PDA

View Full Version : Fork shims

Danger
11th August 2005, 08:29
Anyone know of a good place to buy fork shims in NZ? Seems to be a reluctance from some suspension tweakers to sell these to joe public.

Pancakes
11th August 2005, 10:50
Craig Brown at Colemans Suzuki, K'rd Aucks, has lines up some seals for my GN and has even written down the weight and volume of oil I need to put back in to get a nice ride. Give them a bell on 09 303 1786.

Danger
11th August 2005, 11:18
Yeah thanks, Craigs a good guy and I have bought a few shims from him. However I feel I'm being a bit of a pain buying a few shims of him at a time as I need them, and sometimes it means a couple of trips as he is too busy to dig them out straight away. A phone call for a few shims just takes him away from his work. I sense a reluctance for something as minor as a few $ of shims and I understand that. These guys also don't want anyone really doing their own work. I don't mind buying them in packs of ten or whatever. Where are these guys getting them from? If there was somewhere I could make an order direct that would be the ideal situation.

Brian d marge
11th August 2005, 17:28
Which Is what I have been doing all day fitted a harder spring 5.6kg/mm and I think me preload is a little soft as I have been doing flying Ws off the Jumps all day today ...:rofl: ,,,,..anyway fork shims ... I use Racetech the NZ distributor is ....
Here (http://www.racetech.com/cdsearch.asp?showPage=dirt)

I am in Japan so havent used this guy ... but for the small stuff they have been ok ...bigger Stuff like the spring ,,,Honda is actually cheaper ...(9000 yen for the 5,6kg/mm compared with 109 plus postage from Race tech america)

Stephen

Danger
11th August 2005, 19:14
Thanks Stephen. I'll give them a try.