PDA

View Full Version : Where can I purchase a fork brace?

Coops'
4th January 2013, 20:51
looking to fit a fork brace to a Zephyr 1100. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase 1 in NZ, is there an importer/supplier in NZ, can I get one custom made? TKS

AllanB
4th January 2013, 22:04
Japan I'd say as it was a Jap model released to very few markets (NZ tends to be well served with a choice of bikes). Somewhere in my 'motorcycle' note book I have a link to a Japanese site that may service goodies for the Zephyr. I'll dig it up and post.

Why do you need it? If for road riding I'd suggest spending the coin with Robert Taylor and having the forks 'tweaked' by a expert.

James Deuce
4th January 2013, 22:04
http://www.superbrace.com/proddetail.asp?prod=1102-01

That was the first one Google came up with and I used your first sentence to search for it.

AllanB
4th January 2013, 22:06
U R in luck - looks like they made it to the USA.

http://www.superbrace.com/proddetail.asp?prod=1102-01

AllanB
4th January 2013, 22:09
Bawahahhahahah SNAP. Still think you'd be better off spending the coin on Ohlins springs etc .......

Coops'
5th January 2013, 10:04
Bawahahhahahah SNAP. Still think you'd be better off spending the coin on Ohlins springs etc .......

Tried to purchase superbrace but the site times out, have sent them an email but have had advice that they are not reliable, will wait for their response. Am looking at all options including Ohlins front and back, thanks

James Deuce
5th January 2013, 11:43
That was just one option. These guys are very reliable.

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?catref=510780&tier1url=Handling&tier2url=Fork-braces&tier3url=Telefix&tier4url=Black

SPman
5th January 2013, 12:05
Got mine from here.....although, don't know if they do Zephyrs......

Robert Taylor
8th January 2013, 15:15
looking to fit a fork brace to a Zephyr 1100. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase 1 in NZ, is there an importer/supplier in NZ, can I get one custom made? TKS

Do be careful that whichever brand you purchase they on tightening do not squeeze the forks inwards or outwards, thereby causing bushing bind and massive friction. Its best that you purchase a type that is in two parts in the centre so you can effectively fine tune ''centre to centre'' length

Crasherfromwayback
8th January 2013, 15:42
Do be careful that whichever brand you purchase they on tightening do not squeeze the forks inwards or outwards, thereby causing bushing bind and massive friction. Its best that you purchase a type that is in two parts in the centre so you can effectively fine tune ''centre to centre'' length

Wot he says. Best to spend some money on the internals of the forks.

mulletman
8th January 2013, 21:44

A friends Guzzi had a brace fitted and did pretty much the above, had it on for years and slowly the handleing got worse and worse till 3wks back when it bound up and almost biffed him off....:eek5: