PDA

View Full Version : Improvements for HD for 2006

White trash
10th August 2005, 16:31
A few great changes listed for 2006 models.

Most noteably, Dynaglides get a 6 speed transmission, two COOL new Dyna models. Softails get a wider swingarm to accomodate the factory 200 section rear tyre.

Clicky (http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewBikeCatalogue/2006/harley/intro.htm) for more details.

I'm liking the matt black Dyna immensly.

enigma51
10th August 2005, 16:33
still very gay though

Waylander
10th August 2005, 16:39
They'll also have to change the exhaust to fit under the new stricter sound and emissions restrictions comming down specifically for bikes in 2007.
Atleast for the US spec ones.

scumdog
11th August 2005, 00:15
Well kiss ma grits!!!

Didn't know they needed improving!! :whistle:

texmo
11th August 2005, 00:27
people buy these things?

scumdog
11th August 2005, 00:35
people buy these things?

Only those winners who are wise enough and wealthy enough. :whistle:

The rest buy "other brands" :whistle: :wait:

Mooch
11th August 2005, 00:43
A hahahaha , excuse me. :rofl: :rofl: :motu:

texmo
11th August 2005, 01:06
Sorry Mooch whats the punch line hereż

Mooch
11th August 2005, 01:12
Sorry Mooch whats the punch line hereż

Something about "winners" being Harley owners

texmo
11th August 2005, 01:16
oic sorry
HAHHAHAHAHAHAA
umm yer its 1:15am that my excuse for being behind the ball whats yours?

Mooch
11th August 2005, 01:46
Living in london , so it's mid afternoon , Surfing Kiwibiker and job sites

mattt
11th August 2005, 11:24
people buy these things?

Just to get their money's worth. 300kg of scrap metal :rofl:

Lou Girardin
11th August 2005, 11:27
With what Harley owners pay for their bikes, and I'm not just talking about initial price, I guess they've got the pick of bikes we just dream about.
Yet they still buy a Harley, funny that.

scumdog
11th August 2005, 11:37
With what Harley owners pay for their bikes, and I'm not just talking about initial price, I guess they've got the pick of bikes we just dream about.

Lou has a good point that slipped past me even.

Yep, a lot could buy any other bike for less $$$ but chose a Harley, each to their own again.

MOST of the time you buy the bike YOU want and can afford eh?

BTW(How many H-D knockers have (a) ever ridden one and (b) could afford one??).

Lou Girardin
11th August 2005, 12:42

Yep, a lot could buy any other bike for less $$$ but chose a Harley, each to their own again.

If you were working the Auck motorways, I'd probably slip past quite often. (Stealth filterer) :rofl:

Big Dave
11th August 2005, 12:58
I'm liking the matt black Dyna immensly.

The all black street rod pushes my buttons (if they sort the brake lever for tall people).

Mooch
11th August 2005, 13:02

A, Never riden one , Shouldn't knock em , Twin after all, just not me at this stage. Still getting over youth , maybe when I'm 60.
B, Some models , not those exotic 80 k versions though.

gav
11th August 2005, 20:53
When are HD building this? HD Vrod street chop....

Pixie
12th August 2005, 10:40
You can't forget your job as an accountant/lawyer,and pretend to be a badassed outlaw biker on any other bike

Pixie
12th August 2005, 10:42
Nice thing about HD to me is that they improve rather than replace their bikes.Sure you get new models poping up but if you liked the 57 sportster you can still buy a bike that's obviously from the same line today.
Same goes for their touring bikes,their the same sort of bike today as they were way back,just up dated.Ducati seems to be doing a similar thing with their modern classics.Look basicaly the same as the early 70s bikes but up graded to todays standards.For dino's that liked what was an can't see a reason for change,these bikes rock. :cool:
Yeesss,in marketing circles it's called selling old tat to the suckers

Bonez
12th August 2005, 18:43
Nice thing about HD to me is that they improve rather than replace their bikes.Sure you get new models poping up but if you liked the 57 sportster you can still buy a bike that's obviously from the same line today.
Same goes for their touring bikes,their the same sort of bike today as they were way back,just up dated.Ducati seems to be doing a similar thing with their modern classics.Look basicaly the same as the early 70s bikes but up graded to todays standards.For dino's that liked what was an can't see a reason for change,these bikes rock. :cool:
Hate to burst ya bubble JR but they ARE different bikes. Look similar maybe.

RON SOAK
12th August 2005, 18:48
Improvements!
What! Are harley stopping production!
:rofl:

Bonez
12th August 2005, 19:08
Yeesss,in marketing circles it's called selling old tat to the suckersHave a guy at work who would'nt touch anything later than a panheads I think it is, or maybe it was shovelheads. Found the term knucklehead quite amusing as I was being educated on things "Harley". Recons anything Evo and later aint REAL harleys :drinkup: Apperently he was one of the first Harley owners in the Manawatu, even had his bikes in EasyRider and has pics to varify this. Quite easy to wind him up :mad: Nice bloke. Oh and one observation he made rcently was that one, if they wish, could create a "Harley" out of an aftermarket brochure without using any genuine "Harley" parts. :rofl:

hondacmx450
12th August 2005, 19:45
the only good harley is a buell

Bonez
13th August 2005, 16:06
Oh yeah I forgot,their not push rod V twins anymore,are they?
FFS. :violin:Sorta like 1979 DOHC Hondas being the same as 2005 DOHC
Hondas ah. :rofl:

SixPackBack
13th August 2005, 16:25
Bashing brands ends in bloody noses every time, behave boys and girls, bikes are bikes.....each to there own, respect an all that shit :hitcher:

RDJ
13th August 2005, 17:48
I see the therapy potential of this forum section is being exploited to the full again... as one assumes some posters can't have a Harley and deal with their sense of loss by slagging off Harley riders. Otherwise why say it in this section?

Bit of a shame really. I'd wanted a Harley for literally decades before I could afford one, but always liked my Japanese bikes while I had them. Why, exactly, do some riders sneer at others' choices of ride?

RDJ
14th August 2005, 00:09
Same here mate.
Loved every bike I've ever owned.
Now I think this is not the place for me.
Just to open minded for the narrow minded fleas here.
Might see you on the road some time.
Cheers.

Yep, likewise, cheers mate.

scumdog
14th August 2005, 01:43
Yep, time us 'older' ones lead the way to show tolerance and maturity?

(but a bit of leg-pulling never goes amiss!!) :motu:

RDJ
14th August 2005, 01:59
Absolutely. After all (as I once heard someone say) "The Older I get, the Faster I was...." :chase:

mstriumph
14th August 2005, 01:59
.....provided peoples can tell the differnce, of course ...................... :oi-grr:
Yep, time us 'older' ones lead the way to show tolerance and maturity? :ride:

(but a bit of leg-pulling never goes amiss!!) :motu:

Bonez
14th August 2005, 08:08
Yep, time us 'older' ones lead the way to show tolerance and maturity?

Never !!

(but a bit of leg-pulling never goes amiss!!) :motu: Amen to that :devil2:

Bagster
8th September 2005, 21:52

Not to mention the fact that a 15 year old Harley is still selling for almost as much as it was new. Check out the devaluation on your bike lately Lou?? :rofl:

Lou Girardin
9th September 2005, 08:52
Not to mention the fact that a 15 year old Harley is still selling for almost as much as it was new. Check out the devaluation on your bike lately Lou?? :rofl:

No, but I dropped $600 on my RF when I traded it after 2 years.
Horrendous!
Those Suzukis sure lose value. :devil2:

Bagster
9th September 2005, 23:01
No, but I dropped $600 on my RF when I traded it after 2 years.
Horrendous!
Those Suzukis sure lose value. :devil2:
They do if you are the poor unfortunate who paid $17k for one and then find that Suzuki NZ have decided to dump a whole lot of Canadian RF models on the market for $9995 as happened a few years ago :dodge:
Good old Suzuki and their summer bargains (read stock they can't move "so lets slash the price and never mind the resale value of second hand models)

HenryDorsetCase
10th September 2005, 23:27
They do if you are the poor unfortunate who paid $17k for one and then find that Suzuki NZ have decided to dump a whole lot of Canadian RF models on the market for $9995 as happened a few years ago :dodge:
Good old Suzuki and their summer bargains (read stock they can't move "so lets slash the price and never mind the resale value of second hand models)

Its not just Suzuki who did/do that: the first brand new bike I ever bought was a 1988 Honda GB400, from Sawyer Honda in Wellington. About 2 months (i.e. 2 payments :( after I got it, they reduced the price from $4299 that I had paid to $3899. Since I had decided I didnt like it by this stage, and was trying to trade it, that reduced my trade in price significantly. Scarred me, it did. And put me off Hondas until 2003 when I purchased a 1972 CB750K2.

to get back on track, I must be watching too much TV, cos H-D are starting to look cool to me, and since its one of the few widely available bike brands I havent ridden.....

maybe itll allow me to forget my day job, and pretend to be bad-ass for a while.

Canterbury's Jesse James ??? (somehow I doubt it)