PDA

View Full Version : New member - Honda Hornet (dukestraykker)

dukestraykker
8th January 2013, 20:55
Hey guys, first post!

I have been reading these forums for a few months now in preparation for when I bought my new bike. I looked for ages, and it was only by chance that I found my bike a couple of days before xmas. After reading through here and other places over the web, I had decided roughly what I wanted and had been looking for it for about 3 months with no real luck (except a couple overpriced trademe auctions)

I went into cyclespot honda on the North Shore in Auckland for a few test rides the sunday before xmas, and in between rides I came back to find a woman and her husband both trading in their current bikes for new ones. Low and behold, the woman had the exact bike I was after!

I had a chat to them for a while, and learned that they upgrade every 2 years right before xmas, and have done so for 20 years. So I immediately put some money down to hold the bike for me, and arranged to pick it up the Thursday after xmas.

I have owned the bike for only 12 days, but I am already in love!

unstuck
8th January 2013, 21:52
Well done, nice bike.:2thumbsup welcome aboard.:Punk:

hayd3n
8th January 2013, 22:03
welcome to the nest,
watch out for the sting:yes:

unstuck
8th January 2013, 22:07
welcome to the nest,
watch out for the sting:yes:

And the ones that are floating like butterflies.:yes:

Grizzo
8th January 2013, 22:26
Welcome, sweet ride you got there.

Insanity_rules
8th January 2013, 22:55
Welcome to the funny farm. Remember not to feed the adventure bike riders after midnight. Now you have to learn the honda handshake and greeting for when you see another honda rider.

Grashopper
9th January 2013, 07:45
Welcome to the forum. :)

Great bike you have there. So how much did you pay for it at the end if I may ask?

dukestraykker
9th January 2013, 21:03
Yeah I ended up paying $8k for it with trade in of a scooter (suzuki an125)... not too bad for 2010 600cc hornet, 15k on the clock for my first big bike :-)

nakedsv
10th January 2013, 15:10
Great score on the bike mate :2thumbsup

Maha
10th January 2013, 15:17
Yeah I ended up paying $8k for it with trade in of a scooter (suzuki an125)... not too bad for 2010 600cc hornet, 15k on the clock for my first big bike :-)

Well worth the investment, that bike will make you love motrorcycle even more each time you get on it and ride.
Some red rim tape would set that off nicely.

PR3's as well?..very nice rubber indeed/safe and just as good in the wet....had them on my CB1300.

gijoe1313
10th January 2013, 15:22
Welcome to the swarm, always good to see more Hornets buzzing around out there! :niceone: