th August 2005, 14:59
ill call the ambulance, wherew you goign to be riding?

Riff Raff
10th August 2005, 15:51
Welcome to KB :wavey: and back to the world of biking.

Hope you have a blast on your new bike. Just remember to take it easy for a bit while you get back into it (an hour should be about right!)

DemonWolf
10th August 2005, 18:36
Thanx Mikey... Will be riding in Taranaki. And yeah Riff Raff.. I'm gonna take it very easy.. (for the first hour!)

DemonWolf
12th August 2005, 10:21
hmmm.. sitting here in the office.. and I can see blue sky (with some very dark clouds wizzing by).. and all I'm thinking about is my bike! and how I'd love to ride it! Get some experience up... On the way to work, in the car pool, I was thinking how'd I'd take and this corner... hmmmm (next week.. I'm riding to work.. no more car pool for me!)

Sniper
12th August 2005, 11:05
Welcome DW. Dont worry bout Mikey, he's horrible to all new members until he gets to know you. Then he is a very lovable and affectionate guy.

Good luck with the riding and hope it all goes well

DemonWolf
12th August 2005, 11:07
Haha.. Cheers Zniper,

I already thought he was being affectionate.. he offered to get some help for me!

CPB
12th August 2005, 11:26
nice one demonwolf, got a TL in the garage at the moment, great for giggle factor...I'm still a few weeks away from gettting back on it though after a wee bit of surgery to correct a few loose bones...have a blast!!

DemonWolf
12th August 2005, 11:37
nice one demonwolf, got a TL in the garage at the moment, great for giggle factor...I'm still a few weeks away from gettting back on it though after a wee bit of surgery to correct a few loose bones...have a blast!!

Hey CPB.. what happened? Hope everything is back in place and good as new!

Smorg
12th August 2005, 15:35
Good stuff demon wolf just make sure you keep about a grand aside for any touch ups after mishaps (speaking from experience)

Thought i had it all together again after not riding for a while................turns out NOT!

Wolf
15th August 2005, 16:06
Hiya, DemonWolf! :wavey: :spudwave:

Any relation to that other Wolf?
Welcome to the Kiwi Biker gargre. :Punk:
What? No, I'm angelic, I am :devil2:

Welcome DemonWolf. Good you're getting back into riding.

DemonWolf
15th August 2005, 16:26
Cheerz Wolf.. its great. Need more practice.. especially cornering.. =) But its all good!

CPB
19th August 2005, 13:28
Hey DemonWolf, sorry I haven't replied sooner...I had to get my old collar bone plated and screwed, had an off in December which broke a few bits and bobs and our wonderful Health system decided to leave the collarbone for 6 months in case it healed on it's own...a dozen fracture clinics later...hahaha, the other breaks are all good now, so I'm just waiting for this freakin gash in my shoulder to heal up and I'm back in the riders seat!!!

DemonWolf
19th August 2005, 13:38
ahhh true.. I've broken (fractured) my collar bone a few times.. it didn't heal properly the last time.. went in to see if they could put it back right (before it completely healed!) but they told me it was too weak to bolt and I'll survive how it is.... well my right collar bone is slightly skewed and protudes out more than 'normal' meh. ah well, I'm back into riding and loving it! CPB dont roll over in bed!!! hahaha its a killer

CPB
19th August 2005, 13:45
Tell me about it mate!!!
6 months of completely broken collar bone...my two pieces had healed over without joining to each other, which was great for party tricks!! hahaha..they went in ground off the ends to expose all the good stuff, took a graft of bone goodies from my hip and shoved it up into my collar bone, and then plated and screwed the bits in place!!! bloody freak show..no one I've talked to has had success with this procedure...It feels worse now than when it was in two pieces...still early days yet..hopefully I'll be all good soon!!!

DemonWolf
19th August 2005, 13:49
Holy moly batman... that would have freakin hurt like bollocks when ya collar bone was healing like that (how the fruck did you sleep??)..

I was drugged up each night to get some sleep.. and I could still feel them grind at each other.. man I feel for ya

Hope ya get all healed up good and proper real soon!

DemonWolf
19th August 2005, 22:48
hmmmm... first pic of the bike....

DemonWolf
22nd August 2005, 11:06
Well after a week riding, I can say that with the help of Sensei (getting me on two rides over the weekend) that I'm definately improving and blowing the old cobwebs from the ol head. Cornering still needs some work.. but on sundays ride to whanga I can safely say (even though I was the back marker) that I made it..

yeah scared myself a couple times.. but its a learning experience.. =)

Done over 900k's last week... commute to work is 120k's + each day (or there abouts) and I'm loving it!

I think its good to push yourself... just do it safely! Don't exceed yourself too Often!

CPB
22nd August 2005, 14:30
Nice pics DemonWolf, Sounds like you're getting the km's up as well Good stuff!!! 120k commute to work on a bike, that's an awesome way to start the day!!! Unfortunately I 've got a huge, 5km, so it's really almost not worth starting the bike up, although what usually happens is that I go to or return from work the scenic way via Raglan...haha.

DemonWolf
22nd August 2005, 14:41
erm.. well its actually 120 total (there and back!) depends on the route.. but normally 63k's from Waitara to Kapuni (palmer rd).. or so.

So how many other TL1000 KB'ers? What tyres are you running? I'll be needing to change mine soon by the looks.

DemonWolf
23rd August 2005, 22:28
Whoops.. got my first speeding ticket on the TL tonite =/ Thought it was a 70K zone.. but they had rezoned it (4 years ago according to the officer.. but I dont believe him).. 33 over the 50k limit..

bugga =/

LB
24th August 2005, 02:58
Welcome to KB DemonWolf. Great to see people returning to two wheels again.

soundbeltfarm
24th August 2005, 06:40
Whoops.. got my first speeding ticket on the TL tonite =/ Thought it was a 70K zone.. but they had rezoned it (4 years ago according to the officer.. but I dont believe him).. 33 over the 50k limit..

bugga =/

thats gotta suck the kumara mate,

how many demerits do you get for that?

DemonWolf
24th August 2005, 07:32
hmmm.. I dunno... Looks like I'll be ringing up LTSA 0800 number to find out! -sigh-

meh, better search the forum for it =)

T.I.E
24th August 2005, 07:51
welcome demon. sounds like you have had your fair share of mishaps.
no more for you now.
take it easy and see ya out there sometime.

DemonWolf
24th August 2005, 09:08
Cheers T.I.E.. nice bike ya got there =)

CPB
25th August 2005, 11:51
Hey DemonWolf,
Not sure if my message worked earlier, I'll try and post them here...

DemonWolf
25th August 2005, 13:12
Nice...

So hows the bike after your 'off' ?

CPB
25th August 2005, 13:31
just waiting for some nice noisy and shiny cans and it'll be looking pretty again...cosmetic damage only...to the bike...LOL.

DemonWolf
26th August 2005, 06:17
Good to hear CPB =)