PDA

View Full Version : Registration

Quaker
23rd December 2002, 20:11
I know everyones heard, but if the ACC gets its new bill through government we( who rise bikes) will be stuck with a bill somewhere in the area of $350.00 odd dollars.
I will post the internent address tomorrow for acutal docment tomorrow. Unless someone beats me to it.
I know there is some protests going on at the moment, but I was wondering if there is anything someone might be involved in or is thinking about helping in the fight that I or someone else can help in.
I will so sucome to the pressure of ACC and get a car if this happens.
I spend so much on my bike as there is.
I've riden a bike as primary transportion for about 8 years now, giving it up is not what I want to do.
How can we stop this?.....

SPman
24th December 2002, 07:36
The ACC levy remains the same next year as it is this year. - ie not good, but not as bad as we feared, due to intensive active lobbying on the part of BRONZ, Ullysses and bikers everywhere.
Check out this link for current info.
http://www.ulysses.org.nz/wwwbbs/config.pl

Quaker
27th December 2002, 18:41
Cheers for that link, Ulysses has quite a comprehensive list of updates.

http://www.acc.co.nz/productslevies/news/motor-vehicle-levies-from-1-july-2002/

The link was down with regards to the statistics on motorcycle injuries.

My favoite part was I quote......

"Motorcycles do not consume as much petrol as a standard vehicle and are therefore not bearing the full costs of injuries for their class".

.....I guess if we all start riding more they will keep it the same?

I could step it up a bit.......

bikerboy
29th December 2002, 12:55
Am I the only one who thinks the government is out of control? why don't we get to vote on these things? They seem to be punishing the wrong people.. if you drive a gas guzzling four wheeled hippopotomus (i) you pay less for Acc, etc. Are they going to start acessing each accident for fault to be fair, or just penalize the minority!?

Why don't they reward the bikers and smaller more efficient cars and penalized the dinosaurs of the roads? :argh:

wari
29th December 2002, 18:10
Well essentially they like the gas guzzlers coz they contribute more tax dollars to the coffers ... good to see another biker getting wound up about this , coz we all need to be.

Did you hear about the ACC protest ride that was held recently ?

bluninja
9th January 2003, 10:06
errr...my bike is less economical than a family hatch...does that mean I should take my petrol receipts along and ask for an ACC refund :D

BTW rather than JUST fighting the ACC levy rise, what is being done by ACC to reduce the risk of injury to motorcyclists ? We have been told that as it's no blame, the costs are rising to cover for the treat ment of motorcycle injuries regardless of cause. Since most injuries result from the actions of other road users (says he without actually looking at the figures:eek: ) what are they doing to stop this happening ? Saw a pic in yesterdays NZ Herald of 4 MPs and partners heading off on their bikes for a South Island tour or something. Does anyone know their views on this and whether they will apply pressure on behalf of other bikers ? Or am I dreaming that MPs would stand up for something they believe in.

TTFN

inlinefour
15th January 2005, 15:14
I know everyones heard, but if the ACC gets its new bill through government we( who rise bikes) will be stuck with a bill somewhere in the area of $350.00 odd dollars.
I will post the internent address tomorrow for acutal docment tomorrow. Unless someone beats me to it.
I know there is some protests going on at the moment, but I was wondering if there is anything someone might be involved in or is thinking about helping in the fight that I or someone else can help in.
I will so sucome to the pressure of ACC and get a car if this happens.
I spend so much on my bike as there is.
I've riden a bike as primary transportion for about 8 years now, giving it up is not what I want to do.
How can we stop this?.....

there will become the time when that price will be accepted and then it goes up again :shit: