PDA

View Full Version : KTM LC4 review

Bob
25th November 2012, 04:12
The KTM LC4 is getting a bit old in the tooth now, but that didn’t stop Kevin Turner paying over the odds for a far from mint example. Why? Because “I’m an idiot who didn’t do his research properly” (his words) . Over to you Kevin...

When I begrudgingly sold my Honda SP-2 due to a sad lack of use, I knew two things: I didn’t need another sports bike sitting alongside my Ninja; and I didn’t want to keep bouncing the Ninja over London’s speed bump-infested streets. I figured if I was going to ride around one of the richest nations on Earth, I was going to need a bike designed for the Dakar.

Click here for the rest of the review (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/ktmlc4.htm)

I can now say that the KTM is a great city commuter, a decent motorway mule, and terrific fun away from the Tarmac. At a mere nine litres, the tank is a pretty small, although it does give me around 45 miles to the gallon, and first gear could do with being a tad longer, but otherwise I couldn’t be happier. Of course, if I’d done my homework beforehand I could have saved myself a lot of hassle and even more cash.