PDA

View Full Version : GN125 fuel gauge?

drikz14
14th January 2013, 21:54
Hello there! I just wondering is there any possible way to install Fuel gauge on my GN 125?
if there is any tools/fuel gauge where should i find it,i am in Auckland.

thanks! Cheers

ducatilover
14th January 2013, 22:01
No, it would not be easy.

When you're riding and the engine splutters and tries to die, switch it to reserve (it's marked on the tap, left hand rear under the tank)
It should happen at around 200kms from full tank and you will have 3L left in the tank

Hitcher
15th January 2013, 17:18
You could also carry a wooden stick, pop open the fuel cap, and dip it in to measure the fuel level.

FJRider
15th January 2013, 17:27
It could be done ... for about 20% of the GN's value. Easier to pop the cap and look. Cheaper too ...

Reset the trip meter at each fill. At 180 km's ... start looking for gas. But if you have got on reserve ... at best you have 50 km's

ducatilover
15th January 2013, 17:35
You could also carry a wooden stick, pop open the fuel cap, and dip it in to measure the fuel level.
:niceone: Had a mate with a TR2, had a very accurate stick in the old numbers

Jantar
15th January 2013, 17:48
Hello there! I just wondering is there any possible way to install Fuel gauge on my GN 125?
if there is any tools/fuel gauge where should i find it,i am in Auckland.

thanks! Cheers
Yes it is possible. You can get an aftermarket fuel float, sender unit and guage. The cost would be around $1200, about equal to value of your bike, and it would reduce the fuel tank capity by about 1 litre.

FJRider
15th January 2013, 18:05
Yes it is possible. You can get an aftermarket fuel float, sender unit and guage. The cost would be around $1200, about equal to value of your bike, and it would reduce the fuel tank capity by about 1 litre.

But not nearly as accurate as the wooden stick.

I remember hearing of a rider (many years ago) ... used to carry a marked stick to suit his bike. He carried the stick under the strap midway down the top of the seat. He once had an "off" ... and in the ensuing tumble ... the stick ended up his bum.

But all was ok ... :yes:

As (when they pulled the stick out) ... apparently .... he still had two Gallons left ... <_<

GSF
15th January 2013, 18:54

This is also one of the best ways to measure fuel level in a Cessna 172! Real flash guys have one of these:

http://www.sportys.com/morepics/9338.jpg

FJRider
15th January 2013, 19:05
This is also one of the best ways to measure fuel level in a Cessna 172! Real flash guys have one of these:

I don't go as fast as a Cessna 172. :devil2:

So I just look at MY fuel gauge. :bleh: and my low fuel warning light. :laugh:

But my trip meter tells me more ... :yes:

carburator
15th January 2013, 19:09

http://www.sportys.com/morepics/9338.jpg

does'nt work on my curtis.. then again atleast Ive got the option of a drop tank..
( and 50cals )

ducatilover
15th January 2013, 22:07
I don't go as fast as a Cessna 172. :devil2:

So I just look at MY fuel gauge. :bleh: and my low fuel warning light. :laugh:

But my trip meter tells me more ... :yes:
I have two hyperactive fuel lights that come on when I have 6L left, very, very angering at night :rolleyes:

FJRider
16th January 2013, 05:46
I have two hyperactive fuel lights that come on when I have 6L left, very, very angering at night :rolleyes:

I have heard ... White insulation tape over those reduces that issue considerably.

ducatilover
16th January 2013, 08:57
I have heard ... White insulation tape over those reduces that issue considerably.
Don't be tacky!!!
I have tinted the lenses, from behind. Because being pedantic is good

skippa1
16th January 2013, 09:39
you already have one. Its called an odometer

pete376403
16th January 2013, 19:18
Many years ago my brother in law had a CB750 to which he added an aftermarket fuel cap which incorporated a fuel guage worked by a float and (IIRC) chain.

Something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Gauge-Tank-Cap-Honda-CB750-CB400-CB250T-Early-Type-/321055893859?hash=item4ac06c2963&item=321055893859&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Possibly something similar exists (or could be adapterd) to a Ginny

FJRider
16th January 2013, 19:28
Don't be tacky!!!

use BLUE tape then .... or a colour that matches your paint scheme ... <_<

I'm pedantic too ... I take great care to select the RIGHT colour tape ... :yes:

ducatilover
16th January 2013, 20:59
use BLUE tape then .... or a colour that matches your paint scheme ... <_<

I'm pedantic too ... I take great care to select the RIGHT colour tape ... :yes:
Darn right!
We should be listened to, look at out post counts

drikz14
21st January 2013, 21:48
thanks for the advise guys! maybe i should forget about the fuel gauge,use the trip meter :lol:

now my fuel consumption is 244 km/ 8 liters pretty good for daily run and having fun at motorway :laugh: