PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Exhaust price study

Quasievil
10th August 2005, 15:57
Hi all Im interested to know what the prices are for all the main brand exhausts, I could go into every freckin bike shop or attach a phone to my head for half a day but this is easier.
So what are the prices and your views on the performance of each brand.

Ive read a bit about the Remus brand, what are your thoughts on these.

Why is because I want one for my race bike possibly

Cheers and thanks

bugjuice
10th August 2005, 16:02
so are you wanting to know prices for pipes specific to your bike, or are you curious about all bikes?

Quasievil
10th August 2005, 16:06
so are you wanting to know prices for pipes specific to your bike, or are you curious about all bikes?

All bikes really, I have a cunning plan

vifferman
10th August 2005, 16:14
Hi all Im interested to know what the prices are for all the main brand exhausts, I could go into every freckin bike shop or attach a phone to my head for half a day but this is easier.
So what are the prices and your views on the performance of each brand.

Ive read a bit about the Remus brand, what are your thoughts on these.
I think you should attach a phone to your head for two-thirds of a day. Use superglue, nails or screws. :yes:
A guy who used to work here had an ex-race CBR600RRRRR, and it had a Remus can - very nice it was, with a nice tone, good finish, and not horrendously loud like the uncorked Satantune. :devil2:
Other brands - dunno. (See previous note about attaching phone etc.)

Firefight
10th August 2005, 16:19
hey Bret, got a Micron, got it from AMPs, main reason for getting it from them was the freindly service, great parking, lovely coffee ,yad yadi yada..

Well, no the truth is they let me put it on Amex :clap:

Most of the Kwaaski riders I have passed say it sounds pretty cool, they love the way they have tempoary hearing loss as I fly past them, almost like they were stationary :ride: .. :rofl:

Cost NZ$675.00, slipped right on, have not needed to fit power commanader thingy, fuel consumption about the same, seems more grunty in midrange(whatever that means), sounds good I guess?!

will be getting it swapped onto the new bike on Friday.

hope this helps, may stop by the track on the way home Friday to say gidday.

F/F

Lou Girardin
10th August 2005, 16:45
Microns vary greatly in price. Sorry I can't give you prices for all the options for all the bikes covered.
I'l try tomorrow. :no:

Brains
21st August 2005, 23:57
If you're wanting a yoshi, get it from the states, got a quote for one for my CBR, around about $1200 for a full system or $450 for the pipe only, compared to about a grand for the pipe only or $2500 for the full system, freight isn't really that much.

Good luck.

Big Dave
22nd August 2005, 02:45
Buy NZ made! - manufactured in Wellywood and top shelf product.
http://www.neptunemufflers.co.nz
Have them on the Trophy.

Custom Chambers in Auckland have a good rep too.
Putting one of theirs on the tbird next.

If it was a Triumph i would tell you prices.

CPB
23rd August 2005, 11:22
Have them on the Trophy.

Cheers Big Dave, I'm having some issues with the Hamilvegas crew sourcing 'a' pipe for my TL...I've sent Neptune an e-mail requesting a quote.

pritch
15th September 2005, 21:41
Termignoni, Arrow, Akropovic, Sato Racing, Devil, Yoshimura, Arata, Scorpion, Uncle Tom Cobbly and all have got web sites. Also check big US sellers like www.starcycle.com

You just might see something interesting...

Grumpy
16th September 2005, 20:27
Termignoni, Arrow, Akropovic, Sato Racing, Devil, Yoshimura, Arata, Scorpion, Uncle Tom Cobbly and all have got web sites. Also check big US sellers like www.starcycle.com

You just might see something interesting...

You left out Muzzy. Mike at Mt Eden Motorcycles is bringing them in. Very well priced too and excellent quality.

MD
17th September 2005, 08:46
Had Microns on 3 bikes, love the sound and not annoyingly too loud like some others. Best value usually but more importantly stainless steel lasts... Two Bros lose their shine and blow their baffles to bits every 6 months, rip off.
A 2 yr old Micron still looks brand new and that's the difference I like.
And some other kits don't seem to fit into the space like they belong, if you know what I mean, like a square peg forced to fit into a round hole, it looks cheap.

Fart
30th September 2005, 16:40
I have just ordered the Two Brothers Carbon slip on. Hopefully get in a a couple of weeks or so. Two Bros should have a grunty deep throat race baffle at low revs and scream at high revs. Cant wait to get it. :headbang:

Cost me around $750 including shipping from the States.

Zapf
30th September 2005, 19:18
Bought a Yoshi RS3 Stainless bolt on for my 750R $799 AUD. Less 5% discount and 10% Tax...

haven't put it on yet !!! :argh:

TLDV8
30th September 2005, 19:56
I got a Yoshimura Full System,stainless steel headers and mid pipes,high mount with Titainium Cans landed including Shipping and any Tax's NZ$1400..pic inside my profile.

marty
30th September 2005, 20:11
that's pretty good! i like the stainless headers. only got factory headers on mine, but they're hidden, so i just keep the cans shiny :)

cowpoos
26th October 2005, 18:56
arakapovic usually with the power game...I'll buy a full exhuast off them but at $3400 not so sure

Mumbles
26th October 2005, 19:16
Have them on the Trophy.

:psst: You can’t beat the service from Mark. I won’t buy any other aftermarket branded exhaust for any of my future bike/s (when the day comes) unless it’s from Mark at Neptune. His service is second to none!! Price is competitive and the quality and look is awesome. He will even give you the option on the noise level being quite or loud! Gave my ZXR750 another lease of life! :not: