PDA

View Full Version : CB900 69WSH anyone know the owner?

aucklandrider
26th December 2012, 22:47
Hey guys i purchased a Honda CB900 Rego 69WSH minus a key (damn the chipped technology) anyone know the owner of this bike if you could flick me a pm would be appreciated iam sure i could manage a box o beer for a reward

GTRMAN
27th December 2012, 08:20
Hey guys i purchased a Honda CB900 Rego 69WSH minus a key (damn the chipped technology) anyone know the owner of this bike if you could flick me a pm would be appreciated iam sure i could manage a box o beer for a reward

I'm sure you could take it to a dealer with proof of ownership and get a new key.....

Rhys
27th December 2012, 08:41
You brought a bike without a key?

Didn't get it at the pub did you :bash:

Most key cutting services can code keys, don't know if they need the original

spanner spinner
28th December 2012, 20:11
You brought a bike without a key?

Didn't get it at the pub did you :bash:

Most key cutting services can code keys, don't know if they need the original

Yep you need any working orginal key to code any new honda keys, have done lots of these easy if you have a key.

Hope the cb900 was cheap as if you can't find a key it's new matched ECU & key time, not a cheap option

aucklandrider
28th December 2012, 22:40
Yep you need any working orginal key to code any new honda keys, have done lots of these easy if you have a key.

Hope the cb900 was cheap as if you can't find a key it's new matched ECU & key time, not a cheap option

yeah guys in ausi can pull apart the ecu and program keys just a hassle if theres a key floating round somewhere for it be a lot easier!

SMOKEU
29th December 2012, 17:48
Back in the good old days you'd just use a screwdriver.

gammaguy
29th December 2012, 17:54
Ride it like you stole it

imdying
30th December 2012, 12:19
Often American models are sans HISS, so just use one of their ECUs.

davereid
30th December 2012, 19:37

Officially you can't get it from the NZTA. They say all hush hush etc.

But actually, they never decline an application for ownership history as long as it meets certain criteria.

Claim you manage a carpark and it was illegally parked and you want to send the man an (illegal and unenforceable) private parking ticket.

Just claim a date when the last chap was the registered person.

Claim you have an insurance claim against him. Same date.

Claim you may want to offer finance on the vehicle and even though there is no link between registration and ownership you want the vehicles ownership er registration history.

Basically, as long as you claim there is MONEY at risk, they will give you his details, and all the other owners too, even if they have opted out.

In fact, if you claim you need to do it lots they will give you direct access to the motor vehicle register, without any need to even apply, as long as you pay the fee.

pritch
2nd January 2013, 09:07
I seem to recall getting a speech about keys when I bought my 919, but it's a while ago now. There were a total of four keys made although not all were sold with the bike. IIRC it was possible to get a replacemant - thereafter it was new ECU time.

Talk to a Honda dealer and get the facts before you spend any hard earned. If you can get the history of the bike the original dealer could have a record of the key number.

hellokitty
3rd January 2013, 07:20
Check with the dealer/person you got it from... there are people out there (like me) who turn up 6 months after their bike was sold at the shop, to give spare keys found at home. I have seen the salesmen throw them in a drawer... you never know, there may be a pile of unclaimed keys that the shop has no idea who owns what..

Conquiztador
3rd January 2013, 10:13
Officially you can't get it from the NZTA. They say all hush hush etc.

But actually, they never decline an application for ownership history as long as it meets certain criteria.

Claim you manage a carpark and it was illegally parked and you want to send the man an (illegal and unenforceable) private parking ticket.

Just claim a date when the last chap was the registered person.

Claim you have an insurance claim against him. Same date.

Claim you may want to offer finance on the vehicle and even though there is no link between registration and ownership you want the vehicles ownership er registration history.

Basically, as long as you claim there is MONEY at risk, they will give you his details, and all the other owners too, even if they have opted out.

In fact, if you claim you need to do it lots they will give you direct access to the motor vehicle register, without any need to even apply, as long as you pay the fee.

The above information is concerning. But also backs my decision of never having a vehicle registered to my home.

davereid
4th January 2013, 07:22
The above information is concerning. But also backs my decision of never having a vehicle registered to my home.

Its entirely true.

The MOT gave a massive list of people access to the register for those that had NOT opted out.

Then last year the NZTA provided a backdoor, calling it a "streamlined application" for the personal information of those who HAD opted out.

And the criteria I listed are correct.

Conquiztador
4th January 2013, 08:23
Its entirely true.

The MOT gave a massive list of people access to the register for those that had NOT opted out.

Then last year the NZTA provided a backdoor, calling it a "streamlined application" for the personal information of those who HAD opted out.

I am sure that somewhere in their small byreaucratic minds decisions like this make perfect sense in a "this will make our work easier" way. I expect that soon having your vechicles registered to any other address than your home will be an offense punished by a fine and demerit points. Punishment is after all the preferred solution to all issues regarding non-compliance when it comes to vehicles in NZ, making our police nothing more than revenue collectors. Bring on the revolution!

breakaway
4th January 2013, 23:09
At least it stops the plebeian from getting the details.

Just like bike lock. Only stops the plebeians & opportunists.

Road kill
6th January 2013, 09:02
Its entirely true.

Provided "you" lie through your fucking teeth huh.

Makes one wonder what else you get up to.<_<

davereid
6th January 2013, 09:39
Provided "you" lie through your fucking teeth huh.

Makes one wonder what else you get up to.<_<

There are dozens of people with this backdoor access to the register, and they make hundreds of thousands of enquirys every year.
I don't know if they lied on their applications or not.

I merely outlined the criteria for getting backdoor access to the register.

Anyone who files an MR31 saying they want to steal the Harley they saw, or meet the pretty blond in the BMW will be declined.

But if they say the pretty blond backed into them in the car park, they will be given her details.

So the register is still wide open to those who are prepared to lie.

I don't think it should be like that, I think the register should be available only for law enforcement.

So don't be pissed with me, I'm not the one selling your rego details.

But you can bet the gangs would be prepared to lie, in fact I'd be surprised if they don't already have full access for "towing" or "car parking enforcement" or "debt collection" or any of the other reasons that the NZTA have approved for full access.