PDA

View Full Version : From blah to... ok I guess

Bellicose
13th February 2013, 19:06
Just put the finishing touches on my CD250 today.

Think i may change the seat and indicators and put on some exhaust wrap and call it done.

Colours are copper, custom mix brown and gold leaf.

C & C welcome.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc27/choppa10100/CD250-1.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc27/choppa10100/xx-Copy_zpsa9d14d1d.jpg

The Lone Rider
13th February 2013, 21:10
I like it.

From what I see, you've changed the paint, rear suspension, headlight and removed the gaiters.

You've gone this far - might as well bang out a tail section and make it look cafe.

Sable
14th February 2013, 02:37
Does it do the ton? :bleh:

Akzle
14th February 2013, 06:31
yeah bro. brop those bars, mono seat and cafe that bitch!

otherise, nice work. how long did that take ya?

Edbear
14th February 2013, 08:34
Nice work, for sure, though personally too much of the one colour. Like the tank/seat/side-covers/headlight, though. Very nice job on the tank!

Your bike is a perfect example of a suitable cafe-racer project! Engine angle and proportions are great, tank doesn't need altering, I reckon go for it, as Axzle so eloquently put it... :rolleyes:

ducatilover
14th February 2013, 09:01
Awesome work bro, that colour is excellent, I'd love to do my frame in that!
Love the attention to detail, it's not often we see things done like this here.

Got any spare parts left over :msn-wink:

Bellicose
14th February 2013, 09:02
I like it.

From what I see, you've changed the paint, rear suspension, headlight and removed the gaiters.

You've gone this far - might as well bang out a tail section and make it look cafe.

Yeah, i really want to change the seat BUT because of the shape of the side covers i can't go too much thinner, also didn't have the for thought to "hoop" the rear of the frame so putting a cafe tail on may be a pain.

Does it do the ton? :bleh:

HAHAHA not in a million years mate, but i have a feeling that question is a subtle hint that you've seen it on DTT, yes?

yeah bro. brop those bars, mono seat and cafe that bitch!

otherise, nice work. how long did that take ya?

About the seat, see above answer mate, although i may try to work something out because i think it looks a little 'un-finished.

The frame was the first thing i painted on the bike and i did that on the 23rd of Dec' last year, so 'bout a month & half.

Nice work, for sure, though personally too much of the one colour. Like the tank/seat/side-covers/headlight, though. Very nice job on the tank!

Your bike is a perfect example of a suitable cafe-racer project! Engine angle and proportions are great, tank doesn't need altering, I reckon go for it, as Axzle so eloquently put it... :rolleyes:

I kinda agree with ya, i'm not too sure if it "works" colour wise myself. Maybe if i do the seat, bars & indicators it may look "finished"

Thanks for the C & C guys, keep 'em coming.

Bellicose
14th February 2013, 09:05
Awesome work bro, that colour is excellent, I'd love to do my frame in that!
Love the attention to detail, it's not often we see things done like this here.

Got any spare parts left over :msn-wink:

Thanks mate. Spare parts for?

ducatilover
14th February 2013, 09:06
Thanks mate. Spare parts for?

Anything, I'm a parts whore

Re seat: you could chop the foam so it's flat and make a custom cover? It's what I've done and it keeps it classic looking without a gay lumpy seat :niceone:

Bellicose
14th February 2013, 09:14
Anything, I'm a parts whore

Re seat: you could chop the foam so it's flat and make a custom cover? It's what I've done and it keeps it classic looking without a gay lumpy seat :niceone:

HAHA, ain't no "spare parts" here, this damn CD250 is made of unobtainium, EVERYTHING is ex Japan indent.

The seay idea is a bloody good one mate, will have to talk to some upholsterers (sp?).

ducatilover
14th February 2013, 09:34
HAHA, ain't no "spare parts" here, this damn CD250 is made of unobtainium, EVERYTHING is ex Japan indent.

The seay idea is a bloody good one mate, will have to talk to some upholsterers (sp?).

http://www.burtonbikebits.net/images/CIMG1918.jpg I'm going for this look with my twin seat, pleated vinyl. Doing it myself though :niceone: