PDA

View Full Version : Tutamoe Trail Ride 9/10 Feb

takitimu
22nd January 2013, 11:59
Hi All,

If you like some serious scenery & mint trail check this one out

http://tutamoetrailride.co.nz/

I rode a fair chunk of it Sunday as they went around the new sections & helped mark out the expert sections ( they'll be rated 1-5 ), some seriously nice riding & if you like roots, there's one expert section that will satisfy that desire :).

I believe the plan is to put a bridge in, so you don't have to do the river crossing, though it was very low & quite manageable Sunday, not to mention handy to cool you down.

They were talking of changing the trails Saturday to Sunday & I'd highly recommend a camera :).

If you want to gps the location, try "1315 Waimatenui East Rd, Donnellys Crossing 0474, Northland" I'm not 100% sure where they are putting the car park, but if it's where they were talking about it, you'll be a few hundred meters away & it'll be signposted.

Watch out for the rocks & enjoy, she'll be a beauty.

Buddy L
22nd January 2013, 16:21
I went last year
And i highly recommend it.
Completed most of the expert sections, but one of them almost had me crying.:crybaby:
Its a good ride if you really want to test yourself on the grade 5 expert sections.

oldguy
22nd January 2013, 16:52
Noted in my book, could be a starter stay with the whanau Saturday night, be nice to get out somewhere different to ride . think Mr Moto on that weekend as well.

Wellyman
29th January 2013, 21:18
I haven't done this ride in ages. but turns out I have a bloody wedding on same day :doh:
have fun though guys, and hope somebody will give us a write up post event.
WM

oldguy
11th February 2013, 22:33
Hi All,

If you like some serious scenery & mint trail check this one out

http://tutamoetrailride.co.nz/

I rode a fair chunk of it Sunday as they went around the new sections & helped mark out the expert sections ( they'll be rated 1-5 ), some seriously nice riding & if you like roots, there's one expert section that will satisfy that desire :).

I believe the plan is to put a bridge in, so you don't have to do the river crossing, though it was very low & quite manageable Sunday, not to mention handy to cool you down.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qlSH5Y-pf_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They were talking of changing the trails Saturday to Sunday & I'd highly recommend a camera :).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S7MtKLE_6GM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you want to gps the location, try "1315 Waimatenui East Rd, Donnellys Crossing 0474, Northland" I'm not 100% sure where they are putting the car park, but if it's where they were talking about it, you'll be a few hundred meters away & it'll be signposted.

Watch out for the rocks & enjoy, she'll be a beauty.

I have to admit it was well worth the trip, I had a great day, only rode the Saturday although just after the first loop of the morning I was feeling a little ill after arriving back at the carpark and realized I had drop my phone which I was using to take pictures up on the ridge line.

I had a fair idea where I had drop it so of I went around again, but no suck luck. Had resided to the fact it was lost, but still hoped someone may have picked it up.

As the main loop had just opened, I decided not to let it dampen my day so took off, that was interesting in places, but managed to get round without any drama. hooked up with a guy on an old XR250 rode with him, and as someone mention Rocks, you definitely had to keep alert in places.

Back at the carpark having a bit of lunch a guy approached he had a grin on his face like I have got something that may belong to you, and sure enough he had picked up the phone, with much thanks to the guy my day had just picked up again so off around the main loop again.

Apart from my phone drama, the ride was awesome and will definitely do it again, both days and definitely recommend it.

oldguy
11th February 2013, 22:39
some more pics................................