PDA

View Full Version : Tana cuzzies hit again.

Motu
8th January 2004, 16:04
The service station next to me was just hit by the Tana cousins - 4.00pm...that's a pretty busy time around here,just walked in,told the guys to stay put and cleaned the place out.Their pictures were in the Herald this morning too.At least no one gets hurt with these guys - they're out there having fun I suppose,maybe we should just leave them alone.

k14
8th January 2004, 16:07
Lol. Saw the article in the herald today, but didnt really take much notice of it.

How much they get away with?

Motu
8th January 2004, 16:17
Dunno - I just wanted a cold drink...now I'm drinking warm red wine.Ciggies,food,stuff to sell or give to friends and relations.

Big Dog
8th January 2004, 16:38
The service station next to me was just hit by the Tana cousins - 4.00pm...that's a pretty busy time around here,just walked in,told the guys to stay put and cleaned the place out.Their pictures were in the Herald this morning too.At least no one gets hurt with these guys - they're out there having fun I suppose,maybe we should just leave them alone.

Would you still feel this way if it was your store?
Or if it was your wife being held up?

According to my armed hold up safety course 18 people are fataly wounded during robberies in NZ, usually for less than $500. Apparantly on average 1% of them intended to discharge their firearm, stab the staff or run them over. a scarier statistic is that there will be an armed robbery in NZ once every 27 mins.

As to not hurting anyone the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

It is also fairly obvious you have never had a distraught staff member phone you at 2am because they've just had some thug (even without a weapon) take product by threat of violence. Nor had to do their shift's while they seek counseling.

Nor have you had to feel that the above event was a good outcome.

Motu
8th January 2004, 17:24
Duh,do ya want me to put my tongue right through my cheek an out the other side? don't come and work for me - you won't last a couple of hours.

Worked in service stations all my life mate,robbery is a way of life - I remember one guy who was a bit upset after an armed robbery...the next day the guys who held a sawn off to his face were parked across the road laughing at him :2thumbsup oh,we know who they are says the cops,we just can't charge tham.

MikeL
8th January 2004, 19:47
And let's not forget that these guys are (at least according to the newspaper story) really only doing it because they don't want to be on an unemployment benefit. They'd rather be gainfully employed than sit around on their bums all day. Who can criticise them for that? And their mum or nana or aunty or someone thinks they're really neat guys. So perhaps we should lay off them, huh?

Motu
9th January 2004, 07:54
Just an update here.The police took over an hour to arrive at the scene - they are treating this as shoplifting,not robbery as no one was hurt.No wonder these boys have got away with so many ''shoplifting'' jobs.

I share the same building as this station,they get hit at least once a month with breakins and robberies,always a worry to me if they decide to go next do to add to spoils or in a getaway.

Big Dog
9th January 2004, 09:00
Its still stealing. It is still a criminal act. I seem to remember other people on this thread wanting to lynch those who stole their tools. There is no place in this comunity for theives. Shure you can take as cavalier an attitude as you like, and even claim it said in jest, but if you do so expect people who do have to deal with the fallout to be annoyed.

Hitcher
9th January 2004, 09:17
Its still stealing. It is still a criminal act. I seem to remember other people on this thread wanting to lynch those who stole their tools. There is no place in this comunity for theives. Shure you can take as cavalier an attitude as you like, and even claim it said in jest, but if you do so expect people who do have to deal with the fallout to be annoyed.
Totally agree, BD. I once shared a hospital ward with a dude who was a professional thief who had buglery rationalised on the basis that the people he was ripping off were insured, therefore no harm done. Boy did he cop an earful from me. I think he feigned contrition to shut me up. God knows if he changed his ways as a result...
:ar15:

Big Dog
9th January 2004, 10:09
don't come and work for me - you won't last a couple of hours.

Worked in service stations all my life mate,robbery is a way of life - I remember one guy who was a bit upset after an armed robbery...the next day the guys who held a sawn off to his face were parked across the road laughing at him :2thumbsup oh,we know who they are says the cops,we just can't charge tham.

It is never pleasant having a gun waved in your face. I've had to quietly stare down the business end of a 9mm while a coworker had his legs broken with a baseball bat. Didn't stop me from going to work the next day. That doesn't mean I have no sympathy for my colleague.

Big Dog
9th January 2004, 10:11
Worked in service stations all my life mate,robbery is a way of life.
On a lighter note which chain? Perhaps we are collegues. :apint:

Motu
9th January 2004, 10:30
I'm no corperate person,just a motor mechanic who has worked in a lot of garages - who they are is of no concern to me,but for the last 15 yrs the 3 sites I've been at have been BP,two privatly owned,strangely I've never been at a Shell site.In the old days one person owned the whole thing,but after deregulation the oil companies swooped on all the stations and kicked all the workshops out.Used to be we fixed cars and pumped a bit of gas on the side,now they don't want us dirty guys anywhere near one of their outlets.

Big Dog
9th January 2004, 14:49
Lol, It has to do with complying with the criteria for selling food.
Which has a smaller risk and larger margin. ie it is harder to guarantee the safety of the food when you share ventilation with exhast fumes and general dust filth etc.

Same reason you wash your hands before you eat your lunch.

Dumb if you ask me there has to be other ways around it, I miss going to get a warrant and getting a tank of gas a pie and a drink all on the same cheque.

Motu
9th January 2004, 16:46
Can't wait for the day when you can fill up with gas and get a 6 pack to take with you.

Big Dog
9th January 2004, 17:44
Can't wait for the day when you can fill up with gas and get a 6 pack to take with you.
Prostitution is legal so it could go,
I'll have 55l 91,
2 x 2.25 coke,
1 x Jim Beam,
12, draught,
2 x Dunhil blue 20's
1 x pack of cards,
2 x prepaid speeding ticket,
2 x durex 12's
1 x lighter,
2 x ho's
and a wof. all set for a week away on one cheque! :buggerd:

riffer
9th January 2004, 20:22
2 x prepaid speeding ticket
...ooh I like the idea of the prepaid speeding tickets!

I've just worked out what to ask for for my birthday from SHMBO!

Do you think LTSA will bring in swapping demerits from licence to licence too :shifty:

wkid_one
9th January 2004, 20:33
2 x durex 12's
Fuck - aren't you being mighty optimistic??? Either that or you plan to buy your 3 years worth in one go?????

georgedubyabush
9th January 2004, 20:58
Fuck - aren't you being mighty optimistic??? Either that or you plan to buy your 3 years worth in one go?????

And buying new??? geez, if you're like me theres one in the back of my wallet that hasnt seen the light of day since 97, and has made an indentation shape in the leather. :whistle:

Big Dog
11th January 2004, 08:34
I already have three kids so its the irish method of contraceptive, wear three condoms, "To be sure, to be sure, to be sure" :bleh:

Big Dog
11th January 2004, 08:41
And buying new??? geez, if you're like me theres one in the back of my wallet that hasnt seen the light of day since 97, and has made an indentation shape in the leather. :whistle:
Dirt, track, or road, never trust second hand rubber.

Don't be a fool vulcanise your tool.

Given KK's propensity for second hand (although I'm sure he calls it pre scrubbed) rubber I fear for the women of west auckland :Pokey:

ps my imagination is way to vivid. On reading GWB's post the first thought to go through my mind was pulling on a pair of gumboots that are wet through and have gone slightly slimey. :doh:

SPman
11th January 2004, 21:44
ps my imagination is way to vivid. On reading GWB's post the first thought to go through my mind was pulling on a pair of gumboots that are wet through and have gone slightly slimey. :doh:There's a difference?

k14
12th January 2004, 06:39
And we always wonder why it is so easy to get off topic ;)