9th January 2013, 06:57
My mrs thought some on here may like this lol

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5810/cameras.png

-Indy

Akzle
9th January 2013, 15:04
My mrs thought some on here may like this lol

[IMG]

on a real world note: anyone seen those cop vans painted up disco colours with "Traffic safety camera"? obviously that's bullshit, but anyone know if they are just regular revenue-gathering or are they the new ANPR system?

scumdog
9th January 2013, 16:39
"And make lots of money from the losers...mwahahahaha!"

red mermaid
9th January 2013, 19:47
They have both systems plus another secret system.

They are also fitted with a V8 motor for pursuits.

on a real world note: anyone seen those cop vans painted up disco colours with "Traffic safety camera"? obviously that's bullshit, but anyone know if they are just regular revenue-gathering or are they the new ANPR system?

Coldrider
9th January 2013, 20:08
They are also fitted with a V8 motor for pursuits.on light transport crossply tyres.

Coldrider
9th January 2013, 20:10
"And make lots of money from the losers...mwahahahaha!"na its's free.
benefit=fines=benefit=fines

scumdog
9th January 2013, 20:13
na its's free.
benefit=fines=benefit=fines

Sadly not all speed-camera 'victims' are on the benefit

Wages to fine to beneficiary or something like that eh??<_<

Coldrider
9th January 2013, 20:21
Sadly not all speed-camera 'victims' are on the benefit

Wages to fine to beneficiary or something like that eh??<_< When ya have a chob, you can work out how much extra tax you can donate, or not.

YellowDog
11th January 2013, 08:34
It's about time one of our more liberal political parties took the Police and Councils to court to out-law such abhorrent practices, as has happened in order countries.

Hiding speed/safety cameras where they are obscured from the driver's sight is considered an infringement of civil liberties and rights. In the UK such devices now have to be unobstructed from the road users sight and painted in a florescent colour.

Strange, but true :lol:

BoristheBiter
11th January 2013, 08:38
It's about time one of our more liberal political parties took the Police and Councils to court to out-law such abhorrent practices, as has happened in order countries.

Hiding speed/safety cameras where they are obscured from the driver's sight is considered an infringement of civil liberties and rights. In the UK such devices now have to be unobstructed from the road users sight and painted in a florescent colour.

Strange, but true :lol:

I can't actually remember the last time I have seen one hidden in some bushes but don't let that stop a good story.

scumdog
11th January 2013, 08:53

:
You mean it doesn't happen in 'disorder' countries - like Egyp, Iraq etc?

Well Im not surprised such countries don't have speed cameras - they have far more important ways of making life uncomfortable for thier citizens...:crazy:

craigdek
11th January 2013, 09:32
Well in Cape Town South Africa camera had to be visible and not operator. At least there you only required to give address on rego renewal. Needless to say they never summonsed me as I moved a lot. Think I still owe about R20,000 they not got hold of me yet for.

YellowDog
11th January 2013, 14:33
I can't actually remember the last time I have seen one hidden in some bushes but don't let that stop a good story.

That's because they're hidden :wacko:

Birkenhead to Birkdale. Take the journey and see if you see the hidden camera. The flash after you pass the obscuring branch might give you a clue :lol:

Coldrider
11th January 2013, 16:04
I can't actually remember the last time I have seen one hidden in some bushes but don't let that stop a good story.Try south of Hokitika on Queens birthday monday morning, heading up from the brass.

Jase H
11th January 2013, 16:59
Could be worse, I guess...

scumdog
11th January 2013, 17:27
I have seen that sign in a few places in the States.

Bloody dangerous - try looking for a plane when doing 100mph, ferkin near ran off the road!:shit:

BoristheBiter
11th January 2013, 17:38
That's because they're hidden :wacko:

Birkenhead to Birkdale. Take the journey and see if you see the hidden camera. The flash after you pass the obscuring branch might give you a clue :lol:

So it's a fixed camera that you know is there so how can it be hidden?

anebv8
13th January 2013, 15:10
seen a camera van over christmas with ladders on the roof,decked out like a painters van,nailed a car in front of me.