PDA

View Full Version : Triumph profit dip

Bob
23rd November 2012, 03:02
Triumph has seen a profit dip. In the 12 months to 30th June, Triumph reported profits of GBP 15.7 million (from sales worth GBP 342.3 million), against profits of GBP 22.3 million over the previous 12 months.

The dip is partly down to lower sales income, along with additional investment in Research and Development (up from GBP 22m to GBP 24m), as the company looks to include small-capacity models for booming markets such as India (where Triumph already has manufacturing facilities).

Flip
23rd November 2012, 15:53
Aparently Triumph have had tp supply some of the parts that their customers have had on order for longer than 12 months and the costs have impacted their bottom line.

Owl
29th November 2012, 06:10
Aparently Triumph have had tp supply some of the parts that their customers have had on order for longer than 12 months

Oh did you finally get your part then?:shutup:

I guess I shouldn't laugh. My bike is broken and I'm still waiting for a part.:facepalm:

dogsnbikes
29th November 2012, 06:24

I guess I shouldn't laugh. My bike is broken and I'm still waiting for a part.:facepalm:

Oh do tell...... Actually lm waiting on a speedo cable been a month soo far :yawn:

Owl
29th November 2012, 06:31
Hey Barry. Stator has died and taken the Shorai battery with it. New stator on its way from Ricks Motorsport Electrics in the US.

dogsnbikes
29th November 2012, 08:27
Bugger Mate hope you got it a good price cost me $311 3 years ago when I put a 1050 stator in the Daytona.

Owl
29th November 2012, 11:10
Bout $250 including freight and cover gasket, so not too bad.

Maha
29th November 2012, 13:20
What Triumph need is spankin' new fully faired 1050 Daytona, sales will steadily climb to be sure!
Like here ---->> http://www.triumphchepassione.com/daytona-1050-prototipo.htm
But rework the arse end, it needs a tweak here and there....and polished rims.

Flip
29th November 2012, 19:55

No im still waiting for Triumph to supply the parts I have paid for. :shutup:

Madness
29th November 2012, 20:11
What Triumph need is spankin' new fully faired 1050 Daytona, sales will steadily climb to be sure!
Like here ---->> http://www.triumphchepassione.com/daytona-1050-prototipo.htm
But rework the arse end, it needs a tweak here and there....and polished rims.

Cans & a tail tidy would be enough. Take the side panels from the first pic & stick it to the nose from the second one & you'd have a stunner.

dogsnbikes
30th November 2012, 21:37
Bloody hell after over a month waiting for a speedo cable to be deliverd the parts boy basically told them to :motu: and how useless the supllier is...

"go the parts boy":woohoo:

So I made one phone call to VGCspares today left a message and got a email back tonight saying he has a new one in stock $62.50 delivered......:yes:

Flip
2nd December 2012, 13:01
Only a month, give the useless morons a chance. I have been waiting since 2005 for my parts to turn up.

Triumph NZ the only reason I don't own a Triumph these days.

yod
2nd December 2012, 13:04
No wonder they're charging $40k for the new Trophy

Flip
2nd December 2012, 14:58

They should just give the bike away! Which part of the bike is $40k?

I broke a headlight on the road king. Went to the local dealer who looked up the part number and asked was it the jeweled, patterned or smoke glass? I said it was the plain, what they call jeweled glass. They went out back got the headlight and said thats $74. It also came with a new headlight bulb.

Every time I see a nice new triumph I feel sorry for the owner, as I know what he is going to go through.

Flip
5th December 2012, 18:49
If triumph NZ would like to supply me with the parts that I have paid for amd an explination and applogy why they took so long to arive I would let the matter drop.

Owl
8th December 2012, 08:35

Think I'd rather pay for the overpriced BMW. Makes the FJR or Concours look far more appealing...if you're into that?

yod
8th December 2012, 16:02
Think I'd rather pay for the overpriced BMW. Makes the FJR or Concours look far more appealing...if you're into that?

Actually, since we're on the subject of expensive beemers, what about these?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=511359249

Owl
8th December 2012, 16:43
Actually, since we're on the subject of expensive beemers, what about these?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=511359249

Yuck....looks like a transformer with a bashed in skull. Still like the K1300S though!

yod
8th December 2012, 18:51
Yuck....looks like a transformer with a bashed in skull. Still like the K1300S though!

Yeah, I like the S and the R, the GT and the old LT are a bit tea 'n' bikkies tho....

Flip
13th January 2013, 10:38
I had a old Trophy 1200. Loved the bike did 80,000k on it. I would seriously consider a new Trophy, the only problem is the stealer network are (IMHO) lying theiving criminals. Why would I buy a $40k top of the line motorcycle and have to take on all the responsibility of being the dealer?

Marmoot
13th January 2013, 15:44
I didn't know much about Triumph, so I thought I'd have a look at their website (http://www.triumph.com/nz/en/index_pc.html).
Turns out their newest models are not very exciting and their colour selection is rather bland.

Owl
13th January 2013, 17:23
Turns out their newest models are not very exciting and their colour selection is rather bland.

Maybe Triumph riders don't want to ride something that looks like a circus.:bleh: