PDA

View Full Version : Bikers halt freeway traffic for marriage proposal

Bob
2nd February 2013, 01:35
Hundreds of bikers stopped traffic on a busy Californian freeway for a marriage proposal! Hector Martinez, 24, span his back tyre on the I-10, releasing a cloud of pink smoke, shortly before dropping to one knee and proposing to his girlfriend Paige Fernandez, also 24.

Fellow riders cheered, popped wheelies and did donuts in celebration. "Only a handful of people knew what was going to happen" said Martinez “Paige just thought it was another Sunday ride”.

The California Highway Patrol said the incident was under investigation, and the district attorney was considering slapping the bikers with felony charges.

To see a video of the proposal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWGlqmrGQ44&feature=youtu.be

Maha
2nd February 2013, 06:56
That busa rider looks very similar to a particular Manawatu chap....:shifty:
And ''span'' his back tyre?....shouldn't that be spun?

unstuck
2nd February 2013, 07:14
That busa rider looks very similar to a particular Manawatu chap....:shifty:
And ''span'' his back tyre?....should that spun?

Should that BE spun, ow.:shifty:

SNF
2nd February 2013, 08:00
Haha! I'd be keen to try that once I learn how to do wheelies - maybe not on the motorway though. Good test, if she runs of crying, or whinges its not romantic or whatever, she ain't for me.

Madness
2nd February 2013, 13:05
Should that BE spun, ow.:shifty:

Go easy, he's Maltese.

Bob
14th March 2013, 00:34
The biker who – along with some 250 others – blocked a California highway to propose to his girlfriend has been arrested.

Hector Martinez and three others have been charged with misdemeanor public nuisance and participating in an unlawful assembly. Martinez was also charged with “exhibition of speed”.

As many as 250 motorcycles blocked the eastbound Interstate 10 that Martinez could propose. At one point, a bike sent up a cloud of pink smoke.

Martinez's bride-to-be, Paige Fernandez, has not been charged.

Grashopper
14th March 2013, 08:48
What a cool story to tell your children about how you proposed. :lol:

Zedder
14th March 2013, 09:09
The biker who – along with some 250 others – blocked a California highway to propose to his girlfriend has been arrested.

Hector Martinez and three others have been charged with misdemeanor public nuisance and participating in an unlawful assembly. Martinez was also charged with “exhibition of speed”.

As many as 250 motorcycles blocked the eastbound Interstate 10 that Martinez could propose. At one point, a bike sent up a cloud of pink smoke.

Martinez's bride-to-be, Paige Fernandez, has not been charged.

The bride-to-be not charged?!? But it was all her fault...

Akzle
14th March 2013, 14:47
reFUCKINGpostFUCKINGyears agoFUCKING.

news hound my a55.

Road kill
14th March 2013, 19:44
What a cool story to tell your children about how you proposed. :lol:

An then you got cornholed down at the county jail as a result.
Yeah cool story that one:rolleyes:

Bob
15th March 2013, 00:52
re(bad language deleted)post(bad language deleted)years ago(bad language deleted).

news hound my (bad language deleted).

Akzle:

a) Original item was submitted in February
b) Follow up submitted yesterday - which I believe is pretty much the day after the arrest
c) So there was a re-post, from one of the what, 50/60 forums in here? Glad you have the chance to read and check them all day... I certainly don't! This is a news item, so it was posted in news.
d) Was there really any need for the language?
e) Yes, news hound. I've earned money for years doing it.

Constructive criticism is useful. Sadly nothing like that contained in your post.

Grashopper
15th March 2013, 06:38
I'm pretty new here. Without reposts I would probably miss out on a lot of good things. :)

Zedder
15th March 2013, 07:46
I'm pretty new here. Without reposts I would probably miss out on a lot of good things. :)

Fair enough, but as Bob pointed out to Akzle, it wasn't a repost but a followup.

Being new has the advantage of not having much to do with Akzle yet.