PDA

View Full Version : ZXR 250A-C

Westy
14th August 2005, 10:35
Hi everybody. I have just fitted a C model engine to my A model ZXR. Everything is exactly the same. It bolts straight in and the plugs plug straight into the original ones. It now has alot more low down torque and has lost 1000rpm at 100km/hr.

tsoldier
15th August 2005, 21:02
hey are the fairings the same cause i have a 250a and want the fairing from a 250c to put onto mine

R6_kid
15th August 2005, 22:40
it can be done, but it involves changing the front mount over (to accomodate diff light setup) and also may be difficult as the pipes are different. I have a set of pipes for the C model which are of no use to me... i paid $30 for them so thats how much they'll sell for.

Otherwise you may run into problems fitting fairings/seat to the A model tank, and the C fairings to the rear sub-frame of the A. The C model tank uses a different setup to hold it on but im sure you could do something about it if you really wanted to.

Westy
21st August 2005, 16:17
The fairings are slighly different. They mount up the same but are dirrerent lines. The major difference is the tank where the ram cooling tubes go in.