PDA

View Full Version : French Hi-Viz law kicked out, the day after coming into force!

Bob
8th January 2013, 00:52
The controversial law requiring motorcyclists in France to wear a fluorescent strip has been scrapped… one day after coming into force!

Following a year of protests, the decree (any rider on a machine of more than 125cc had to have a strip of 15cm3) was rescinded. Protestors comments that adding a 15cm3 strip will not give any further visability to a machine with headlights on appears to have been accepted.

The equally controversial breathalyser law (all motorists had to carry a single-use breathalyser) has also been delayed, with a lack of available kits being cited as the reason.

Haggis2
8th January 2013, 11:52
Imagine how much that BS cost their taxpayers :bs:

GrayWolf
8th January 2013, 13:56
Imagine how much that BS cost their taxpayers :bs:

Nah the Frog's will claim poverty and the EU will pick up the tab... and people wonder why there are so many brit's coming to NZ/Aus??

AllanB
8th January 2013, 19:13
Good - load of shit.

Anyone in NZ listening to this?

Give me my $30 back please.

_Shrek_
8th January 2013, 19:21
realy sad thing about this.... they will still try & bring it in here & then after spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ & a few years of seeing no drop in cars hitting mc's
& with the motorist saying but I didn't see him/her even thow rider was wearing hi-viz & head light on

Subike
8th January 2013, 19:28
Hang on, is this a strip of white reflective tape or such like on the rear of your jacket?
Correct me if Im wrong, but thats illegal before it starts!
WOF reg? nothing other than a red reflective strip facing rear on a vehicle, no white lights or reflective fittings. ( something to that effect. F J RIDER? )
Or does that not apply to Bikes. If not then, why not simply change all rear reflectors on bike to white, Do the same job, can be WOF checked. Or is there something I have missed. I dont understand how they can advocate white reflective panels on Jackets, vests etc as being a safety promotion for bikers, when if you fitted the same to any other vehicle, you would be prosecuted.....

Any discussion on this point?

rustic101
8th January 2013, 19:34
Hang on, is this a strip of white reflective tape or such like on the rear of your jacket?
Correct me if Im wrong, but thats illegal before it starts!
WOF reg? nothing other than a red reflective strip facing rear on a vehicle, no white lights or reflective fittings. ( something to that effect. F J RIDER? )

I may be wrong, but I believe additional fitments (lights reflectors etc) only applies to a vehicle not the rider.

_Shrek_
8th January 2013, 19:38
Any discussion on this point?

only applies to a vehicle not to a person

Subike
8th January 2013, 19:38
I may be wrong, but I believe additional fitments (lights reflectors etc) only applies to a vehicle not the rider.

But if it becomes a legal requirement, then it becomes a fitting that must be used when operating the vehicle on the road, thus technically a WOF item, because riding a bike without one, would be in breach of the fitness of the vehicle to be used on the road, So this then breaches the fore mention law, so which it right?

_Shrek_
8th January 2013, 19:59
But if it becomes a legal requirement, then it becomes a fitting that must be used when operating the vehicle on the road, thus technically a WOF item, because riding a bike without one, would be in breach of the fitness of the vehicle to be used on the road, So this then breaches the fore mention law, so which it right?

it wont as alot of bike gear now has the white reflective & I also have that reflective stuff on my overalls when working at night on the road, the law states that you can't have a white light turned on, on the rear when traveling down the road

Subike
8th January 2013, 20:03
Fair nuff, white light. mmm overalls and vests on roadside stationary item, yup understand that.
Thought it might be worth a challenge, because its on a moving vehicle. obviously not