PDA

View Full Version : Bike Rider Magazine Summer Series 2013

speights_bud
19th December 2012, 08:15
Hey Guys,

Entries are out for the Bike Rider Magazine Summer Series 2013, hosted by Pacific Motorcycle Club

Dates are:

Round 1 Manfeild
Track Day Saturday 12th January 2013
Race Day Sunday 13th January 2013

Round 2 Taupo
Track Day Saturday 9th February 2013 (week before Paeroa)
Race Day Sunday 10th February 2013

Round 3 Manfeild
Track Day Saturday 20th April 2013
Race Day Sunday 21st April 2013

Attached are club membership forms and entry forms.

See you there!

ENTRY FORM

CLUB MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION

miper
19th December 2012, 12:35
Hey there.
Just wondering if Pre89 will be senior and junior or as per the MNZ website F1,F2,F3 format.

Thanks in advance to all for putting the efforts in to run a series.

VCheers

speights_bud
19th December 2012, 16:08
After much discussion and work getting the Entry forms signed off we intend to run as Junior and Senior as we have in Previous years.
The class will be divided as follows :

Pre 89 Junior: Up to 600cc
Pre 89 Senior: 601cc to 1300cc

To bring you up to speed on other matters such as the removal of our "Asian bikes class" I will post comments made in another forum and agreed with By Billy.

In Response to no longer running the "Asian Bikes class":

"As i understand it MNZ are also looking into making changes in how BEARS runs. Mostly given the speed differentials which are becoming ever increasing with the new Bears eligible bikes (ie the BMW 1000's). It is being taken into consideration that the BEARS class may be split into a senior and junior class. This would allow the Asian bikes to be run in the same format, while keeping speed alike bikes in the same races. Doing the same for Post classic would mean clubs can still run two races instead of having to squeeze more races into a day, with points covering 3 separate classes in each race.

Again this is just something to consider that may be looked into for safety reasons next year, It's not necessarily about "Asian bikes" being the problem, it has been acknowledged that the BEARS class also needs looking at for the same safety reasons and until MNZ has had the chance to fully explore the options we will run in the traditional format as set out in the Entry form."

With that said, we are considering that Post classics "senior & Junior" may also be split along the same lines across two races to keep bikes with alike speeds together. Nothing is set in concrete and as stated above the classes are being considered due to safety reasons and options need to be fully explored before we continue with any changes in 2014.

Tony.OK
19th December 2012, 17:50
Hmmmm...........day licences too.......that could get me in trouble with her indoors!

speights_bud
19th December 2012, 19:58
Go on, you know you want to, track days are super cheap too!
$50 Pac club members
$60 non Pac club members!

CHOPPA
19th December 2012, 20:14
BEARS class is a bit of a joke now really. The BEARS meeting down south is quite good though

Better to have a singles, twins and triples class IMO

Mental Trousers
19th December 2012, 20:23
BEARS class is a bit of a joke now really. The BEARS meeting down south is quite good though

Better to have a singles, twins and triples class IMO

Singles + Twins + Triples in one class and the rest in their own class.

speights_bud
20th December 2012, 12:23
Look what arrived today!

This 2013 Summer series we have 4X FREE 12 Issue Subscriptions to Bike Rider Magazine to give away AND a Handful of T-shirts too!

No excuses for not coming to Riders Briefing now!, get entered ASAP to get in with a chance!

Once again a Big Thanks to Bike Rider Magazine for their support :)

MarcusWyatt
7th January 2013, 14:08
Is there a fax number I can use to get my entry form submitted?

speights_bud
7th January 2013, 14:16
Is there a fax number I can use to get my entry form submitted?

Hi sorry no there is not, you can always use the 'Add text/edit text' Function in Acrobat reader and e-mail it through. Failing that send it by snail mail and also send the details by e-mail to the address provided

Shorty_925
10th January 2013, 14:49
Round 1 this weekend, never to late to get your entry in.

neil_cb125t
10th January 2013, 17:56
We'll be there - come down and have a look at the ZX650r in action;)

quickbuck
11th January 2013, 17:07
We'll be there - come down and have a look at the ZX650r in action;)

And the Tema Air Force Racing 250 Production Racer.
Thanks to ProRider for paying for the entry to the Series.