PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator knocks drunken biker cold

Bob
10th August 2005, 23:41
Only in America… a man, riding his motorcycle while under the influence of alcohol, was knocked off when he rode straight into… a refrigerator!

"(Witnesses) advised that they were at the traffic light and saw something flying in the air. As they approached the scene, they saw a motorcycle lying in the roadway by a refrigerator," reported Elkhart Cpl. Terry Chmiel. The witnesses helped move the fridge out of the way.

The rider was found in a nearby parking lot, smelling of alcohol. It later turned out he was drunk and also had a fractured collarbone as well as requiring stitches in his leg. He was arrested for being drunk in charge of a vehicle.

The area of the crash was well lit (like the suspect, said a witness!), according to the police report, though it offered no explanation how the refrigerator roadblock got there.

Ixion
11th August 2005, 00:51
[shrug]. More whiteware. I once tootled round a corner and found there was a bathtub smack in the middle of my lane . Fortunately it was stationary, so I managed to ride round it. (There was neither water nor bather in it)

I have every expectation that one day I'll round a corner and find a washing machine awaiting me

(Got chased down the road by a boat once , too, but that's another story)

texmo
11th August 2005, 01:18
tell the story i have nothing but time here.

Ixion
11th August 2005, 01:23
tell the story i have nothing but time here.

A boat chased me down Onewa Road once.

Going up the Highbury hill, behind a small truck (Austin A40 or something like that) with a small boat (the next size up from a dinghy, I'm not into boats so don't ask me what sort), just sitting on the flatbed of the truck.

Truck is motoring uphill as fast as such a vehicle can

Watching this boat very dubiously because the bow bit of the boat is significantly hanging over the back of the truck , ie the flatbed wasn't as long as the boat , when truck hits a bump (this was years ago, the road wasn't as good as it is now).

Sure enough the boat parts company with the truck (quite slowly, sort of slid off the back), and starts sliding dwn the hill toward me.

Not really hard to avoid, it slid slowly and predictably, and soon stopped.

But I also blinked at the thought of explaining it to the police .

(Truckie realised what had happened, stopped, doors opened, three big Maori blokes leaped out. "Sorry mate, you OK" . Between the four of us we shoved the boat back up onto the truck and off they went)

The adventures I used to have !

I want to meet Mr Ten Characters. Alone.

Motu
11th August 2005, 07:27
Oops - I used to carry my 14ft tinny on the back of my A40 pick up....yep,not a good fit.But I never took it over the Shore,and never lost it off the back...so wasn't me!

James Deuce
11th August 2005, 07:31
14ft tinny. That would be a quiet night's entertainment of sleeping hippies and laidback Rastas with the munchies.

You used to be able carry the darndest things on your Austin in the "Old Days". Weapons. 10kg of marihuana. I was born at the wrong time.

Lou Girardin
11th August 2005, 12:44
Goaddamn refrigerators. I'll bet there wasn't a sign up either.

bugjuice
11th August 2005, 12:48
he was probably going for more beer... no one thought of that..??

:ride: mmmmm more beer. look! fridge! more :drinkup:. fuk! brakes!!!!! bang. :rofl:

pyrocam
11th August 2005, 14:20
Austraila are bringing out new road signs for that

Lou Girardin
11th August 2005, 14:36
Austraila are bringing out new road signs for that

Interesting sig. Ever been to Lesbia?

kerryg
11th August 2005, 14:45

Are you thinking of the island of Lesbos, Lou....or are you thinking of the other place, called Labia.....(and if the latter which of the 2: there's the big one, Majorca...no..that's Majoris....and the lesser one ...Cli...no..Minoris)....??? :devil2:

pyrocam
12th August 2005, 10:42
yes, 4 months ago, great time. too many queers thou

DemonWolf
12th August 2005, 10:46
hahahaa... thats some funny shiz!~

Zapf
12th August 2005, 23:53
he was probably going for more beer... no one thought of that..??

:ride: mmmmm more beer. look! fridge! more :drinkup:. fuk! brakes!!!!! bang. :rofl:

someone forgot to open the fridge door...