PDA

View Full Version : zxr250 clutch issue

andy3542
14th January 2013, 15:16
Hi i just posted in the newbie section but thought my question would be more valid here. I bought a zxr250 at the weekend, it has been sitting for a few months as the owner is currently on his OE and his younger brother didnt seem to know much about it.
The clutch seems/is slipping really badly as in you get minimal drive when you let the clutch out a little but as soon as you try take off there is nothing and any kind of incline there is nothing but revving. Pulled the clutch out and took one of the fiber plates to cycletread as i wasnt sure if it was worn or not. one of the guys there said the plate looked good so to try loosen the clutch cable off and see if that does anything. im not going to get to work on it tonight (Red Hot Chilli Peppers) so will have a look tomorrow. Main question is there anything else that could be causing it to slip as badly as it is?

cheers
Andrew

FJRider
14th January 2013, 15:43
Clutch plates can stick together if it's been sitting for a while. If you pull out all the fibre plates ... give them a quick sand down on both sides) with coarse sandpaper ... then re-assemble.

ducatilover
14th January 2013, 16:13
Adjust the clutch
While you have the fibers out, take a pic with measurements (I think I have one sitting around, it's either 250 or a 400H set of fibers)
Measure the springs and see if they're to factory specs
Make sure the springs are done up to factory spec too