PDA

View Full Version : Christchurch motorbike shops for jackets

young1
7th February 2013, 17:41
We will be in Christchurch Saturday morning. Want to look at jackets for Leanne and pants and gloves for me. Who has the best selection (shop name and street it is on please)

dangerous
7th February 2013, 18:46
well mate... ya from the north Island, up there you have the best selection possable, why on earth would you want to come to Chch to shop?

so that aside, try the triumph shop and ask for KBer SuzyQ or Hornby Motorcycles, the rest I wouldnt give the steam off my shit to.
Myself Chch based, I shop in Dorkland.

Subike
7th February 2013, 19:00
Agree with that old fella , Hornby Motorcycles on carmen road beside the railway line has probably the best range of affordable gear in ChCh.
If your after Trumpy gear, yeah SuzyQ at Street in Sport Carlyle street is worth a look too.
But also agree, you guys up north have better shops with heaps better ranges of gear than here.

young1
7th February 2013, 19:02
Thank you. We are heading to a wedding in Christchurch on Saturday so it is a good excuse to check out some of the dealers :-)

badblackbuell
8th February 2013, 09:28
well mate... ya from the north Island, up there you have the best selection possable, why on earth would you want to come to Chch to shop?

so that aside, try the triumph shop and ask for KBer SuzyQ or Hornby Motorcycles, the rest I wouldnt give the steam off my shit to.

Thanks Dangerous, I'll remember that!

ADVGD
8th February 2013, 10:22

I use DAS (Linton) for Mitas tyres and suspension tuning, a top bloke and has years of dirt riding knowledge. (He doesn't do clothing etc)

For everything else I use Avon City Suzuki. Friggen awesome team of guys, they have saved my bacon and gone more than the extra mile more times than I can remember. Being able to pick up the phone and say "hey mate I down South can you urgently track down a part and freight it to this hotel" is magic, they have never let me down to date and always get the right part and deliver it on time. Great team of mechanics, Steve looks after this side like a champ, he has squeezed me in for urgent repairs on a number of occasions (many may know of his efforts for the 2011 DB1K to get my fathers bike going after it failed on Matts DB1K pre-ride, bloody legendary). Ben and Elliot on parts are hands down brilliant with their knowledge, and if you can sneakily siphon some money out of the joint account without the missus detection go and see Dean for a flash new set of wheels.

Great service goes a long way in my book

Transalper
8th February 2013, 11:14
...... Being able to pick up the phone and say "hey mate I down South can you urgently track down a part and freight it to this hotel" is magic...

What !!??! I thought you only ever stayed in a hammock in the middle of no where! :confused: not flash motels in towns.. <_<

ADVGD
8th February 2013, 11:41
What !!??! I thought you only ever stayed in a hammock in the middle of no where! :confused: not flash motels in towns.. <_<

On multi-day trips I gotta pull in for a shower and do some washing somewhere along the line mate :)

dangerous
9th February 2013, 08:27
Thanks Dangerous, I'll remember that!Welcome... LOL was just reminded that you work at Avon Suzuki?
Ok only been there breifley once (easy to forget them as tucked out of the way a bit) that to meet up for a fund raiser, so yeah I no nothing of whats in stock or of PR ethics, but I will say I have never heard anything near bad all I have has been good... give em a whirl :scooter: