PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Zumo 660

Waihou Thumper
9th February 2013, 18:15
Reduced Price as I have just unpacked it to test.....All good here :) It looks great on the motorbike.
$540.00
0272672340, or 078844463 - anytime.

Hi all...
I bought this nice DR800S, and as most of you know that follow Trade Me it came with a Zumo 660 Motorcycle GPS.
I don't actually need it as I have a Garmin handheld 62s....
BUT, I have mounted it on the bike to see what it looks like and wired it directly to the battery....
I did this because I could...as you do, New toy etc :)
Nothing has been chopped, cut or altered, just plastic bags opened....
In fact, I have saved a bit of time, as it is all ready to mount, plates assembled, GPS updated to the latest 2013 maps (prefer open GPS Project though but can load both)

The GPS is a fantastic piece of kit! I actually love it, tried it in the wagon, works flawlessly. It hasn't been on the bike yet.
The unit includes the box, all attachments, a simple install guide and full instructions are on the web. For some reason only a quick start guide is included with the purchase.

As far as the warranty goes, the guy I bought the bike off said he has the receipt on Cycletreads file. At the end of the day, no issues here really as I have had approx 4 of these units (Garmin) and they have all worked as they should :)

Please feel free to PM if you want to save a bit of money and are in the market for one of these superb units.

I won't post any photos as we all know what it looks like but if you want the nitty gritty...Try
www.gpscity.com (http://www.gpscity.com)
They have lots of reviews, parts and prices for the unit.

Thanks for looking guys n gals :)

Waihou Thumper
10th February 2013, 06:27
Added some photos for everyone, just in case you want to see what it looks like. (Not mine but stock)
Same unit exactly. Pretty impressive :)

Sold, thanks...Snapped up on Trade me....