PDA

View Full Version : Update on Alex Bowers at the 2013 NZSBK Championships – 250 Production

Alex Bowers
23rd January 2013, 20:57
The last three weeks have been awesome, Racing at the three South Island rounds of the 2013 NZ Superbike Champs. First it was Ruapuna, Christchurch where I placed 5th over the weekend. Next stop was Levels, Timaru where I got my worst qualifying position (10th place) and had a massive crash 30 meters from the finish line on the final lap to wined up with the front brakes jammed on which resulted in a DNF 1 meter from the line :/ After round two I was placed in 7th place. The final week on the road saw us down in Invercargill where the third round was held at Teretonga Park. From the first session on Friday I felt good and fast on the bike. Saturday was the icing on the cake as I qualified 2nd place and had my best race to date as I fought it out with Sam Davidson and racing legends from the SOF Racing team, while Bailie Perriton had a comfortable lead. I shot forward as the white flag came out and I put my head down to see myself take 2nd place across the line. To top things off I also improved my lap times by 3 whole seconds from last season and place 4th for the weekend. Stepping up and improving all the time and these last three weeks have been an amazing experience. I'm placed 6th in the 250 Production Championship with two round left and only 25 points from 2nd in the title chase.

I would like to thank all the people who helped me to get there Bowers Builders, Jayde Alsop Design, Whyteline Paeroa, Whites Powersports, Peter Jones, Johnnie Bowers, Amanda Bowers Sportz Fotoz and all the support from friends and family :D