PDA

View Full Version : Fast learner! (Southern Comfi)

Southern Comfi
28th January 2013, 15:26
November 2011 I was put on a DR650 thinking memories of riding 14years ago would still work, but no! I managed to split a 6foot fence post in half.
However I got back on with a bit of encouragement and in August 2012 I got my learners licence and a Yamaha Scorpio. I've been riding better each time! My partner and I rode nearly 2,000 ks on a 4 day weekend including the Ettrick KB rally. That was the confidence boost I needed, now I understand the need for a bigger bike! :woohoo:

unstuck
28th January 2013, 15:28
Your hooked, in other words. Good on ya.:laugh::Punk:

Southern Comfi
28th January 2013, 15:44
Oh Yeah!:yes:

TheTengTheory
28th January 2013, 16:57
November 2011 I was put on a DR650 thinking memories of riding 14years ago would still work, but no! I managed to split a 6foot fence post in half.
However I got back on with a bit of encouragement and in August 2012 I got my learners licence and a Yamaha Scorpio. I've been riding better each time! My partner and I rode nearly 2,000 ks on a 4 day weekend including the Ettrick KB rally. That was the confidence boost I needed, now I understand the need for a bigger bike! :woohoo:

The wait for the license is torturous!!...though I am enjoying myself on my hornet...5000km as of yesterday. :2guns:

:rockon:

caseye
28th January 2013, 17:38
Good on you and welcome to KB,this is the proverbial nutt house, but stick around, say little then stun em all with your wit and humour.
Enjoy the ride.

Akzle
28th January 2013, 17:39
The wait for the license is torturous!!...

what is this "wai-ting for the li-cen-se" that you speak of??!

TheTengTheory
28th January 2013, 21:24
what is this "wai-ting for the li-cen-se" that you speak of??!

2years wait from learner to full????? :crybaby:

This is assuming all bikers are responsible residents of New Zealand and follow their very sensible laws and policys regarding land transport issues of Aotearoa :brick:

Dragon
29th January 2013, 06:50
Am in the same boat cant get my restricted till 23rd of may and then its 18months till my full :s

The urge to ride something bigger is hard to resist

Akzle
29th January 2013, 15:41
This is assuming all bikers are responsible residents of New Zealand and follow their very sensible laws and policys regarding land transport issues of Aotearoa :brick:

:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

very sensible laws

MyGSXF
4th February 2013, 23:33
Am in the same boat cant get my restricted till 23rd of may and then its 18months till my full :s

The urge to ride something bigger is hard to resist

2years wait from learner to full????? :crybaby:

You are eligible to ride a bike up to 660cc on a learners/restricted licence, since 1 Oct 2012. This the new NZTA Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme (LAMS)

scroll down the list given below.. there are a huge range of bikes to choose from.

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/licence/getting/motorcycles/approved-motorcycles.html

from there it's all decisions.. decisions.. decisions.... :rolleyes:

I have a 93 Suzuki GSX400F for sale.. tidy condition. Awesome mid range sport / tourer bike.. comfy as to sit on & travel 3-4-5-600ks in a day! Excellent stepping stone from a learners 125/250.. up to a 400 (will sit happily on 120ks :shifty:) before progressing onto a more longer term more powerful bike.. but not too fast.. too soon! (I've seen it happen over & over again.. trust me! :facepalm:)

xenothius
4th February 2013, 23:53
there is also talk of another skills assessment (a long version of the basic handling skills) that will shorten your restricted time to 12 months and you dont have to sit the practical full license test just pay the licensing fee :scooter:

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/licence/getting/motorcycles/cbta.html

MyGSXF
4th February 2013, 23:58
there is also talk of another skills assessment (a long version of the basic handling skills) that will shorten your restricted time to 12 months and you dont have to sit the practical full license test just pay the licensing fee :scooter:

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/licence/getting/motorcycles/cbta.html

End of the year supposedly....... ?? :wait:

xenothius
5th February 2013, 00:05
the trick will be finding out what test is cheaper (i spent all my money on my helmet) and if it is cheaper how much then there's the 12 month bunus :corn:

Akzle
5th February 2013, 18:49
I have a 93 Suzuki GSX400F for sale.. tidy condition. Awesome mid range sport / tourer bike.. comfy as to sit on & travel 3-4-5-600ks in a day!

awww, it's cute.:love:

five bucks and a bag of chips :woohoo:...

haydes55
5th February 2013, 21:50
awww, it's cute.:love:

five bucks and a bag of chips :woohoo:...

You've been offering that same bag of chips for so long now they must be stale. :corn: