PDA

View Full Version : CBR speed limiter?

jmctav
4th January 2013, 10:58
hiya,
im after some info on how to remove the speed limiter on my 2000 honda cbr600 f4 (carb model).
it has a limiter that cuts in at 200kmh.
iv asked around but knowone can give me a solid answer..please help!

FJRider
4th January 2013, 11:10
Something like this ... maybe .. ;)

http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/revolution-pro-bike-speed-rev-limiter-cdi-box/honda/cbr600-f4i

spanner spinner
4th January 2013, 16:18
NZ model CDI and loom, or get a speedo healer and set it to read 1/2 true speed. This is the cheapest way I have found to fool the speed cut out and I have worked on many diffrent jap import bikes. check out this link for details http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

the other link sent in the earier reply is a rpm disable which will not defeat the speed cut out

ducatilover
4th January 2013, 16:26
Three wires behind/in the speedo unit, two need to be twisted together
Other way is finding which of those wirse runs to the cdi unit, then ground that from the cdi via a variable resistor (same resistance as the circuit in the speedo, 10kOhm for most Kawasaki from memory, not sure about a Honda)

caspernz
4th January 2013, 20:23
Oh c'mon now, where in the Bay of Plenty is there a hill steep and long enough to get a CBR600 of that vintage over 200 clicks?? :yawn::sweatdrop

carburator
4th January 2013, 21:58
first question, is your speedo cable driven or electronic..
if cable driven, inside the speedo is a set of hall effect sensors that the speedo needle moves.
( its not a case of twisting wires together as they read a two sector disc related to the TPS )
and tells the CDI what to do..

spanner spinner
5th January 2013, 14:30
first question, is your speedo cable driven or electronic..
if cable driven, inside the speedo is a set of hall effect sensors that the speedo needle moves.
( its not a case of twisting wires together as they read a two sector disc related to the TPS )
and tells the CDI what to do..

I use to own one of these bikes speedo is not cable driven, speed sensor is a hall affect sensor that counts the teeth on a gear on the gearbox out put shaft. To futher emphasise the point do not twist a pile of wires together as this does not work. The cdi shares a input with the speedo from the out put of the speedo sensor to set the speed cut out speed, the speed cut out is built into the CDI and has nothing to do with the speedo. I set up two track day bikes of this model and the speed cut out will still work with no dash fitted. Disconecting the speedo sensor input to the CDI will some times cause the cdi to go into safe mode which restricts the rpm range to half normal rpm (ie rev limiter will come in at 5000rpm rather than 10000rpm) could be worth a try if you only want to fool it for track days etc. This is why the speedo healer is a good option as the cdi is still getting the input it expects but running it to show half speed allows you to get to 400kph before the speed cut out operates. The speedo healer is easy to convert between 1/2 speed and normal speed so it is easy to flick the switch back to show normal speed for road use.

jmctav
7th January 2013, 17:59
Sweet thanks, ill look into the speedo healer and see how i go.