PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Top Box

pyrocam
14th August 2005, 15:29
sup guys.
Im going for a part time job afterhours as a pizza delivery boy and need to build myself a box/bag to hold them in. has anyone else done this and what did they use?

Im currently looking at building a bag thats square, pizzabox width and length holding maybe 12 pizza's high. Ill make it with rigid (plastic?) inners to keep it square. and a hard base that I will attach where the little hook thing for pillions to hold onto was.

edit. after looking at the ones at motomail, I was thinking of welding one up but then I realised how horibly gastly dangerous it was.

Warr
14th August 2005, 15:32
Just the bike for you !!!!!!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=33404601

ZorsT
14th August 2005, 15:33
Pizza Hut have their own carrying cases that are bigger than the pizza boxes... I think they would want you to carry the pizzas in them to keep the pizza warm :)

pyrocam
14th August 2005, 15:35
Pizza Hut have their own carrying cases that are bigger than the pizza boxes... I think they would want you to carry the pizzas in them to keep the pizza warm :)

yeah I would look at building one of those. its not pizza hut. might be able to buy them..... hmmm *runs off and calls pizza hut*

or I could just order pizza then jump the guy

crashe
14th August 2005, 15:41
Pyrocam - chat to Loosebruce as he is part of Hell's Pizza and I am sure it was motoracer and maybe Twosmoker who delivered for him on their m/bikes...

They would be able to help you out with what you would need on the back of your bike. Remember also that some pizza places also give away Pepsi bottles etc so you will need room for them as well.

bugjuice
14th August 2005, 17:32
PH have their heat sacks, so you'd have to make the box big enough to fit one or two of those, so the pizzas stay hot..

pyrocam
18th August 2005, 16:15
LOLERIFIC I got the job.

until I get my bike mount sorted im using this abomination

Smorg
18th August 2005, 16:23
IM GETTING A JOB WITH HELLS PIZZA AND THEY ARE PAYING FOR MY PACK RACK! SWEEEEET :Punk:

Wolf
18th August 2005, 16:37
chat to Loosebruce as he is part of Hell's Pizza
Woohoo, party at Loosebruce's.

And another at Smorgens's, too.

Couple of nights ago I decided I had made a major mistake going to Hell Pizza the on previous night - because I wanted more again that night and I couldn't friggin' afford it!

Smorg
18th August 2005, 16:43
Woohoo, party at Loosebruce's.

And another at Smorgens's, too.

Couple of nights ago I decided I had made a major mistake going to Hell Pizza the on previous night - because I wanted more again that night and I couldn't friggin' afford it!

haha yeah its bad like that huh? Once is never enough!

crashe
18th August 2005, 17:55
LOLERIFIC I got the job.

until I get my bike mount sorted im using this abomination

Awwwwwwww it so sweet.
Well it does have window wipers should it rain....
and you are under cover so you won't get that wet...
:rofl: :rofl:

pyrocam
18th August 2005, 19:05
Awwwwwwww it so sweet.
Well it does have window wipers should it rain....
and you are under cover so you won't get that wet...
:rofl: :rofl:

fuck getting wet. Id rather be able to see.

Im riding that thing down the road hanging my head out the side of it.

pyrocam
18th August 2005, 23:23
I just found something out.
my flatmate who has been working at Ridges for 3 years. earns LESS than me that me who picked up a delivery job with school kids on a whim.

OMFG

no wonder he has problems paying bills

bloddy stoner....

(EDIT:
RIDGES is a fancy hotel in auckland)

MiXeR
19th August 2005, 02:45
sup guys.
Im going for a part time job afterhours as a pizza delivery boy and need to build myself a box/bag to hold them in. has anyone else done this and what did they use?.[/SIZE]

Around here (Italy, where pizza is not just nourishment, It's a religion) there's two types:

1. The metal cube attached to the bike's electrical to keep the pizza toasty.
2. The Plastic beach cooler flipped on its side (so the lid opens like a garage door).

I suggest the second bolted onto the luggage rack or strapped down on the rear seat.

P.S. We don't have dominoes or pizza hut here....

pyrocam
19th August 2005, 11:18
Around here (Italy, where pizza is not just nourishment, It's a religion) there's two types:

1. The metal cube attached to the bike's electrical to keep the pizza toasty.
2. The Plastic beach cooler flipped on its side (so the lid opens like a garage door).

I suggest the second bolted onto the luggage rack or strapped down on the rear seat.

thanks Mixer thats a really good idea! Ill have to have a look at that!

hondacmx450
19th August 2005, 11:30
just balence on the tank like a crate of piss (beer)

Lias
19th August 2005, 11:33
3 pizzas is about the max you can balance on the tank without being some sort of juggler.

Wolf
19th August 2005, 11:41
Hmmm, even more reason to move to Italy...

Pizza Hut - the Micro$oft of the Pizza World. Bloody "Buy 'em out and shut 'em down" tactics. At Hell's pizza I finally found a pizza I like as much as I liked Eagle Boys (not the same but equally enjoyable) and if those monopolistic makers of crappy cardboard-and-shit pizzas at "Pizza Hurt" even look like they want to accquire Hell's Pizza and shut it down I'll seriously consider knee-capping their CEO.

Don't know what Dominoes is like - I've heard it tastes better than Pizza Hut (but then, so would the cardboard box my Hell Pizza came in; bugger it - so would the cardboard box my computer came in)

Lias
19th August 2005, 11:43
Dominoes = nicer than pizza hut, but still nowhere near as nice as hell.

pyrocam
20th August 2005, 18:47
ahahahahahaa

I quit

30mins into it

Suney
20th August 2005, 18:55
lol why did you do that?

crashe
20th August 2005, 20:54
ahahahahahaa

I quit

30mins into it

Thats got to be the shortest job held on record.... :rofl: :rofl:

So what happened... did the Pizza fall off your bike....

froggyfrenchman
20th August 2005, 21:00
i delivered fish n chips for 6mnths, just used a hard givi topbox. never had any complaints bout them bein cold (People were impressed at delivery speed!)

pyrocam
20th August 2005, 22:41
I was cleaning fridges until deliveries. since I dont like cleaning and the job was a whim. I gave him my card with a note on it (see attachment)

I walked out telling eveyone to have a good night

mstriumph
20th August 2005, 22:48
yep - that's the pyrocam we all know an luv ........................ :no:

or I could just order pizza then jump the guy

pyrocam
20th August 2005, 23:09
btw this is what I ended up with. worked ok untill I tested it with beer that all fell out when I got off the bike cos I put the opening at the front so I could lean against it making sure nothing came out.

pics:

Fake edit: to stop the wood from scratching my bike I got an old sock and taped it on to the bottom.

the wood looks black cos I covered it all in black PVC tape